Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement (47687 Views)

PDP Reacts To Attack On Ekweremadu By IPOB In Germany / Memes: Reactions Of Nigerians About Beating Of Ekweremadu By IPOB In Germany / Photos Of Ike Ekweremadu, Attacked By IPOB Members In Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by festacman(m): 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2019
robinzaga:
[s][/s]

SHUT UP
I stand solidly by my opinion. Deal it!

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Nobody: 9:41pm On Aug 17, 2019
When BIAFRA COMES YOU ALL IGBO POLITICIANS WILL GO SEEK ASYLUM IN NORTHERN NIGERIA....

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Inteltower: 9:42pm On Aug 17, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:

He doesn't care about the attack he still has his 22 properties scattered around Nigeria,Dubai,USA and UK.

let's not envy another mans fortune especially when we don't know if it was made legitimately or illegally because na witches dey behave that way.

my problem with him was that he didn't do enough for Nigeria.. especially when the motion of state police was put forward. the Senate that time only started to look into it when their time was up to tell us say that they bluntly ignored a solution. if there was state police now, born won't be in this state its in
Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by kikake: 9:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
weezyk:
Former deputy senate president of Nigeria �� has released statement concerning his attack in Nurnberg, Germany ��.
Read Full Statement here :

I Was Attacked by IPOB in Germany

I attended the Second Annual Cultural Festival and Convention organised by Ndi-Igbo Germany in Nurnberg today where I was billed to give a keynote address along with the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, who, however could not make it eventually.

I was given a resounding welcome by Ndigbo in Germany and everything went smoothly until some men, who identified themselves as IPOB members stormed the venue and began to complain about the killings in the South East, stressing that there would be no Igbo event at the venue.

I tried to engage them, but when they became unruly, I had to leave the venue. The organisers also invited the police and I was accompanied out of the venue.

Much as I am disappointed in their conduct, especially as I am one of the persons, who have spoken up on justice for Ndigbo, the Python Dance, judicial killings in Igbo land and elsewhere both on the floor of the Senate and in my written and personal engagements with the Presidency as well as rallied the South East Senate Caucus to secure Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s release with Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe taking him on bail to douse tension in the South East, I nevertheless do not hold this to heart against them, for they know not what they do.

I have received thousands of solidarity calls and messages from well meaning Ndigbo and Nigerians. I want to assure them that I am hale and hearty. I have also spoken with the Nigerian Ambassador to Germany, Ambassador Yusuf Tuggar.

Source:https://whenhow24..com/2019/08/ike-ekweremadu-releases-statement.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBOrcMBF1gM

Your last statement about speaking with Nigeria's ambassador to Germany, Mr Yusuf Tuggar, spoilt your statement.

As the violence of Fulani herdsmen continues in Igbo land, Nigeria and its ambassador to Germany make no meaning to a good Igbo.

Therefore, your press release is binned.

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 17, 2019
Inteltower:

let's not envy another mans fortune especially when we don't know if it was made legitimately or illegally because na witches dey behave that way.

my problem with him was that he didn't do enough for Nigeria.. especially when the motion of state police was put forward. the Senate that time only started to look into it when their time was up to tell us say that they bluntly ignored a solution. if there was state police now, born won't be in this state its in
We know the source of wealth of our fantastically corrupt politicians.
Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Hypothalamus: 9:52pm On Aug 17, 2019
festacman:
An Igbo community in a foreign land, invites an Igbo elder, high chief, leading politican and a Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to an Igbo cultural event and then turn around to allow IPOB to disgrace him out of the event as though he was a SLAVE eavesdropping at a family meeting.

Stupid stuff from IPOB. The fact is that no struggle would go far without the elites and intellectuals like Senator Ekwerammadu signing on no matter the extent of suspicion and dissatisfaction with which you view them. This irresponsible act has locked them out. If there was ever any scratch of chance that IPOB would become a reality, this unnecessary act of violence has further diminished it.

Stupid stuff.

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Lovelive: 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2019
fk001:
Na Your brothers grin

Wait and see how confuse Nairaland igbos will start insulting this man, thesame man that they were hailing yesterday will become their enemy today.

Confused beings.

IPOB are terrorists they are hostile blood sucking demons their heart is filled with hatred and envy. There is no difference between IPOB and radical religion extremists, their hatred towards humanity is thesame.

Who b dis?
I know you ate sthg ystday and today but if I may ask did ur cousins and uncles eat as well ?

U r an hypocrite. U r truly cursed.

#copied

Update: Fulani men are raping our women and you are here celebrating- IPOB members speak on why Ike Ekweremadu was attacked.

IPOB members have explained why they attacked former deputy senate president at a function in Nurnberg, Germany today Saturday August 17th.

