Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,290 members, 7,822,433 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:12 AM

What’s Wrong With These Facking Kids? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What’s Wrong With These Facking Kids? (3195 Views)

20 Ways To Know That Something Is Wrong With You / Just Before You Feel Something Is Wrong With You. / What Is Wrong With This Boy Sef? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What’s Wrong With These Facking Kids? by Intrepid1(m): 5:19pm On Oct 21, 2010
I don’t know if it’s just me, but has anyone noticed that kids of nowadays are nothing like kids of 20 years ago? There is something fundamentally wrong with the psyche of the children of this generation. While I have not really sat down to analyse the situation, I am hoping this particular rant of mine will evoke some responses from you guys and maybe solve this dilemma that is presently bothering me.

I have stopped going to Silverbird Cinemas and the E-Center. Why? Because I have no intention of being paraded on ‘Crime-fighters’ and spending the rest of my life in Kiri-Kiri maximum prison for voluntary manslaughter or something worse! Have you noticed the horde of ‘juveniles’ who throng the fun spots day in, day out-punching the holy crap out of their blackberrys,(ask me what a 14 year old is doing with one, abeg?)chattering away in affected accents, gesticulating like gaylords (which I suspect most of them will grow up to be) and drama queens (which some of them already are) and generally making a right nuisance of themselves. I remember being in Silverbird one afternoon for something I can’t remember right now, I was walking on the corridor on the first floor when these two little punks stepped out of a shop and began walking towards me. Now, my dear parents taught me to always give my elders the right of way whenever the need arose but I don’t think the parents of these little pricks ever read that script. They kept on walking and one of them had the balls (probably hairless, if you’ll forgive the pun) to bump shoulders with me. I looked back at him in indignation and was thoroughly irritated to see the punks mean-mugging me back. They whispered something to each other and sniggered away, which strengthened my resolve to revenge their lack of discretion. I stalked them, circling round the floor until I came face to face with them again. The little punk who bumped into me was speaking into his cell phone when he looked up and saw me. He probably saw the sadistic glint in my eye and made to hang up the phone but it was too late, I closed the gap between us and ground the heel of my shoe into his big toe, twisting it as I lovingly sought to cause him as much grief as I could in as short a time as possible. Yes, I know there are bouncers at the Galleria but if you had waited for me to finish, I would have told you that I knew around three-quarters of their number as most of them come to a gym near where I live so I was confident my action was not going to result in my mug being rearranged!

Back to the issue at hand, The little punk opened his mouth to scream but no sound came out. He dropped his phone (pretty expensive looking, I might add) on the floor and clutched his foot in mortal agony. His ‘friend’ weighed the situation and came to the sharp conclusion that I had over 40kg over him and nearly two feet in height and his chances of coming out in a state close to being alive if I had cause to engage in physical combat with him were as slim as Yakubu Aiyegbeni ever winning the World Footballer of the Year award and so he dropped beside his friend and offered what little succour he could while I whistled a jaunty tune and walked away, pleased as a State Governor when the Federal Government releases the monthly revenue allocation.

Okay, okay, I digress, For some reason, I suspect the quality of audio-visual content these children are made to watch is partly the reason for their literal retardation. The quality of children’s programmes has dropped significantly ever since ‘Voltron’ was yanked off the air. Nowadays, kids have to make do with brain-damaging cartoons like ‘Ben 10’ and ‘Tele-tubbies’. I shudder to think of what I might have been if I was forced to grow up on these!

I was at a family function when one little punk (what is the female word?) of a cousin walked up to me. The last time I checked, I was older than the Paris Hilton wanna-be by at least 12 years, but it didn’t stop her from trying enthusiastically to spoil my day. Decked in a traditional outfit that her father must have physically forced her into wearing, lest she turned up for the party looking like a 2nd year prostitute, she was a study in teenage insanity as she flopped into an empty seat beside me without asking for permission first, chewing gum loudly and clutching a high-end Blackberry. I scowled deeply in the vain hope that she would get the message and go bother some other unlucky relative but she obviously didn’t get the message. ‘Oh dahleeeeeng!’ She crowed, sounding like a cross between a dying vulture and a Nigerian On-Air personality, ‘eets been aygeeees seence eye saw yoouuuu!’ (I translated that last sentence just the way she said it. But seeing how much torture she inflicted on me with that sentence, I will refrain from subjecting you to the same treatment.) I instantly went into ‘brain-dead’ mode and was blissfully unaware of whatever she might have said in the three minutes or so that she elected to torment my existence. I vaguely remember grunting absently after every third sentence she uttered until she got bored with me and picked some unlucky victim to excruciate.

Another IQ booster for me is the concept of caning, I think caning does a lot to improve a child’s reasoning power! In fact, I’ll give you the gist in the sequel, Stay tuned!

www.chimezieokonkwo..com

1 Like

Re: What’s Wrong With These Facking Kids? by invisible2(m): 11:36am On Oct 22, 2010
I like this scene and your funny descriptive analysis on those kids. I hope to add more fun to my own pages. Keep it up.
Re: What’s Wrong With These Facking Kids? by Intrepid1(m): 4:39pm On Oct 22, 2010
[color=#006600][/color]I like this scene and your funny descriptive analysis on those kids. I hope to add more fun to my own pages. Keep it up.

Thanks, Invisible!
Re: What’s Wrong With These Facking Kids? by nanaboi(m): 7:53pm On Nov 02, 2010
Now I know I'm not alone in the strañgle-an-ill-mannered-kid urge. If I shud start, it'll be with my cousin's stupid stubborn son.

Matter of fact, it's their parentz I get the most urge 2 suya-grill with my eyez 4 the [un-]trainiñg they dole out to this generation I'm unfortunate 2 share time with [, a generation Michael Jackson died in].

Great penniñg, Intrepid. Tight
Re: What’s Wrong With These Facking Kids? by kay9(m): 10:11am On Nov 03, 2010
@intrepid

grin grin grin why u dey diss Fatkubu Yakubu naw?

Nice piece, me likey.
Re: What’s Wrong With These Facking Kids? by oluite(f): 12:01pm On Nov 03, 2010
nice writing style.
@topic
Basically its the today parenting and not children fault.
Re: What’s Wrong With These Facking Kids? by Intrepid1(m): 12:49pm On Nov 04, 2010
Thanks for the compliments!
Re: What’s Wrong With These Facking Kids? by firestar(f): 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2010
Fast ripe, fast rot. Kids now, grow too fast! Way too fast.
Re: What’s Wrong With These Facking Kids? by bumajj: 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2010
I like your style. It's really awesome.

Now hear this.

I was walking along a line of blocks inside the estate, where I live. I had an appointment with someone I was sooo sure I'd meet at home. A very small boy (about six years old, by my estimation) was pointing a toy gun t me, and guess what, the mother and another woman were looking on with relish. I threw a nasty look at him, just that I didn't want to spoil my 'joyous' mood. Did that have an effect on him? Not quite sure. And as it turned out, I didn't meet the friend at home. I wasn't happy that I cut off some appointment just to keep this long-due one with him. Can't you imagine what I would have done to the small militant in the making, if he had pointed a gun (toy or real) t me on my way coming back from a failed appointment?

Let's try and keep our children off such nasty pastime, such as teaching them how to shoot a gun.
Re: What’s Wrong With These Facking Kids? by iice(f): 11:05am On Nov 23, 2010
lololol.

(1) (Reply)

Tears Of A Broken Heart-a Short Story / Freelance Article Writer / Download Free Mobile Maths Practice App (s40 Phones)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.