Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,246 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform (409 Views)

Literature / Let Me Be Your Literature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by Samboizz: 12:03am On Aug 17, 2019
Dear fellow Nairalander,Poets and Literature lover!,

I feel the need and urge to gather and reform the Literature (Poetry) section of Nairaland.
It is so sadden that the Literature section is given little attention by members and moderators of this forum.

A first time visitor would not easily knows there exist a Poetry section in this forum because the moderators pays so little attention to it that no posts from this section is rarely moved to the frontpage.

So for this reason, I would like us(poets and literature lovers of this forum) to gather together and plan a reform strategy for this section.

Together, lets make the art in us rise again, together let's make Nairaland a good place for literature lovers!

Cc seun
Cc lalasticlala
Cc mynd44
Re: Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by Kiddogarcia(m): 9:15am On Aug 21, 2019
Nice one,but your fellow poet are doing nothing about this.check within yourselves before you call out moderators.seems we are all contented with the 100+ views we get everytime we drop our work.
Re: Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by Samboizz: 8:52pm On Aug 21, 2019
Kiddogarcia:
Nice one,but your fellow poet are doing nothing about this.check within yourselves before you call out moderators.seems we are all contented with the 100+ views we get everytime we drop our work.

If only we(poet) adopt a mutual co-operation towards having our work moved to the frontpage and also getting more than the usual 100+ views
Re: Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by Kiddogarcia(m): 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2019
Samboizz:

If only we(poet) adopt a mutual co-operation towards having our work moved to the frontpage and also getting more than the usual 100+ views
what do you think we do
Re: Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by Samboizz: 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2019
Kiddogarcia:
what do you think we do
The same question I wish to ask.
I opined we form a group of poets and discuss together on what to do..?
Re: Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by Kiddogarcia(m): 9:22pm On Aug 21, 2019
Samboizz:

The same question I wish to ask.
I opined we form a group of poets and discuss together on what to do..?
lead and watch us follow
Re: Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by Samboizz: 9:28pm On Aug 21, 2019
Kiddogarcia:
lead and watch us follow
The main problem now is how to draw the attention of some poets. They seem uninterested and I cannot do this alone.
We are gonna do it together!
Re: Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by Kiddogarcia(m): 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2019
Samboizz:

The main problem now is how to draw the attention of some poets. They seem uninterested and I cannot do this alone.
We are gonna do it together!
let's call names.jigsawkiller,scarphase
Re: Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by Samboizz: 9:37pm On Aug 21, 2019
Kiddogarcia:
let's call names.jigsawkiller,scarphase
Cc noble4d,kiski,poetictwenty,cuddlemii
Re: Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by Samboizz: 9:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
And every other poets come in and let's discuss!!
Re: Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by Samboizz: 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2019
Cc HumbledbYGrace
Cc Obinnau
Re: Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by noble4d(m): 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2019
Samboizz:

Cc noble4d,kiski,poetictwenty,cuddlemii
A good idea...what do you suggest?
Re: Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by olatunyemi(m): 7:18am On Sep 20, 2019
The last time I write poetry here was when I was still learning the art. most poetries rarely get comments and that discouraged me
Re: Need For Nairaland Literature - Poetry Reform by scarphase(m): 9:08am On Oct 04, 2019
I am happy someone else is givi8this a thought. I had raised it before on one of my posts and even tagged Lalasticlala on the need to move our works to the front page for better exposure. He moved one of my works to the front page and since then I have not seen much from this section there.

Who is the moderator for this section. I guess we can start from there. Its disheartening when people say Nairaland is lacking content these while we poets drop works here daily! I dropped 3 works in 3 days and I am sure others have been doing same

(1) (Reply)

AJUKWU POEMS(A Poem By Francis Abadom) / Beggars / Nigerian Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.