Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,221 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu (9619 Views)

Ibijoke, Sanwo-Olu's Wife Says Hospital Elevator Accident Was A Spiritual Attack / Police Weep Over Killing Of 2 DPOs, Officer’s Beheading, Burning Of 11 Stations / Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu, Oluremi Hamzat Dressed In Girl Guides Uniform (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by akelicious(m): 4:47am On Aug 18, 2019
The Wife of the Governor of Lagos State, Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu, says she weeps over women plights and marginalisation not only in Nigeria but in the entire Africa.

Sanwo-Olu expressed the concern on Saturday at a one-day seminar and inauguration of the Lagos State Chapter of SHE COOPS Nigeria, an international NGO for women empowerment and participation in cooperatives.

The News Agency Agency of Nigeria reports that the NGO was initiated in the state by Dr Appolonia Eke, the Executive Director, Amazing Care Foundation, who is also the state coordinator of SHE COOPS.

Sanwo-Olu was represented at the event by Mrs Roseline Idimogu, the wife of a Lagos State lawmaker, Mr Jude Idimogu, representing Oshodi-Isolo II.

She said that women must be empowered for the society to move forward.

” I have seen the plights of women especially the underprivileged ones; if you go to the remote areas, you will see what women are going through.

“When we go to some parts of Africa, where women are going through serious marganisation, I weep.

“The specie, called woman, has passed through torture by humanity, and being a woman, I feel like I have to contribute to improve their lot.

“They are a unique set of people, who when armed with skills and abilities, can change the world. I will like to see every woman in Nigeria have a voice,” Sanwo-Olu said.

Sanwo-Olu called for education of the girl-child and other women, saying their education would reduce poverty in the country.

She described women as a pillar of the home and society, hence the need to give attention to their empowerment.

Mrs Grace Adeola, the Country Programme Manager of SHE COOPS, said that the motive of the inauguration was to build a better world for every woman.

Adeola urged women “to come together as a cooperative “.

She called for massive empowerment of women to bring real change to the world.

According to her, when women are developed, enlightened and trained, families, societies and the world at large will be better.

She said that the major challenge of women empowerment remained funding for skills acquisition.

She said that the NGO had sought for funds internationally from those whose goals and ambitions were to develop women.

In a goodwill message, the Lagos State Coordinator of SHE COOPS, Eze, said that the hidden treasures in most women had not been discovered because the society had yet to encourage them enough to exhibit what they had.

“I dream of a Nigeria where a woman will be a leader, I dream of a Nigeria where 45 per cent of women will occupy the parliament, I dream of a Nigeria where we would have 35 per cent of professionals being women.

“From my dealings with women of low, middle and high classes, I got to know that women are unique species and agent of change.

“If they are empowered, the whole nation is empowered. There are many hindering factors debarring women access to empowerments; that gap is SHE COOPs is out to bridge,” she said.

Eke commended the Lagos Government’s investment in women empowerment programmes over the years.

The Kano State SHE COOPS Coordinator, Mrs Grace Jokayemi, urged women not to be liability but asset to the society in order to make impact, saying that the NGO was out to provide them with basic empowerments.

NAN reports that women numbering about 2,000 were divided into 85 groups to showcase skills in the production of several items which included spices, liquid soap, purses, plantain chips and bags.

Others are yam flour, plantain floor, beads, cream, bean flour, bread, custard, snacks, bleach, coconut milk, detergents, activated coconut charcoal, antiseptic, pop-corn, coconut oil, fruit juice, perfume and organic beauty soap.

https://www.akelicious.net/i-weep-over-women-marginalisation-dr-ibijoke-sanwo-olu/

1 Share

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by Nbote(m): 5:41am On Aug 18, 2019
Stop weeping and do something now U are in a position to do something about it in ur own little way..

17 Likes

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by Nbote(m): 5:46am On Aug 18, 2019
[quote author=opalu post=81354517][/quote]
Oga what is invictus about dis thread? Stop spamming threads by over flogging d issue.
Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by Kiezodumah(m): 5:46am On Aug 18, 2019
I rather weep for lagosians cos you, ur husband ,his croonies and god father will so loot Lagos dry .She is only trying to divert our attention

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by GeneralPula: 5:52am On Aug 18, 2019
Make she keep shat jare!! In the olden days during the reign of western Germany, Rome empire & so on women hardly rule. The women wey reign that time nah either as princess, Queen & so on. Power isn’t a child’s play, definitely not what majority of women can handle. A woman that is born to rule will definitely rule, men don’t usually stop them!

