Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Latest From Whatsapp. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Latest From Whatsapp. (167 Views)

Export Chats From Whatsapp To Telegram Contact Or Group With Chat History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Latest From Whatsapp. by CREIMEXAD: 8:14am On Aug 18, 2019
LATEST FROM WHATSAPP.

By Emma Ebare.

To start with, I guess most people already know some recent developments from WhatsApp, viz:

(1) To maintain the privacy and intimacy within WhatsApp, they now limit how you can forward a message. When you forward a message, you can only forward it to maximum of 5 chats at one time.

(2) When you forward a message to another user, an arrow icon + the inscription "forwarded", are shown at the top of the message to indicate that it is a forwarded message.

But now, if you've updated your WhatsApp app very recently - that is, to any of the most recent versions of the leading messaging service, here's the latest:
According to WhatsApp customer service, "When a message is forwarded from one user to another user
more than 5 times, this is indicated with a double arrow icon."

Let me explain it more plainly:
When a message is forwarded to more than 5 chats or forwarded more than 5 times, that arrow icon which in recent times, now shows at the top of forwarded messages, will be a DOUBLE ARROW icon (still along with the inscription "forwarded" ).
So as it is, the sight of a double arrow icon at the top of a message on WhatsApp (+ the inscription "forwarded" ) indicates that it was forwarded more than 5 times or to more than 5 chats.

NB:
However, according to WhatsApp, "The number of times a message has been forwarded is end-to-end encrypted." To explain, though it will now be known that you have forwarded that message more than 5 times, but the exact number of times you have forwarded the message remains private and known by only you and the recipient(s), and that privacy and the info that's known only between sender and recipient is what is referred to as "end-to-end encryption."

I hope you find this short drop useful and informative. Thank you for reading.

Written by Emma Ebare.
www.twitter.com/@EmmaEbare

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2355092051379515&id=1676599925895401

(1) (Reply)

Notting Hill Carnival 2019: All You Need To Know About London’s Biggest Street P / Ikono Council Boss Receives Award As Most Media-friendly Chairman In A'ibom / Nairalanders Help Me Get Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.