Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. (11224 Views)

John Dumelo: I Will Walk Barefoot From Accra To Lagos If Nigeria Defeats Ghana / D'Tigress Defeats Mali To Become 2021 Women's Afrobasket Champions / Morocco Defeats Mali 2-0 To Retain African Nations Championship Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by Barryseal: 9:29am On Aug 17, 2019

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by Famocious(m): 9:35am On Aug 17, 2019
greypencils:
I wish Arike Ogunbowale can play for Nigeria. She will bring fire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVSWxaiWwZI

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2018/04/02/who-is-notre-dames-arike-ogunbowale-who-twice-hit-the-shot-of-a-lifetime-in-the-womens-final-four/?noredirect=on

watch her game

Arike is a great player and will be a great addition to the team.

I feel for our male senior team.. The traveling and camping allowance yet to be pai by the sport commission. This sort of negligence wouldn't motivate other top players to commit their allegiance to Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by Famocious(m): 9:36am On Aug 17, 2019
Barryseal:

Who is this girl? Is she Nigerian? She's crazy

Full fledged Nigerian

You can check out Ogwumike sisters.. Nneka and Chiney...

We are really blessed with human resources but poor government policy and management

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by Barryseal: 9:41am On Aug 17, 2019
Famocious:

Full fledged Nigerian

She deserves a spot in the D'Tigress. The girl can ball.
Hope the authorities and team management can get her in
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by Famocious(m): 9:46am On Aug 17, 2019
Barryseal:

She deserves a spot in the D'Tigress. The girl can ball.
Hope the authorities and team management can get her in

Yes, especially for the Olympics..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by naptu2: 9:46am On Aug 17, 2019
femi4:
Substandard, they couldn't pull 100pts since the inception of this competition

False. They scored 106 points against Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by greypencils: 9:50am On Aug 17, 2019
Barryseal:

Who is this girl? Is she Nigerian? She's crazy

She is Nigerian O. And she has been endorsed by nobody less than Kobe Bryant. She most likely might win rookie of the year in WNBA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by Barryseal: 10:05am On Aug 17, 2019
greypencils:

She is Nigerian O. And she has been endorsed by nobody less than Kobe Bryant. She most likely might win rookie of the year in WNBA
If that's the case, she maybe too high profile for Nigeria to court. Harsh truth.
I will be on the look out for her though.
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by LazyGold(m): 10:16am On Aug 17, 2019
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by greypencils: 10:18am On Aug 17, 2019
Barryseal:

If that's the case, she maybe too high profile for Nigeria to court. Harsh truth.
I will be on the look out for her though.
My thoughts too. She was drafted 5th overall into the WNBA. No Nigerian has ever been drafted that high. At that level, she will be poached by the U.S national team. Just like her many Nigerian male counterparts. The best play for the U.S. We are left with the dregs. Imagine Andre Iguodala, a Nigerian playing against us in 2012 and beating us flawlessly 156 - 73. Its heartbreaking men!
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by henryhemon(m): 10:27am On Aug 17, 2019
faithfull18:
Ok

You do payment before delivery?
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by Aystarz: 10:38am On Aug 17, 2019
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by Barryseal: 10:47am On Aug 17, 2019
greypencils:
My thoughts too. She was drafted 5th overall into the WNBA. No Nigerian has ever been drafted that high. At that level, she will be poached by the U.S national team. Just like her many Nigerian male counterparts. The best play for the U.S. We are left with the dregs. Imagine Andre Iguodala, a Nigerian playing against us in 2012 and beating us flawlessly 156 - 73. Its heartbreaking men!
I think Victor Oladipo was 3rd draft by Orlando Magic. It's surprising he's not turning out for Nigeria as he is known to mingle within the Nigerian community, unlike Andre Iguodala who sees himself as black American.

This girl looks the part. She's the real deal. She was unplayable in the short clip. She's on the straight and narrow path to play for America.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by Ajenikoko89: 10:51am On Aug 17, 2019
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by colizee(m): 10:57am On Aug 17, 2019
Clearly they need more support and audience, check out the seats!!!!

Rep well Tigress!!!
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by greypencils: 11:01am On Aug 17, 2019
Barryseal:

I think Victor Oladipo was 3rd draft by Orlando Magic. It's surprising he's not turning out for Nigeria as he is known to mingle within the Nigerian community, unlike Andre Iguodala who sees himself as black American.