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:58am On Aug 18, 2019
NAN reports that women numbering about 2,000 were divided into 85 groups to showcase skills in the production of several items which included spices, liquid soap, purses, plantain chips and bags.
Others are yam flour, plantain floor, beads, cream, bean flour, bread, custard, snacks, bleach, coconut milk, detergents, activated coconut charcoal, antiseptic, pop-corn, coconut oil, fruit juice, perfume and organic beauty soap.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by bigeliot(m): 6:11am On Aug 18, 2019
Who b dis again? Pls pls pls we have better problems to face.

5 Likes

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by illiteratepmb: 6:15am On Aug 18, 2019
Crocodile tears

1 Like

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by olu77(m): 6:27am On Aug 18, 2019
Marginalized to za other room. Weep no more. I believe that women have power and men only have authority. It's fair enough.

3 Likes

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by heckymaicon(m): 6:28am On Aug 18, 2019
[quote author= post=81354699][/quote]

Get a life bro. It's better late than never
Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by chachanga: 6:41am On Aug 18, 2019
Who voted in the current women in power, foreigners or Nigerians?

Is it not the same Nigerian women who'd usually vote in men and guys over fellow women except where stipulations are sacrosanct and specifications explicit?

Women should cease being their sisters' killers while blaming men for every little one of their phuck-ups pls.

3 Likes

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by decatalyst(m): 6:52am On Aug 18, 2019
Where is the picture or I don't believe it!

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by tollyboy5(m): 6:52am On Aug 18, 2019
is not your fault nau. undecided your husband don be gofnor. chance to form rubbish
Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by Profkenny1(m): 6:56am On Aug 18, 2019
You saw the plights of underprivileged women, what of plights of underprivileged men?? Men are far more oppressed by the society than women. Men have no one to cry to when oppressed hence the rate of suicide in men is four times that of women.

The specie called man has also being faced with challenges that helped him in helping the woman to survive on this cold planet.

Caring about empowering women while forgetting about men is detrimental to the development of the society.

Caring about the girl child while ignoring the boy child will lead to a dysfunctional society.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by traihit: 7:03am On Aug 18, 2019
Profkenny1:
You saw the plights of underprivileged women, what of plights of underprivileged men?? Men are far more oppressed by the society than women. Men have no one to cry to when oppressed hence the rate of suicide in men is four times that of women.

The specie called man has also being faced with challenges that helped him in helping the woman to survive on this cold planet.

Caring about empowering women while forgetting about men is detrimental to the development of the society.

Caring about the girl child while ignoring the boy child will lead to a dysfunctional society.

You wrote as if you read it from my mind! I'm tired of people shouting girl-child, marginalization and those similar terms. What about thousands of homeless uneducated boys on the road who have no one to care for them, no activist to invent a mantra to help them, no foundation to secure their future. Yet, the number of thugs and kidnappers are increasing.
I'm an advocate of education for both genders but when we weigh the consequences of illiteracy for the two genders, it's more terrible for the boys than the girls because a lot of social nuisance and political thuggery today is caused by these illiterate folks. So let them tell us something else. We've already seen what women can do in power.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by wordcat(m): 7:05am On Aug 18, 2019
They immediately becomes women advocates once their husbands become governors or lawmakers, has this one ever done anything about women empowerment before?

4 Likes

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:14am On Aug 18, 2019
GeneralPula:
Make she keep shat jare!! In the olden days during the reign of western Germany, Rome empire & so on women hardly rule. The women wey reign that time nah either as princess, Queen & so on. Power isn’t a child’s play, definitely not what majority of women can handle. A woman that is born to rule will definitely rule, men don’t usually stop them!
grin grin grin grin grin Government of dreams and talk talk!!!

