Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho (17485 Views)

Barcelona Ready €100m Plus Coutinho Bid For Neymar As They Send Delegation To Pa / REASON Why We Sold Coutinho To Barcelona - Klopp / Fc Barcelona Signs Liverpool'sphillips Coutinho As They Agree £145m De (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Auxigen(m): 2:47am On Aug 17, 2019
Jokerman:
This Barcelona is a very unserious club
Instead of youse to sack that clown of a coach
Well I foresee Wenger to Barcelona grin
Gbam! U got it. . .why did Barca even sign dt greaseman punk sef! so useless!
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by izzou(m): 2:51am On Aug 17, 2019
Skynumba1:
It is funny to see how people talk like they know what the future holds. How many of you can boldly say you saw Liverpool winning the champions league after Coutinho left or saw Barcelona going 4 seasons without winning the Champions League?
It is football jare and these things happen.
I am happy for him that he is going somewhere he will have enough playing time to regain his confidence and personally Bayern Munich anyday and anytime is a contender for the Champions League though their coach Kovac is no different from Ernesto in terms of technicality and I wonder why he is still there.

Playing time indeed

Who will he bench in Bayern Munich? Who exactly?

Yes, no one knows tomorrow. But then, we should appreciate those who hold us to a high esteem. That guy was the next loved player after Gerard bowed out.

Coutinho left when he would have been needed most, and unfortunately, he went to a place that he couldn't fit into his predecessor's shoes(Andreas Iniesta)
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Drenimarcus(m): 3:31am On Aug 17, 2019
Timil:
And how is Zidane better than Valverde??
Zidane winning three UCL back to back doesn't make him one of the best coaches out there.
Zizou was only lucky things turned out well for him at that point in time and lets see if he can replicate that.

didnt wanna comment but had to, lucky to win the league too eh? lucky to win 3 peat? even the so acclaimed greatest manager SAF didnt. SMH
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Nobody: 3:37am On Aug 17, 2019
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Nobody: 3:38am On Aug 17, 2019
izzou:

Playing time indeed

Who will he bench in Bayern Munich? Who exactly?

Yes, no one knows tomorrow. But then, we should appreciate those who hold us to a high esteem. That guy was the next loved player after Gerard bowed out.

Coutinho left when he would have been needed most, and unfortunately, he went to a place that he couldn't fit into his predecessor's shoes(Andreas Iniesta)

Bro he lacked playing time in Barcelona and when he was played, he was played out of position. He cannot fill (Andres Iniesta's) shoes because they play two different midfield positions, Coutinho is a natural number 10 who plays behind the main stiker(s) and with little space brings in something spectacular from outside the box as we have seen him done times without number while Iniesta is a typical creative central midfielder to distribute the killer passses and penetrate the defence with some good foot work. I don't remember seeing him play that his natural role under Ernesto .

People like Coutinho will never work in a 3 man attack system because he lacks the pace to do so. Look at the match Barcelona lost yesterday there were opportunities that fell to Dembele especially in the closing stages of the game that if it had been Coutinho we would have probably seen his trademark long range shots (R2) from outside the box and who knows it might have been a different result.

I can't tell you specifically who he will bench but Ribery and Robben have left Bayern Munich so he is guaranteed to start due to less competition for a place in the starting 11 except he fails to perform as expected. I am a follower of Bayern Munich and Robert Lewandowski has been clamouring for the club to get world class players if they are to challenge for the different competitions this season and I think Coutinho is a step in the right direction for them. My only concern is that the Bayern Munich team lacks a manager. That Kovac guy is just as clueless as Ernesto. He brings no technical input to the team. Bayern Munich practically struggled to win their league last season and they have started poorly this time around too with a loss in the super cup and a draw at home yesterday.

