Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,148 members, 7,780,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:34 AM

Between Vb6 & Vb.net - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Between Vb6 & Vb.net (1076 Views)

Login Code In Vb6.0 / Install Vb6 Application On Android / Help me convert this Vb6.0 code To Vb.net (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Between Vb6 & Vb.net by RuuDie(m): 11:12am On May 15, 2007
never used VB.NET and i'm quite curious about it --- how much does it differ from the conventional VB series & how easy/difficult would it be for a VB6 programmer to migrate/learn it.
Re: Between Vb6 & Vb.net by IG: 6:31pm On May 15, 2007
Well, to me VB.NET is a completely different language from VB6.
But if you have programmed in VB6 it will be easy for you to migrate to VB.NET.
You just have to start thinking more in terms of Objects.

If you are still coding in VB6, I'll advice you to move to VB.NET because it gives
you the full power of a modern day object oriented programming language.
Re: Between Vb6 & Vb.net by dag(m): 6:42pm On May 15, 2007
between vb6 and .net is pretty large sea, but if you are familiar with vb6 you'll have a ferry ride across, like ig said its object oriented that means a different paradigm for development, but the strength that it draws from the wealth of OOP is worth the migration. join the bandwagon
Re: Between Vb6 & Vb.net by RuuDie(m): 11:52am On May 18, 2007
thanx lads, still got some mo' ? though --- can i install & run both on 1 Pc & does .NET come with its own HELP package or u'll have to get the MSDN Library for any assistance?
Re: Between Vb6 & Vb.net by IG: 5:13pm On May 18, 2007
1-You can run both VB.NET and VB6 on the same computer. They two different things that do not conflict.
2- Yeah dotNET comes with documentation (A lot). The documentation helps a lot as a refference material but
getting a book will really increase your speed.

(1) (Reply)

Mssql / Php Help / Pls Appraise This My First Site / Any One With Programming Skill In C,c++, Or Assembly Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.