In a video shared by Radio Biafra, the aggrieved Biafrans say they are against their leaders celebrating New Yam festival in Germany when their indigenes back home are being killed, raped and attacked by Fulani herdsmen.

According to one of the aggrieved man he said i will be here, am not afraid of police ,the will be no celebration here.

''They are killing your people and you are here celebrating yam festival. They are killing your people, raping your women, Fulani, and you are here you want to celebrate Yam. God will punish all of you'' 0ne of the aggrieved Biafrans said" ..

@ COPIED

2 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 9:55pm On Aug 17, 2019
[s]
Meliian:

Abegi. Ipob this that, let's know when to call a spade a spade. For the first time I'm proud to say igbo amaka. That's how our politicians should be beaten. None of them ought to be spared.
[/s]

Endless pasting of copied nonsense is not allowed on this f0rum.

Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Rapmoney(m): 9:56pm On Aug 17, 2019
MobilityExpress:
Boko Haram was like a lizard and then Northern politicians took it up and fed and nurtured it to use as a weapon against the rest of Nigeria until it became a giant dragon spitting fire that they cannot control anymore, that is eating them up too, not just others alone. Same way IPOB was a baby dinosaur, then Southeast politicians took IPOB with the aim of using it as a weapon against the rest of Nigeria and fed it so much till IPOB has become a giant tyrannosaurus they cannot control again, and it's eating them up now, not just others alone. The North Central is currently feeding the Shiites, the Southwest is feeding Agberos, the Southsouth is feeding cultists and militants, and Buhari government is feeding fulani herdsmen. Kontinu oh, just know the monster you're feeding and nurturing to destroy others will be the same monster that will eat and destroy you and yours too. Make una dey shit dey go on top this country, when soakaway full, every tenant go smell am. Na dat time una go know say every tribe na tenant for this country, na God be landlord.
You are a political ignoramus! You know nothing about what you claim you know. Book of Proverbs says "He who answereth a matter before he heareth it, is not wise".

2 Likes

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by kikake: 9:59pm On Aug 17, 2019
MobilityExpress:
Boko Haram was like a lizard and then Northern politicians took it up and fed and nurtured it to use as a weapon against the rest of Nigeria until it became a giant dragon spitting fire that they cannot control anymore, that is eating them up too, not just others alone. Same way IPOB was a baby dinosaur, then Southeast politicians took IPOB with the aim of using it as a weapon against the rest of Nigeria and fed it so much till IPOB has become a giant tyrannosaurus they cannot control again, and it's eating them up now, not just others alone. The North Central is currently feeding the Shiites, the Southwest is feeding Agberos, the Southsouth is feeding cultists and militants, and Buhari government is feeding fulani herdsmen. Kontinu oh, just know the monster you're feeding and nurturing to destroy others will be the same monster that will eat and destroy you and yours too. Make una dey shit dey go on top this country, when soakaway full, every tenant go smell am. Na dat time una go know say every tribe na tenant for this country, na God be landlord.

See preacher.
Don't think that Igbos are like you who clutch tight to a sinking ship because the ship contains valuables; you obstruct escape for others who want to escape the sinking ship.

Which tribe is one Nigeria working well for?
Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by deji17: 10:01pm On Aug 17, 2019
Zico5:
I think they are ringing it to him that enough is enough. Give way for others to rule, Senate is not ur father's property. Live and let others live. If not sorry is your name. If our leaders can continue to experience such treatment, soon normalcy will come to our polity.
But they just voted him in again few months ago. What changed ?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by KenModi(m): 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2019
fk001:
Na Your brothers grin

Wait and see how confuse Nairaland igbos will start insulting this man, thesame man that they were hailing yesterday will become their enemy today.

Confused beings.

IPOB are terrorists they are hostile blood sucking demons their heart is filled with hatred and envy. There is no difference between IPOB and radical religion extremists, their hatred towards humanity is thesame.

You do know you didn’t say anything meaningful right?
Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Meliian(f): 10:03pm On Aug 17, 2019
KanuJEWSarePIGS:
[s][/s]

Endless pasting of copied nonsense is not allowed on this f0rum.

Thank you.

What nonsense is this one saying?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by femolii: 10:05pm On Aug 17, 2019
His dressings self contribute to the beating because nigeria symbol is on the dress.
Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by gidgiddy: 10:05pm On Aug 17, 2019
MobilityExpress:

What you are saying is not true. Boko haram, led by late Dikko Yusuf, started as an unarmed group who wanted some sort of Islamic state. Rather than government to engage them, they sent in the security forces, captured Yusuf and many of his followers and summarily executed them, thinking that would be the end of Boko haram. Shekau took over and hundreds of thousands of people have died in a 10 year battle with them.

