Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 PM

Cain And Abel Who Are Their Wives? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cain And Abel Who Are Their Wives? (1488 Views)

How Famous Nigerian Pastors Met And Wooed Their Wives / what / Story of Cain And Abel Another Myth from Islam Christianity and other religions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cain And Abel Who Are Their Wives? by opuro(m): 11:05am On May 15, 2007
hi nairalanders,

I am opuro am a very religious person. I believe in God as the most supreem beign. I dont discriminate. if u like be a muslim or christian or whatever u like to be. so far as u believe in GOD we are on the same side. Now if GOD created ADAM and EVE and ADAM and EVE have only two sons CAIN and ABEL. WHO ARE THEIR WIVES[cain and abel] abi ADAM and EVE have more than two children. if so did CAIN and ABEL marry their sisters?
Re: Cain And Abel Who Are Their Wives? by opuro(m): 2:16pm On May 16, 2007
need to be answered by pastor or mallam
Re: Cain And Abel Who Are Their Wives? by goodguy(m): 7:38pm On May 16, 2007
opuro:

Now if GOD created ADAM and EVE and ADAM and EVE have only two sons CAIN and ABEL.

Adam and Eve did not have only two sons. Have you forgotten Seth? Besides, we read in Genesis 5:4 that: "And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years: and he begat son[u]s[/u] and daughter[u]s[/u]". They had numerous children!

opuro:

WHO ARE THEIR WIVES[cain and abel] abi ADAM and EVE have more than two children. if so did CAIN and ABEL marry their sisters?

We were not told whether Abel had a wife or not. He was killed by his brother, and that's last we heard of him. But as for Cain, yes, he married his sister. I know where you're heading to already (incest, etc), but this issue has been covered extensively here already, and here's my rejoinder on it: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-8922.32.html#msg254051.

Regards.
Re: Cain And Abel Who Are Their Wives? by huxley(m): 6:47pm On Apr 26, 2008
I suppose incest was acceptable then. Or maybe they were hermaphroditic. smiley
Re: Cain And Abel Who Are Their Wives? by olabowale(m): 8:47pm On Apr 26, 2008
@Huxley: Wouldn't the incest thing turn your hypothesis (not theory by my own account) of evolution over its shaky head? Of course. The truth is that Adam and Eve had 20 sets of twins, plus one single birth, to replace Kabila (Abel) who was killed. The twenty men married the twenty women. They had children who were cousins of one another of their generational birth by their parents, uncles and aunts.

Then these children married and had more children, whereby increasing the population of mankind. It was a practice for people of these early generations to marry even their own siblings, except the child born from the same pregnancy.

Later on in the time of Prophet Idris, marriage between brother and sister was abrogated. This was before Prophet Noah.

So Huxley, you see the power of the Creator in play? Yet you do from the children of Adam and Eve in this present age so many shades and hues. But I do think you will say you personally is an offshoot of Monkey or some kind of ape, right?

Glory to A/llah who in the first verse of Chapter 4 (Surah Nisaa) confirms mankind of different hues from a singular origin: Adam. No wonder the Evolutionist have not been able to say that the Pig developed and turned to man!
Re: Cain And Abel Who Are Their Wives? by kene20(m): 10:09pm On May 02, 2008
Whao!  Let's go this way,    After the death of Abel, Adam and eve had seth when Adam was 130 years. (gen 5:3).  Adam lived another 800 years and had other children (gen 5:4) and died at the age of 930.  So I believe that Cain and Seth married their siblings.
Re: Cain And Abel Who Are Their Wives? by IDINRETE: 6:34pm On May 07, 2008
dont take that illogical mythical account of genesis seriously  grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Cain And Abel Who Are Their Wives? by vivaladiva(f): 8:24am On May 08, 2008
opuro was the wife of cain and abel
Re: Cain And Abel Who Are Their Wives? by vivaladiva(f): 6:21pm On May 08, 2008
why the question abi u wan go their wedding

(1) (Reply)

A Treatise On Faith And The Word Of Faith / Jesus Did Not Go To Heaven Friday / Does Our "Spirit" Go To Heaven After Death? / The Short Answer Interviews: Cruelty To Animals: Thehomer, Wiegraf, Plaetton

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.