Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

I Blame Nigerian Government For Police, Soldiers Rivalry, Says Abubarkar Tsav - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Blame Nigerian Government For Police, Soldiers Rivalry, Says Abubarkar Tsav (300 Views)

Amnesty’s Support For IPOB, Militants Suspicious, Says Tsav / Gunmen Storm Tsav Stephen's House Ahead Of Elections. Photos / Tsav, Others Accuse Obasanjo, INEC Officials Of Conspiracy To Rig Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Blame Nigerian Government For Police, Soldiers Rivalry, Says Abubarkar Tsav by Delightikechi(m): 7:32am On Aug 17, 2019
A former Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Alhaji Abubarkar Tsav, has blamed the Nigerian government for the continuous rancor among security operatives.

“We are getting towards a state of anarchy. We are in a country where almost everyone is armed. Unfortunately, the security forces have no law guiding the use of firearms.

“What is most embarrassing is the recent killing of policemen by soldiers in Taraba. During our time, if you were armed, unless you were given instruction to shoot, you would not do that. And if you used one ammunition, you would have to write a statement explaining why you did so," Tsav said in an interview with The Nation.

Continuing, the former policeman noted, “Now people use ammunition and nobody challenges them. It is not good at all. If you go to a scene of violence, you should aim at the legs of the ring leaders of the trouble. Once the commander says stop, you return to your former position.

“Now there is no accountability and people do things anyhow they like and nobody cautions them. This is why things are getting worse more and more.”

Blaming the government for the conflict among security agencies in the country, Tsav said, “I blame the federal government for the rivalry among security operatives. Now, every security outfit wants to show the government that it is performing better than the other.

“It is the feeling of superiority and rivalry that is giving rise to this problem. “

Read more:https://www.dib.com.ng/2019/08/i-blame-nigerian-government-for-police-soldiers-rivalry-says-abubarkar-tsav.html

CC: Lalasticlala,Mynd44,Dominique

Re: I Blame Nigerian Government For Police, Soldiers Rivalry, Says Abubarkar Tsav by Olanireti(m): 7:33am On Aug 17, 2019
Blame game
Re: I Blame Nigerian Government For Police, Soldiers Rivalry, Says Abubarkar Tsav by DAutoDiagnosis: 7:36am On Aug 17, 2019
Sad, sad, i must say.

Nigeria is at its lowest

Must have diagnostic tool for every car owner: Get one today, and stop doing trial and error fixes. Infact, if you dont want, buy for your Kazeem/Chinedu/Ahmed

Check my signature

(1) (Reply)

You Are An Ingrate And Frankenstein Monster - Asari Dokubu Attacks Nnamdi KANU / Senator Araraume Makes Progress At Imo Election Tribunal As Ihedioha Opens Defen / IPOB Reveals True Destination Of Buhari, Vows To Arrest Nigerian Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.