Nnamdi Kanu started Radio Biafra as far back as 2009, slowly built up a following. When he came back in 2015, the government arrested him. Despite 2 court judgements for his release, they still kept him behind bars. When his followers protested that injustice, again, the security forces had no qualms killing hundreds of them, unarmed people.

Hundreds of unarmed Shiites have been killed by the security forces. Many have been killed while protesting for the release of their leader.

What is happening isnt about politicians, it's about government not being able to manage civil protest. It's about insensitive government that thinks everything is solved by force of arms.

I have no doubt in my mind that had government killed either El Zakzaky or Kanu when they sent Soldiers to both men's houses, some members of both groups would have taken up arms to do exactly what Boko haram is now doing.

What we can.learn from all this is that Nigeria has failed
Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Yujin(m): 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2019
kikake:

See preacher.
Don't think that Igbos are like you who clutch tight to a sinking ship because the ship contains valuables; you obstruct escape for others who want to escape the sinking ship.

Which tribe is one Nigeria working well for?

They are witches and wizards. They don't want to live well and still won't want to leave others to live well. This is why I call them demons. Nigeria will never be well. Their kids will curse them for doing the wrong things when they could have done the right one. See how disgraceful Nigeria is yet they couldn't push for revolution if they truly love Nigeria. Biafra will come some day to their greatest dismay.
To the topic, One Ekweremadu is one SE senator I respect but insensitivity to time is a conspicuous blunder. I didn't expect him to honour the New Yam festival while the uncircumcised herdsmen are having a field day in our land. Nnia Nwodo seemed to have applied discretion here hence his absence. Shame on our elites who gloss over these attacks. If the tears of a single Biafran occasioned by the brutality from this evil contraption doesn't prick your heart then you are useless to us. Real leaders sacrifice for their people. That's how respect is gotten. Ekweremadu, sorry but no sorry! I know you got the message despite your previous support for Ndigbo. Our message is that your alertness seem to be fading. Wake up! I wish there was another better way to communicate the extent of our passion. "Onuru ube nwanne agbana oso".
Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by seborrhic: 10:09pm On Aug 17, 2019
Earlystar698:
tumb up ipob
Imagine if it is Joe igbokwe
I doubt that one can even dare step foot outside Nigeria.I know some people would be waiting for him whenever he steps foot outside the shores of Nigeria to teach him some bitter lessons.
Him also knowing how accursed he is,would try as much as possible to play his visits outside Nigeria on a very low key,particularly now with the kind of treatment Ekweremadu received.
But having filled a lot of people with disgust,I believe some people maybe tracking his every travel itinerary outside Nigeria to give him a proper dose of their minds.

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Guide777(m): 10:10pm On Aug 17, 2019
MobilityExpress:
True talk.
Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by KanuJEWSarePIGS: 10:11pm On Aug 17, 2019
[s]
Meliian:

What nonsense is this one saying?
[/s]

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by kenzo25(m): 10:13pm On Aug 17, 2019
Ipob will soon beat Kanu
Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by ItsMeAboki(m): 10:17pm On Aug 17, 2019
Shildren of hate showing their talent........abeg, wet in concern me? After all na dog eat dog.
Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Oritsewhandey(m): 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2019
SUPERPACK:
go and sit down my friend. rubbish and ingredients.
I wished your comment followed history. Until IPOB realises they can NEVER achieve their Biafra nation WITHOUT support of high cadre politicians.

Late Ojukwu started by calling intelligentsia Igbos. When Kanu was to be bailed, THE CONDITION STATED A HIGH PROFILE POLITICIAN OR MINISTER.

Did those foolish Igbos at Alaba market or Aba meet up to that standard?

Think.

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Nobody: 10:23pm On Aug 17, 2019
weezyk:
Former deputy senate president of Nigeria �� has released statement concerning his attack in Nurnberg, Germany ��.
Read Full Statement here :

I Was Attacked by IPOB in Germany

I attended the Second Annual Cultural Festival and Convention organised by Ndi-Igbo Germany in Nurnberg today where I was billed to give a keynote address along with the President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief Nnia Nwodo, who, however could not make it eventually.

I was given a resounding welcome by Ndigbo in Germany and everything went smoothly until some men, who identified themselves as IPOB members stormed the venue and began to complain about the killings in the South East, stressing that there would be no Igbo event at the venue.

I tried to engage them, but when they became unruly, I had to leave the venue. The organisers also invited the police and I was accompanied out of the venue.

Much as I am disappointed in their conduct, especially as I am one of the persons, who have spoken up on justice for Ndigbo, the Python Dance, judicial killings in Igbo land and elsewhere both on the floor of the Senate and in my written and personal engagements with the Presidency as well as rallied the South East Senate Caucus to secure Mazi Nnamdi Kanu’s release with Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe taking him on bail to douse tension in the South East, I nevertheless do not hold this to heart against them, for they know not what they do.

