Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out (20771 Views)

Peremobowei Tukuwei Dies In Boat Accident / Panic Hits Lagos Posh Areas, As Bandits Kidnap 6 In 24 Hrs - Tribune / Obafemi Awolowo‘s Mercedes-Benz 230.6 In His Ikenne Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:49am On Aug 17, 2019
By the way, what of the people he saved?
Have they tried to reach out to the lady and offer assistance?
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by erico2k2(m): 10:50am On Aug 17, 2019
careytommy37:
What will it cost Wike to employ this woman?
the question should be what would it cost the FG to employ her.this is the right question
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by point5: 10:51am On Aug 17, 2019
Imagine,written a lot of letter already yet to address by govnor,,met deputy yet noting,,plz tell me how many letters you think Tacha will write to meet her govnor if she Wins BBnija pepper dem 2019
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:53am On Aug 17, 2019
shege45:
After they would say we should be patriotic
What is the Patriotism in saving lives? undecided
Una sef ehhh
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:54am On Aug 17, 2019
Emily22:
I don't like to say this but it's the reality

Nigerians are not worth dying for...

I was expecting her to say that the survivors helped her a lot but she did not mention it i.e even the ones the husband saved did not help her talkless of the government..

In your next life,tell Ur husband James bond na fake o......

Think of your family first before taking drastic actions
Exactly what i was looking out for!
Very sad!

1 Like

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Authority1o1(m): 10:56am On Aug 17, 2019
Simplyleo:
With this her outcry, very sure the appropriate authority will soon locate her for neccessary action.
You mean the "appropriate authority" that she has been writing multiple letters to?
This country needs serious salvation bro.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by hilaryCU(m): 10:57am On Aug 17, 2019
I feel so emotional, anytime, i read news about this hero. If this man happens to come from a place where they respect selfless deeds, his story will never be forgotten and those he left behind will not have the cause to come to social media for this.

He gave his life that others may live, rest on Bro, you are a rare gem.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by UnitedFront: 10:58am On Aug 17, 2019
Authority1o1:
Reminds me of the popular 'die for nigerian at your own peril' quote.
A man sacrificed his dear life for others and nothing has been done to repay his bereaved family.
A stupid,unconcerned,inhumame and non-chalant gov. Amaechi steps forward and makes an unfulfiled promise just to calm tensions and make people see him as a compassionate man.
Must all politicians be cruel?
Must one be so heartless to become a politician?
Afterall the bereaved is not your son.
God will will surely repay his family for his kind gestures.
Sorry for the loss.I TRULY wish I could help.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by eddyslim(m): 10:59am On Aug 17, 2019
Wike pls do something about this hero's family
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by bennie1980(m): 11:00am On Aug 17, 2019
For the lives of others, he gave his life. Let the governor help the family of the patriotic Nigerian
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by iyimide(m): 11:01am On Aug 17, 2019
This lady was my classmate some years back.. God will stand with you Blessing..
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:02am On Aug 17, 2019
[quote author=agwom post=81323471]Wife Of Hero Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries: ‘rivers Gov’t Hasn’t Kept Promises

Mrs. Blessing Blackson is the wife of late Joe Blackson, who saved 13 passengers, but lost his life during a boat accident that claimed the lives of six persons, in July last year. One year after his death, the family of the unsung hero still misses their bread winner dearly.

Daily Trust: How has it been since the death of your husband?

Mrs. Blessing Blackson: Life has not been the same since I lost my husband. It has not been easy, especially because he was the father of the family and our breadwinner. His death has created a big vacuum in the family. All the same, we thank God for keeping us alive and for sustaining us.

DT: A few days after his death, the Rivers State governor promised automatic employment for you and also to take care of the children’s education. Have these promises been fulfilled?

Blackson: No. Nothing has been done. The promises haves not been fulfilled. DT: Why? Blackson: I don’t know. But I know that the governor is a good man and noted for keeping his promises. He is a very busy man and may have forgotten but I know that God will touch his heart to fulfill the promises made to this family.

DT: Have you made inquiries on why the promise is yet to be fulfilled?

