Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,261 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:39 PM

Check Out The Famous Letter Chief Obafemi Awolowo Wrote For A Loan - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Check Out The Famous Letter Chief Obafemi Awolowo Wrote For A Loan (255 Views)

Someone Wrote His 2022 Resolution On The Rail Line (photo) / The Evergreen Legacies Of Chief Obafemi Awolowo As Premier Of Western Region / 300L Student Of Obafemi Awolowo University Is Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Check Out The Famous Letter Chief Obafemi Awolowo Wrote For A Loan by Ejem84: 3:33am On Aug 18, 2019
Dear Mr Odutola,
I think it will be an exceeding saving of time and more business-like if I avoid all sweet preliminaries and go straight into the object of this letter and say that I am writing to ask you to be good enough to lend me a sum of £1,400 (One thousand and four hundred pounds) free of interest for twelve years.
It is a staggering figure! More staggering indeed does it become, when it is realized that I, who am asking for this loan, have nothing in all the world to give as a security for this money, excepting my good faith and my brains which again are of value only so long as I continue to breathe the breath of life!
Nevertheless, I here proceed to outline in brief why I want this big loan from you. And I hope you will be kind enough to sacrifice some time to go through what I have to say, even though, in the end, you might find yourself unable to do me this grand favour.
One great ambition of mine since my boyhood days is to be a lawyer, a politician and a journalist rolled into one. I cherish politics and journalism as a career, and I desire advocacy as a means of livelihood.

(1) (Reply)

How I Saved Money On My 20k Salary / Pictorial Illustration Of Dominance In South China Sea / Why You Need A Sanitary Ball Valve

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.