Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

What Can You Say About This? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can You Say About This? (172 Views)

Why You Should Beware Of The Kind Of Prayer You Say On December 31st / You Disobey Jesus Whenever You Say Someone Is Your Spiritual Father / What Does The Bible Have To Say About YAHOO YAHOO? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Can You Say About This? by Allsingles: 4:31pm On Aug 17, 2019
Jesus gave us the command: “Love each other in the same way I have loved you” (John 15:12). This can feel like a tall order when the day-to-day struggles of disability bring out careless responses and negative thoughts. When quarrels and judgments pile up and we lose sight of the love that Christ wants to display through us, we can feel powerless to control ourselves. Even the Apostle Paul experienced this: “I have discovered this principle of life—that when I want to do what is right, I inevitably do what is wrong” (Romans 7:21). But he goes on to encourage us to look to Jesus as the answer (Romans 7:25).

Jesus is the answer when we feel powerless over our emotions and unsure of how to love. His love and sacrifice is the measuring stick for ours. He commands us to lay down our lives in service to each other (John 15:13), putting others’ needs before our own. Jesus is the answer when we feel isolated as a result of disability and when the needs of others seem overwhelming. Jesus is the answer to swapping judgment, suspicion, and self-focus for unity, trust, and obedience. There is nothing more powerful than a couple that recognizes Jesus and invites him into their struggles, confident that he will help them to pattern their love after his.

Jesus taught that when we live this way, it reflects our intimate relationship with him. He said, “Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me” (John 15:15). As friends of Christ and heirs of God we have everything we need to live as he has commanded. When we invite Christ into our struggles, we begin to cultivate a deeper relationship with both him and our spouses. Christ helps us find joy that isn’t dependent on our changing circumstances, but rather on the love we possess within our hearts.
https://allsinglesandmarried..com

(1) (Reply)

What's Your Hope Of Christ's Coming ? / Faith Is The Most Precious Commodity. / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 29/08/19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.