Blackson: I have tried on my own to reach out to the government on this matter but nothing has happened yet. I have written letters which were addressed to the Chairman of Degema Local Government Council. I was also advised to meet the Head of Service. I tried severally but nothing has come my way. However, I was able to meet the Deputy Governor who advised me to write another letter to the governor on the promise. I have written the letter and the Deputy Governor promised to follow it up.

DT: I learnt that you set up a foundation in honour of your late husband

Blackson: Yes, I set up a foundation, as well as a swimming academy, which was launched on the 29th of last month to commemorate the one year anniversary of my husband’s death. The foundation is to teach both children and adults the rudiments of swimming in order to prevent what happened to my husband happening to others. I have started a process for the project but I need fund to implement it. I am working towards building an Olympic size swimming pool for the academy. I want to appeal to the state to come to our aid by fulfilling all the promises made to the family. My daughter will start school in September and I need fund to enroll her in school and also sustain my family.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/wife-of-hero-who-died-saving-6-in-boat-mishap-cries-rivers-govt-hasnt-kept-promises.html[/quote
Wayo government
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by dododawa1: 11:07am On Aug 17, 2019
Africa only celebrate CRIMINALS.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Nobody: 11:10am On Aug 17, 2019
Died saving 6 people? in Nigeria? Hell NO! i would just their drowning or drowned bodies as steps to walk on and save myself, They should call their Jesus, God and crooked pastors whom they pay thithes to, to save them.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 17, 2019
descartes400:
In Nigeria, I don't intend to play hero at the expense of self or family.

If me and my girlfriend dey waka for street and Ekuke bark and charge at us, I will run with Usain Bolt dexterity before I even realise a babe was with me. undecided in so doing, I have been able to save my self for a future family tongue

Don't over play heroism.
Gbam! Afterall you can always find another girlfriend. grin Infact, even if it is my wife, i ain't prepared to die for her either, i can Always marry another wife. grin

But when it comes to my children? angry I would use my head to Halt a speeding trailer.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by kayusely70(m): 11:14am On Aug 17, 2019
We never get our priorities in this country. If it was mundate matter im sure the governor wouldve rolled out the red carpet. Fulfil your promise and save the family from anguish.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by hilaryCU(m): 11:14am On Aug 17, 2019
For those suggesting that he should have stayed out,he might have acted on impulse and was just saving lives and i believe not knowing that he will die, since he was a very good swimmer to have managed to save such a number of drowning people.

It was so unfortunate that it happened but it will be unfair to view it from the angle of he should have refused to help when he knew he can.

He simply grew tired and died of exhaustion without much inkling that was going to happen.

I pray he finds peace wherever and whatever might have happened to him in death.

Your family will never regret your deed at the end.

RIP Good Brother.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by WalkerMichael(m): 11:17am On Aug 17, 2019
point5:
Imagine,written a lot of letter already yet to address by govnor,,met deputy yet noting,,plz tell me how many letters you think Tacha will write to meet her govnor if she Wins BBnija pepper dem 2019

I doubt she'd need any letter sef
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by luvme0702: 11:19am On Aug 17, 2019
If it is BBnaija now, the government would have long fulfilled their promise. How can they delay fulfilling their promises for the family of a man who sacrificed his life to save people? No shame! I hate being a Nigerian.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 17, 2019
Very touching, remembered the story vividly

Check siggy for your verified wechat and alipay account.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by AntiWailer: 11:31am On Aug 17, 2019
iyimide:
This lady was my classmate some years back.. God will stand with you Blessing..

Iyimide P

Bingham University

1 Like

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by ebuclassic18(m): 11:39am On Aug 17, 2019
Have you seen any of those the young man saved their lives comeout to protest or even remind the government on their promise to the family of the man that saved them,maybe they ave forgotten
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by AmazingELixir: 11:45am On Aug 17, 2019
Authority1o1:
Reminds me of the popular 'die for nigerian at your own peril' quote.
A man sacrificed his dear life for others and nothing has been done to repay his bereaved family.
A stupid,unconcerned,inhumame and non-chalant gov. Wike steps forward and makes an unfulfiled promise just to calm tensions and make people see him as a compassionate man.
Must all politicians be cruel?
Must one be so heartless to become a politician?
Afterall the bereaved is not your son.
God will will surely repay his family for his kind gestures.
Sorry for the loss.I TRULY wish I could help.

undecided undecided

Ain't you very stupid for describing the governor asuch...is the state obligated to specifically cater for the deceased family, what the governor made was a pledge with no specified time frame to fulfill it..

