Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,585 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Teenager Stages Own Kidnap, Demands N500,000 - Police Reports - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Teenager Stages Own Kidnap, Demands N500,000 - Police Reports (189 Views)

Pastor Richard Onyekachukwu Plans His Kidnap, Demands N10m Ransom / 16-Year-Old Girl Connives With Boyfriend To Fake Kidnap, Demands N500,000 Ransom / 15-Year-Old Boy Stages Own Kidnap In Jos, Demands N500,000 As Ransom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Teenager Stages Own Kidnap, Demands N500,000 - Police Reports by MacTv: 10:44am On Aug 16, 2019
Jerry Ngwe, a 15 years old boy allegedly staged his own kidnap, demanding for a ransom sum of N500,000.

The report made by newsmen gathered that the boy who was paraded yesterday in Jos, the Plateau State capital.

According to Jerry, “I was the one who initiated the plan and not my friends. I wanted my father to give me money for clothes and to also celebrate my graduation.”

The Commissioner of Police in Plateau State, Isaac Akinmoyede said five persons were arrested in a case of criminal conspiracy and kidnapping, including the victim who stage-managed his own kidnap.

He said the father of the victim, Jerry Vichi, had on July 19 reported at ‘A’ Division, Jos, that his son, working as an apprentice at a motor vehicle electrical wiring shop, did not return after the day’s job.

The Commisioner said the suspect's father received a phone call from an unknown number informing him that his son had been kidnapped and taken away from Jos.

“The father said the caller demanded for a N500,000 ransom and threatened to kill his son if he informed the police.
“Despite the warnings and threats, he could not keep the disturbing news to himself, hence, he reported to the police.
“The police succeeded in arresting five suspects including the victim who offered himself to be kidnapped with the hope of extorting money from his father,” he said.
Akinmoyede added that the command also arrested 44 suspects in connection with alleged kidnapping, armed robbery, culpable homicide and other cult-related activities as part of its efforts to protect lives and property in the state.
“We have arrested 11 notorious kidnap suspects and a syndicate responsible for the recent kidnap at Plateau State Polytechnic Staff quarters, Haipang, Zawan and other places in Jos South Local Government Area,” he said.

Read More: https://www.mactvnaija.com/2019/08/teenager-stages-own-kidnap-demands.html

Re: Teenager Stages Own Kidnap, Demands N500,000 - Police Reports by Sureguytalk(m): 11:47am On Aug 16, 2019
angryFtc
MacTv:
Jerry Ngwe, a 15 years old boy allegedly staged his own kidnap, demanding for a ransom sum of N500,000.

The report made by newsmen gathered that the boy who was paraded yesterday in Jos, the Plateau State capital.

According to Jerry, “I was the one who initiated the plan and not my friends. I wanted my father to give me money for clothes and to also celebrate my graduation.”

The Commissioner of Police in Plateau State, Isaac Akinmoyede said five persons were arrested in a case of criminal conspiracy and kidnapping, including the victim who stage-managed his own kidnap.

He said the father of the victim, Jerry Vichi, had on July 19 reported at ‘A’ Division, Jos, that his son, working as an apprentice at a motor vehicle electrical wiring shop, did not return after the day’s job.

The Commisioner said the suspect's father received a phone call from an unknown number informing him that his son had been kidnapped and taken away from Jos.

“The father said the caller demanded for a N500,000 ransom and threatened to kill his son if he informed the police.
“Despite the warnings and threats, he could not keep the disturbing news to himself, hence, he reported to the police.
“The police succeeded in arresting five suspects including the victim who offered himself to be kidnapped with the hope of extorting money from his father,” he said.
Akinmoyede added that the command also arrested 44 suspects in connection with alleged kidnapping, armed robbery, culpable homicide and other cult-related activities as part of its efforts to protect lives and property in the state.
“We have arrested 11 notorious kidnap suspects and a syndicate responsible for the recent kidnap at Plateau State Polytechnic Staff quarters, Haipang, Zawan and other places in Jos South Local Government Area,” he said.

Read More: https://www.mactvnaija.com/2019/08/teenager-stages-own-kidnap-demands.html

(1) (Reply)

Five Star Music Twitter Handle / Abia Deputy Governor's Aide Assaults Sun Reporter / Dpo Flogged Grand Mother To Coma In Benin (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.