I really won't be surprised if Coutinho fails to perform as a result of poor management from the manager.
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by 27Pushing30: 3:40am On Aug 17, 2019
Angelfrost:
After what Barca played tonight... Well, let's just say there's hope for Zidane and Diego Simeone. tongue
Lol guy NOBODY fears a Barca team without Messi Na why dem (Barca) no wan allow Messi go test himself for another league . Lol
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by femmoy(m): 6:39am On Aug 17, 2019
ogbonti:

I just edited my post and reading yours now shows how contradicts your Ibrahimovich example. Football is a team sport. I dont care how talented you are, you cant play the whole field by yourself - and you need to have some stability sometimes to win trophies for your club. I hope you remember how long it took CR7 to win anything with Portugal. If Portugal were a clubside, and CR7 had the option to abandon it, he may have done so out of frustration - after losing the European cup finals in 2004 on home soil to Greece, Portugal had her fair share of misfortunes with the world's best in their team - but it paid off in 2016, and CR7 was not even a contributing factor in the finals as he was removed having sustained injury!

sometimes... just stay where you are and do your best, glory will find you!!!!

this is true and it's peculiar to most south American players,they tend to go after money than achievements,look at Oscar of Chelsea,he left in his prime,take a look at my lovely Sanchez,he did the same thing, Contihno left in search of achievements and money since none was forth coming back then in Liverpool,likewise Neymar's departure from Barca....now he's like an unwanted commodity.
the difference between them and our African brother is insignificant.

lesson to reason in life is that once a player misses it,he misses out,except if God wishes to give you a second chance.
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by femmoy(m): 6:40am On Aug 17, 2019
femmoy:

this is true and it's peculiar to most south American players,they tend to go after money than achievements,look at Oscar of Chelsea,he left in his prime,take a look at my lovely Sanchez,he did the same thing only to fall out of favour within less than a season, Contihno left in search of achievements and money since none was forth coming back then in Liverpool,likewise Neymar's departure from Barca....now he's like an unwanted commodity.

lesson to reason in life is that once a player misses it,he misses out,except if God wishes to give you a second chance.
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by nzeobi(m): 6:59am On Aug 17, 2019
300wayne:
This guy threaded same path as wilfred Bonny, Sinclair of Swansea and jack rodwell of everton.......
Alex song of arsenal
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by chiboy1116: 7:52am On Aug 17, 2019
ogbonti:

Oga I have typed facts here, you are getting emotional now. I dont know if coutinho was fighting the other players in the dressing room.. all my arguement here are based on stats and facts, not his bad luck or good luck grin
and?

Like I said Liverpool is a more balanced team now without coutinho , with coutinho we couldn't press like we normally do now , other midfielders used to cover up for his mistakes cos his stamina was always shit poor . Don't get me wrong , coutinho is a fantastic player but Liverpool is a more balanced team right now without him and I don't think we would have won the UCL with coutinho been around though IMHO
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Angelfrost(m): 8:12am On Aug 17, 2019
eni4real:
Leo GOAT did not play tho!

That is a worrying situation... Dude is aging, and shouldn't even be a starter. The fact that they still don't have a solid alternative is pathetic.
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 17, 2019
ogbonti:
sometimes it is good to stay where you are in life and avoid all this move move drama. Imagine if Coutinho had stayed at Liverpool, he would have been a European Champion today with Liverpool and a key member of the squad where he will be respected and adored and his stock will rise and value so much appreciate - today he is being chased around like an unwanted commodity..

it reminds me of Zlatan Ibrahimovich, He was so obsessed with wining the UEFA champions league that he left Juventus for Inter Milan after 2 seasons, he failed - he left Inter for Barca, and Eto'o was sent to Inter to replace him. that same season Inter won the Champions league with Eto'o beating Barca. In frustration he left Barca to AC Milan and as soon as he left Barca won the UEFA champions league.... He left AC Milan for PSG whossai, went to Manchester United, zero.... he later confessed he was busy chasing UEFA champions league glory instead of focusing his effort in team building and enjoying his football

BIkonu, this same scenario apply to our girls - if you are comfortable in a relationship - even if the guy is not rich, i beg siddon in your relationship and nourish it to marriage and dont fall for the bling bling flashy new wealthy guys whose source of wealth you dont know - BE WISE!
Liverpool sold coutinho and bought vvd and Allison without them they would not have won UCL.
Though it could have been better for him to stay in Liverpool.
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Nobody: 9:16am On Aug 17, 2019
[quote author=ogbonti post=81320719]sometimes it is good to stay where you are in life and avoid all this move move drama. Imagine if Coutinho had stayed at Liverpool, he would have been a European Champion today with Liverpool and a key member of the squad where he will be respected and adored and his stock will rise and value so much appreciate - today he is being chased around like an unwanted commodity..