The deceased young man is an unsung hero undoubtedly but his action was borne out of personal conviction and and not a service to the state but to humanity, so don't come to the public space to showcase your frustration with life. Nonsense!
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by sammie99: 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2019
After 1years gov. Wike has nt fulfiled his promise and u said the governor is a good man. The governor is a new branded form of yahoo boy.
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 17, 2019
point5:
Innocent family..wicked Nigerian government,,they should nt have promised her anything instead of keeping her waiting this long,,if na BBnija winner now,,dey for don invite am give am one big brown envelope..

see small kids na... may God see the family tru jari
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Emary(f): 12:34pm On Aug 17, 2019
agwom:
Wife Of Hero Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries: ‘rivers Gov’t Hasn’t Kept Promises

Mrs. Blessing Blackson is the wife of late Joe Blackson, who saved 13 passengers, but lost his life during a boat accident that claimed the lives of six persons, in July last year. One year after his death, the family of the unsung hero still misses their bread winner dearly.

Daily Trust: How has it been since the death of your husband?

Mrs. Blessing Blackson: Life has not been the same since I lost my husband. It has not been easy, especially because he was the father of the family and our breadwinner. His death has created a big vacuum in the family. All the same, we thank God for keeping us alive and for sustaining us.

DT: A few days after his death, the Rivers State governor promised automatic employment for you and also to take care of the children’s education. Have these promises been fulfilled?

Blackson: No. Nothing has been done. The promises haves not been fulfilled. DT: Why? Blackson: I don’t know. But I know that the governor is a good man and noted for keeping his promises. He is a very busy man and may have forgotten but I know that God will touch his heart to fulfill the promises made to this family.

DT: Have you made inquiries on why the promise is yet to be fulfilled?

Blackson: I have tried on my own to reach out to the government on this matter but nothing has happened yet. I have written letters which were addressed to the Chairman of Degema Local Government Council. I was also advised to meet the Head of Service. I tried severally but nothing has come my way. However, I was able to meet the Deputy Governor who advised me to write another letter to the governor on the promise. I have written the letter and the Deputy Governor promised to follow it up.

DT: I learnt that you set up a foundation in honour of your late husband

Blackson: Yes, I set up a foundation, as well as a swimming academy, which was launched on the 29th of last month to commemorate the one year anniversary of my husband’s death. The foundation is to teach both children and adults the rudiments of swimming in order to prevent what happened to my husband happening to others. I have started a process for the project but I need fund to implement it. I am working towards building an Olympic size swimming pool for the academy. I want to appeal to the state to come to our aid by fulfilling all the promises made to the family. My daughter will start school in September and I need fund to enroll her in school and also sustain my family.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/wife-of-hero-who-died-saving-6-in-boat-mishap-cries-rivers-govt-hasnt-kept-promises.html

OP, their surname is Blankson, not Blackson. Please take note.

1 Like

Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by Keshi5(m): 12:53pm On Aug 17, 2019
theButterfly:
Shame on the gov't. They simply made empty promises and abandoned his family.

That man deserves to be honored [name a street or something after him in his memory] and the family he left behind taken care of.
Bro that Is not what the wife is asking for
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by cckalima: 1:30pm On Aug 17, 2019
point5:
Innocent family..wicked Nigerian government,,they should nt have promised her anything instead of keeping her waiting this long,,if na BBnija winner now,,dey for don invite am give am one big brown envelope..
this inscription means "don't die for anything in Zoogeria."
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by cckalima: 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2019
quote author=point5 post=81331079]Innocent family..wicked Nigerian government,,they should nt have promised her anything instead of keeping her waiting this long,,if na BBnija winner now,,dey for don invite am give am one big brown envelope..[/quote]
Re: Blessing Blackson, Wife Of Man Who Died Saving 6 In Boat Mishap Cries Out by dslintegrated: 2:08pm On Aug 17, 2019
The govt should quickly come to the family's aid and support them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Establishes Centre For the Control of Small Arms And Light Weapons / APC Dares INEC, Vows To Go Ahead With March 26 Convention / Concession: FG Announces Preferred Bidders For Abuja, Lagos, Kano Airports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.