I have received thousands of solidarity calls and messages from well meaning Ndigbo and Nigerians. I want to assure them that I am hale and hearty. I have also spoken with the Nigerian Ambassador to Germany, Ambassador Yusuf Tuggar.

Source:https://whenhow24..com/2019/08/ike-ekweremadu-releases-statement.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBOrcMBF1gM
When does he plan on leaving the senate. His he the only educated person in his constituency.
He should emulate Mr. Ben Murray Bruce who was urged by his party stake holders to contest again for the senatorial seat of his constituency but decided to retire from the senate because his kins men met with him and told him that they had an agreement to rotate the constituency he was representing .He retired because he has a good conscience.
This one that they have beaten up today maybe he wants to be a life time senator.
He is a greedy man.
Wikipedia Search
Ike Ekweremadu
Ike Ekweremadu is a Nigerian politician and lawyer from Enugu State who has served in the Senate of Nigeria since May 2003. He is a member of the People's Democratic Party and was the Deputy President of the Nigerian Senate for three consecutive periods.
This fact shows clearly that by by the end of his second tenure in 2023 he would have stayed in the senate for **TWO DECADES ** =2O YEARS

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Oritsewhandey(m): 10:24pm On Aug 17, 2019
SUPERPACK:
go and sit down my friend. rubbish and ingredients.
I wished your comment followed history. Until IPOB realises they can NEVER achieve their Biafra nation WITHOUT support of high cadre politicians.

Late Ojukwu started by calling intelligentsia Igbos. When Kanu was to be bailed, THE CONDITIONS STATED A HIGH PROFILE POLITICIAN OR MINISTER.

Did those foolish Igbos at Alaba market or Aba meet up to that standard?

Think.
Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Kahujadekadura: 10:33pm On Aug 17, 2019
StOla:
Very soon, IPOB will give all its sympathizers a reason to wail in agony, like Ikweremadu has been disgraced like a robber caught by SARS.

This is what terrorist sympathizers do not understand. A terrorist mob does not believe in human rights, despite that they daily cry to the UN and ICC that their rights are being trampled.

If you are a terrorist sympathizer like Nnia Nwodo, Ekweremadu and Abaribe, learn from the disgrace they have received from the same IPOB/Kanu they defended.
Mt man tell me one place dat Ekweremmadu sympathize wit IPOB.
D prob of u Yoruba's is dat u think dat IPOB is PDP agent.
Better wise up
Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by SilasNwude: 10:35pm On Aug 17, 2019
[s]
Pvssy:
grin grin grin

Dem beat am well

What you supported has come for you
[/s]
tongue
Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by Chukwurah003: 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2019
seborrhic:

Solidarity calls indeed.
You went to a truly democratic country and enlightened people saw you for who you are and protested against you as freedom so demands.
Next time stay in Nigeria and pay hungry souls N2k to sing your praises.

Enlightened violent souls. Enlightened indeed.

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by toprealman: 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2019
festacman:
An Igbo community in a foreign land, invites an Igbo elder, high chief, leading politican and a Senate of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to an Igbo cultural event and then turn around to allow IPOB to disgrace him out of the event as though he was a SLAVE eavesdropping at a family meeting.

Stupid stuff from IPOB. The fact is that no struggle would go far without the elites and intellectuals like Senator Ekwerammadu signing on no matter the extent of suspicion and dissatisfaction with which you view them. This irresponsible act has locked them out. If there was ever any scratch of chance that IPOB would become a reality, this unnecessary act of violence has further diminished it.

Stupid stuff.
Such a stupid post man

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by festacman(m): 11:17pm On Aug 17, 2019
toprealman:
Such a stupid post man
Coming from an ignorant balloonhead like you, it is no surprise.

1 Like

Re: I Was Attacked By IPOB In Germany - Ike Ekweremadu Releases Statement by permit(m): 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2019
StOla:
Very soon, IPOB will give all its sympathizers a reason to wail in agony, like Ikweremadu has been disgraced like a robber caught by SARS.

This is what terrorist sympathizers do not understand. A terrorist mob does not believe in human rights, despite that they daily cry to the UN and ICC that their rights are being trampled.

If you are a terrorist sympathizer like Nnia Nwodo, Ekweremadu and Abaribe, learn from the disgrace they have received from the same IPOB/Kanu they defended.
I spite on your skull embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari To Make Nationwide Broadcast Tonight At 7pm / Benue Lawmakers Climb Fence To Stop Impeachment Plot Against Ortom (VIDEO) / Tinubu Slams Ambode: "Ship Of Lagos State Was Heading In The Wrong Direction"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.