it reminds me of Zlatan Ibrahimovich, He was so obsessed with wining the UEFA champions league that he left Juventus for Inter Milan after 2 seasons, he failed - he left Inter for Barca, and Eto'o was sent to Inter to replace him. that same season Inter won the Champions league with Eto'o beating Barca. In frustration he left Barca to AC Milan and as soon as he left Barca won the UEFA champions league.... He left AC Milan for PSG whossai, went to Manchester United, zero.... he later confessed he was busy chasing UEFA champions league glory instead of focusing his effort in team building and enjoying his football

BIkonu, this same scenario apply to our girls - if you are comfortable in a relationship - even if the guy is not rich, i beg siddon in your relationship and nourish it to marriage and dont fall for the bling bling flashy new wealthy guys whose source of wealth you dont know - BE WISE![/quot
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by anonymous1759(m): 9:31am On Aug 17, 2019
Lorenzop:
Serves him right...even Klopp begged this guy to stay, he said no and went ahead to use his personal funds to complete the transfer fee just so he could move to Barca, today he is nothing near his former self..... Bitter lesson yo the current Liverpool players who have all learned from it. I wonder the look on his face when Liverpool upturned the 3 :0 deficit against them by beating Barca 4:0 at An field....What a night!! grin grin grin

You're not a good person. I hope you get all your decisions 100% right all through your stay in life. I don't blame him. player get hit when they ditch clubs but we forget clubs also treat players baldy when they're not inform forgetting the player gave them the very best I don't want to start calling out players clubs treated badly.
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 17, 2019
Angelfrost:

That is a worrying situation... Dude is aging, and shouldn't even be a starter. The fact that they still don't have a solid alternative is pathetic.
But a 36 year old Quagliarela is the king of goals in SerieA. How come his age did not deny him the golden boot (despite having poor teammates)??

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Rajosh(m): 10:03am On Aug 17, 2019
Angelfrost:
After what Barca played tonight... Well, let's just say there's hope for Zidane and Diego Simeone. tongue
I see Atletico Madrid giving R. Madrid and Barcelona a run for their money. I'm Team Atletico this season for la Liga.
A die hard Man U fan for life
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Lorenzop: 10:05am On Aug 17, 2019
anonymous1759:

You're not a good person. I hope you get all your decisions 100% right all through your stay in life. I don't blame him. player get hit when they ditch clubs but we forget clubs also treat players baldy when they're not inform forgetting the player gave them the very best I don't want to start calling out players clubs treated badly.

Oh yeah holier than though!....remove the speck in your eyes before looking at mine....as far as I know his move was a selfish one and let him deal with it.....as for me I am responsible for my own actions and so are you so please quit the self righteous attitude already
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Angelfrost(m): 10:43am On Aug 17, 2019
eni4real:
But a 36 year old Quagliarela is the king of goals in SerieA. How come his age did not deny him the golden boot (despite having poor teammates)??

Fabio is probably the last of the unique "Batistuta kind".

Besides, he is mostly a goal scorer... Whereas, Messi is a playmaker (one of the few left)... His successor should have been ready at least a season ago. That's why without him, the team lacks bite and direction.

As for age, it tells more on all round playmakers than solo strikers... That's why Cristiano has lessened his playmaking with age, and is more of a tap in or set piece finisher these days.
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Nobody: 10:56am On Aug 17, 2019
Angelfrost:

Fabio is probably the last of the unique "Batistuta kind".

Besides, he is mostly a goal scorer... Whereas, Messi is a playmaker (one of the few left)... His successor should have been ready at least a season ago. That's why without him, the team lacks bite and direction.
You can't replace a GOAT with a single player!!!
That is why Barcelona is spending heavily to replace him.. Grizzi, Dembele, De Jong, .. . All these players are bought to ensure a smooth sailing post-Messi era, that is why the club is desperate to bring Neymar back too!!
The club should get a Suarez and Pique replacement too!! Messi is always outstanding. He is the best.. Suarez fired poorly last season.. I know Hater want to blame Messi presence or absence for everything, but objectively, Barcelona should get a prolific striker, and a World class defender to strengthen the team!!! That is the best way to prepare for a post - Messi era. Not necessarily by buying players who can replace him..