1 Like

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by Rubbiish(m): 7:16am On Aug 18, 2019
Nonsense!
Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by Wiseandtrue(f): 7:16am On Aug 18, 2019
akelicious:
“I dream of a Nigeria where a woman will be a leader, I dream of a Nigeria where 45 per cent of women will occupy the parliament, I dream of a Nigeria where we would have 35 per cent of professionals being women.
https://www.akelicious.net/i-weep-over-women-marginalisation-dr-ibijoke-sanwo-olu/
Government of dreams and talk talk!!!
Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by utenwuson: 7:23am On Aug 18, 2019
But the reporter already marginalized you na, calling u sanwu olu instead of your own name.... If not for your husband who even know u......

4 Likes

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by omoadeleye(m): 7:25am On Aug 18, 2019
No be your fault na, when you are also holding first lady office which is illegal you can also talk... Mumu womna

2 Likes

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 18, 2019
Not this girl child rubbish again.
I've never seen any woman who has been able to tell me how the girl child is oppressed.
Society has never supported and protected men the way it has protected women.
If a man and a woman are in a fight, police lawyers and passers-by automatically support the woman even before hearing what happened. Is there anywhere in the world where men have that kind of privilege and support?
Majority of schools in Nigeria have at least 60% girls and 40% boys.
What the fucck is this girl child rubbish?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by Stillthebest: 7:40am On Aug 18, 2019
kiss

Women are always known selfish ones both in the home fronts and public spaces.

When a man is married he takes up the responsibilities of both himself, the kids, running of a home and that of the woman totally. Even during weddings, a man must take care of certain things relating to the woman personally apart from the bills that would come from her family.

A man have se.x with a woman, cu.m in her, be on top to do the jerking, still gives her money to take care of herself... Who really needs Milk and maltina here...eeh eeh?

People talk about how women are the real deals In children's lives. But quick to forget sacrifices men take too.. A man can come home last night with the last 5k, and a child comes to him in the morning for school bills of #4500. A father gives the Child the money.. meanwhile,he had planned to fuel his car with 2k prior... Can he now?

At home, a woman will prefer to come back and ask for her #1000 she added to the groceries money because what u gave her isnt enough. Imagine! Won't she or her kids eat from it? This n more.

This has transcended. A man impregnates a woman, takes care of the resultant kids from day one to securing Jobs for them after versities, what next... "A ti gbe baba rele"(the man died) leaving the woman to reap the fruit of his labours

In a public office, a man takes up the responsibilities of both men and women, old and young. But their wives create special programs for women empowerment and girl child alone. Starting NGOs relating to women alone, supporting only woman... So men should leave the Earth for them Abi?

Society hasn't been fair to men and boys. Women are to be pampered, but they are already misusing the opportunities. Sometimes, I want to attribute their issues to lack of self esteem. Let them too think out of the box and have all encompass programs once they have the forum to do so.. being a first lady doesn't mean the wife of a governor should be liable to women alone. Or aren't their husbands not first man too?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by SilasNwude: 7:44am On Aug 18, 2019
[s]
GeneralPula:
[/s]
Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by GeneralPula: 8:01am On Aug 18, 2019
Wiseandtrue:

grin grin grin grin grin Government of dreams and talk talk!!!

Lol haha & women nko?
Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by lilytender: 8:02am On Aug 18, 2019
Kiezodumah:
I rather weep for lagosians cos you, ur husband ,his croonies and god father will so loot Lagos dry .She is only trying to divert our attention

And you will not weep for Biafra where thousands if not millions of your men are in the prisons all over the world for drug trafficking, several have been executed for drug trafficking in some Asia countries. Several of your ladies are prostitutes all over the world, Anambra state people in Italy just complained last week that your ladies are the major group of prostitutes in Italy.

But, you will not weep for your people who seriously need spiritual cleansing from drug trafficking, armed robbery, kidnapping, prostitution, fake drugs manufacturing, e.t.c. No Yoruba matter you carry for head the same way you carry Gala and LaCasera for head for holdup
Re: I Weep Over Women Marginalisation - Dr Ibijoke Sanwo-olu by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:04am On Aug 18, 2019
GeneralPula:

Lol haha & women nko?
Politrickcians are one and the same jawe

Some are only fairer that the others!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

States Bank On PPP Projects As Cash Crunch Bites Harder / Kanye West Creates New Bible, Replaces Every Mention Of God With 'Kanye' (Pix) / Subsidy Removal: Our Pains Are Temporary – FG To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.