This girl looks the part. She's the real deal. She was unplayable in the short clip. She's on the straight and narrow path to play for America.
Hakeem Olajuwon was drafted first overall in 1984. I was talking about the WNBA. Trust me, it hurts seeing ones countrymen playing against one's country. Something that will never have happened if only the Nigerian state was a responsible one. Imagine Giannis Antetokounmpo playing against Nigeria in next year's olympics? There are loads and loads of Nigerian players playing topflight basketball in the NBA but No, they will rather go stateless than play for Nigeria. It is sad. And thats is why if anything, I am happy for Gernot Rohr's input into the Super Eagles. He scouts for Nigerians no matter how mixed their bloods are and brings them into the team.
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by Barryseal: 11:11am On Aug 17, 2019
greypencils:
Hakeem Olajuwon was drafted first overall in 1984. I was talking about the WNBA. Trust me, it hurts seeing ones countrymen playing against one's country. Something that will never have happened if only the Nigerian state was a responsible one. Imagine Giannis Antetokounmpo playing against Nigeria in next year's olympics? There are loads and loads of Nigerian players playing topflight basketball in the NBA but No, they will rather go stateless than play for Nigeria. It is sad. And thats is why if anything, I am happy for Gernot Rohr's input into the Super Eagles. He scouts for Nigerians no matter how mixed their bloods are and brings them into the team.
You can't really blame the players. Administratively, we are not getting it right. The leadership tussle in the Nbbf is quite intriguing. So intriguing that we were on a tight rope to be banned earlier this year.

We can't even get enough money to pay the mandatory Insurance license to NBA teams if we are inviting players from there.Al farouk Aminu wasn't part of the last Afro basket because of this. Basketball in the country needs leadership and funding basically.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by greypencils: 11:16am On Aug 17, 2019
Barryseal:

You can't really blame the players. Administratively, we are not getting it right. The leadership tussle in the Nbbf is quite intriguing. So intriguing that we were on a tight rope to be banned earlier this year.

We can't even get enough money to pay the mandatory Insurance license to NBA teams if we are inviting players from there.Al farouk Aminu wasn't part of the last Afro basket because of this. Basketball in the country needs leadership and funding basically.
Aminu was at the forefront of the 156-73 whitewashing. No body want to get humiliated that bad twice. Nigerian basketball is nothing to write home about at the global level and the failed Nigerian state made it so. Forget all this hype about being the best in Africa. We could be much more. Its quite sad. Really.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by Barryseal: 11:22am On Aug 17, 2019
greypencils:
Aminu was at the forefront of the 156-73 whitewashing. No body want to get humiliated that bad twice. Nigerian basketball is nothing to write home about at the global level and the failed Nigerian state made it so. Forget all this hype about being the best in Africa. We could be much more. Its quite sad. Really.
I'm actually talking about the last Afro basket in Tunisia where we came 2nd. Aminu wasn't part of the team. With him we could have retained the title.

Bottom line remains we are not doing well as a country. Look at the indoor gym they are playing this championship in Senegal, top class gym you have there. In Abidjan, they have anothee world class gym which hosted the Afro basket in 2015. All in West Africa.

Have you seen our national gym at the stadium in Surulere? Elementary schools in Texas have better gyms than that.
This is supposed to be our best facility.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by greypencils: 11:23am On Aug 17, 2019
Barryseal:

I'm actually talking about the last Afro basket in Tunisia where we came 2nd. Aminu wasn't part of the team. With him we could have retained the title.

Bottom line remains we are not doing well as a country. Look at the indoor gym they are playing this championship in Senegal, top class gym you have there. In Abidjan, they have anothee world class gym which hosted the Afro basket in 2015. All in West Africa.

Have you seen our national gym at the stadium in Surulere? Elementary schools in Texas have better gyms than that.
...This is sad...really sad
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by tendawarrior1(m): 11:36am On Aug 17, 2019
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by faithfull18(f): 12:26pm On Aug 17, 2019
henryhemon:

You do payment before delivery?
Yes.
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by mechanics(m): 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
The babes are really performing magic, kudos to them.
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by Famocious(m): 1:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
Barryseal:

What's happening at the NBBF is a true reflection of what is happening elsewhere in this country.

I can't really point out a sector in this country where we are doing great...

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by PDPGuy: 2:31pm On Aug 17, 2019
Barryseal:

She already plays for the US team cry

2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by naptu2: 2:45pm On Aug 17, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by greypencils: 2:48pm On Aug 17, 2019
[quote author=naptu2 post=81337411][/quote] wetin brain drain go cause ehn! It will drain the life out of everything good in Nigeria.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by henryhemon(m): 5:34pm On Aug 17, 2019
faithfull18:

Yes.

Hit me up via dm.
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by faithfull18(f): 10:28pm On Aug 17, 2019
henryhemon:

Hit me up via dm.
My WhatsApp contact is on my signature and profile. I think it's easier that way.
Re: Nigeria Defeats Mali 79-58, Will Play Senegal In Afrobasket 2019 Final. by Addme: 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2019
naptu2:
Bro let`s celebrate DTigress.They have done it again....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Blessing Okagbare Wins 100m In London Diamond League / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia Will Be Shown On SuperSport / Vincent Enyeama Set To Receive Honorary Doctorate Award From University Of Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.