You can't replace a player that score an average of 43 goals every season for 14 years... You can't... It is not possible!!!

Just give the team more core and stability... So that your team will not be disgraced like Real Madrid after Ronaldo deserted them... Be prepared!!!
Barcelona can still be successful after Messi's retirement, just don't try to replace him.. . The replacements can be good for 4 or 5 seasons(at most) .. None of them will be excellent for 14 seasons!!!
Balance the team instead!!!!

1 Like

Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Angelfrost(m): 11:06am On Aug 17, 2019
eni4real:
You can't replace a GOAT with a single player!!!
That is why Barcelona is spending heavily to replace him.. Grizzi, Dembele, De Jong, .. . All these players are bought to ensure a smooth sailing post-Messi era, that is why the club is desperate to bring Neymar back too!!
The club should get a Suarez and Pique replacement too!! Messi is always outstanding. He is the best.. Suarez fired poorly last season.. I know Hater want to blame Messi presence or absence for everything, but objectively, Barcelona should get a prolific striker, and a World class defender to strengthen the team!!! That is the best way to prepare for a post - Messi era. Not necessarily by buying players who can replace him..

You can't replace a player that score an average of 43 goals every season for 14 years... You can't... It is not possible!!!

Just give the team more core and stability... So that your team will not be disgraced like Real Madrid after Ronaldo deserted them... Be prepared!!!
Barcelona can still be successful after Messi's retirement, just don't try to replace him.. . The replacements can be good for 4 or 5 seasons(at most) .. None of them will be excellent for 14 seasons!!!
Balance the team instead!!!!

Semantics sir.... By replacement, I wasn't referring to a single player (most certainly not).
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 17, 2019
Angelfrost:

Semantics sir.... By replacement, I wasn't referring to a single player (most certainly not).
I understand better now!!
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by Abbey2sam(m): 11:12am On Aug 17, 2019
chiboy1116:
if coutinho had stayed in Liverpool , Liverpool would probably drop out of the Virgil race and they wouldn't be balanced . I don't think de would have won shit.

I think i agree with you on this, his leaving was a blessing to liverpool
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by anonymous1759(m): 11:18am On Aug 17, 2019
Lorenzop:

Oh yeah holier than though!....remove the speck in your eyes before looking at mine....as far as I know his move was a selfish one and let him deal with it.....as for me I am responsible for my own actions and so are you so please quit the self righteous attitude already

He did what was right for him don't say he's selfish. You also forget that clubs put some players to surplus to requirement despite the Players wanting to stay you won't say the club is selfish.

The club is going concern to the management so does the life of the player he decides for himself where best suits him. He won 4 titles with Barcelona he's not a loser. If you call coutinho a loser because he didn't win the champions League Raheem sterling his also on that list.
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by ogbonti: 7:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
femmoy:

this is true and it's peculiar to most south American players,they tend to go after money than achievements,look at Oscar of Chelsea,he left in his prime,take a look at my lovely Sanchez,he did the same thing, Contihno left in search of achievements and money since none was forth coming back then in Liverpool,likewise Neymar's departure from Barca....now he's like an unwanted commodity.

You are very correct, look at the life of Eto... he was chased out of Madrid to Mallorca and he won the kings cup with them, then Barca came for him, he won La Liga, pichichi and 2 Champions League and Guardiola chased him away to Inter, that same year he won the Treble with Inter (Including Champions League) moral of story, except u are chased away, sometimes remain where u are and do your very best and glory will find you!!!! A wise lady once told me, IF YOU WANT NOTHING, YOU GET EVERYTHING!
Re: Barcelona Confirm Agreement To Loan Coutinho by jstbeinhonest(m): 9:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
Beverlyjean:

Everyone can't b Ronaldo or ibrahimovic....this is one reason y Messi is scared of leaving.... Great players shine thru any light or darkness

So Ibrahimovic is a greater player than Messi?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

West Ham Vs Manchester City (1 - 1) On 24th October 2020 / Leicester City Vs Chelsea (1 - 3) On 11th March 2023 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal [2 - 0] On Sunday, 7th Feb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.