Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

How To Know Someone Is About To Commit Suicide - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Know Someone Is About To Commit Suicide (157 Views)

Top 12 Offences Christians Commit In Church / The Religious Leader Who Convinced 909 People To Commit Suicide(photos, VIDEO) / Shatta Wale Will Commit Suicide – Prophet Charles Dady (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Know Someone Is About To Commit Suicide by TundeKorede: 8:42pm On Aug 17, 2019
Suicide is to purposefully take one’s own life out of misdirected self-love.

Statistically, there are roughly 29,000 successful suicides in the United States each year; compared to 19,000 murders and 13,000 AIDS related deaths.

Suicide has never been a solution to any problem. Rather, it makes whoever the deceased leaves behind to grief and mourn.

Honestly, there are suicidal behaviors to look out for in anyone who is on the verge of committing suicide. There are indications that a person is considering suicide.

And I’m writing this so that we can also help at reducing the rate at which suicide is committed in this country.

If you notice any of these signs, please seek help from professionals or spiritual leaders.

These are the suicidal signs/symptoms;

• Hopelessness

Acts 16:27
[27]And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and SEEING THE PRISON DOORS OPEN, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.

When the Philippian jailor woke up and could not find Paul and Silas. He lost hope and thought the next thing for him to do was to kill himself.

He lost hope immediately that he did not even bother to find them.

The first suicidal sign is hopelessness. Listen, when you get to a point where you have no hope. It’s a point you don’t believe that your tomorrow will be greater than today. Beware!

There is always light at the end of a tunnel. The Bible says, hope maketh not ashamed. The devil will try as much as possible to blind your eyes to golden opportunities that abound.

Any man who says he doesn’t hope things will be better is very close to committing suicide. We must try to help him.

One of the proofs of hopelessness is to give up. The jailor refused to find Paul and Silas. Therefore, he gave up.

So, when a man gives up trying, struggling and praying to make things better he is at risk for suicide.

Realistically, one will want to leave this world by killing himself/herself when he sees nothing good in this world.

Let’s look out for this sign in people who are very closed to us.

Hopelessness is the pregnancy that gives birth to suicide. To avoid suicide, be hopeful for a better tomorrow.

• Constant statement about suicide

1 Samuel 31:4
[4]Then said Saul unto his armourbearer, DRAW THY SWORD, AND THRUST ME THROUGH THEREWITH; lest these uncircumcised come and thrust me through, and abuse me. But his armourbearer would not; for he was sore afraid. THEREFORE SAUL TOOK A SWORD, AND FELL UPON IT.

In this story, Saul wanted to die and he told his armour bearer about it. He wanted to die and he made it known to someone who was closed to him at that moment.

Afterwards, King Saul ended up killing himself(suicide). So, it’s possible to know who is at risk for suicide by what they say.

Obviously, it is not everyone who wants to commit suicide that will talk about it.

However, there are some people who will talk about it before they commit it.

For instance, when your friend approaches you and begins to say; “I’ll kill myself someday.” Please, do not abandon such person.

You can refer him to someone who can help him.

Find out what his issues are and how you can be of help. Do not trivialise the issues of those who always say to you that; they are going to kill themselves someday.

I have heard of many stories from the friends of those who committed suicide.

Some of them once said that his friend told him he was going to commit suicide one day but he thought it was a joke. He laughed it off.

A day after, the man committed suicide and died.

Therefore, Whoever says to you he is going to commit suicide. Move closer to him and make sure you help him.

Read the remaining signs here @ http://www.tundekorede.com/how-to-know-someone-is-about-to-commit-suicide/

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Know My Sins Are Forgiven? / Cheapest International Exams Registration / The Sacrifice Of The Wicked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.