Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Compiler And Os Design Project. - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Compiler And Os Design Project. (1231 Views)

Java online compiler for swing programs / Pls Help, Website For C/c++ Compiler Free Download Windows 7 / Facebook Releases A Php Just-in-time Compiler (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compiler And Os Design Project. by laconicus7: 10:37pm On Jan 18, 2006
I figure, that in order for we Nigerians to create a niche for ourselves we need to get into high end computing. For example new languages like perl or open GL can be learnt by downloading a tutorial online. I think we need to sit down and figure what do companies (esp. Fortune 500 companies) want. Provide the services and go from there. Working capital can be easily solicited with the right dose of motivation. I also contend that we start writing compilers and our own Operating systems however small. So i am using this forum to look for serious minded developers that will be ready to go through the painstaking ordeal of dealing with the possibility of failure of a software startup. But most importantly nothing like the typical software startup we have in Nigeria today. Link me back if you agree and lets begin brainstorming. Nothing wrong in trying, i guess.
Re: Compiler And Os Design Project. by Seun(m): 10:48pm On Jan 18, 2006
Technically, these are very interesting projects and in the past I have been tempted to attempt them.

Economically, it's a waste of time to set out to design a compiler or an Operating System. If you can take your talent and use it to develop something useful and a little bit unique, you will make more money and satisfy more people.

When you have made a lot of money, you can take that money and use it to satisfy your craving for difficult technical challenges, but for now we have a free OS (Linux) and free compilers and Interpreters (GCC, PHP) that can easily be applied to various interesting problems that need to be solved.

Let's talk. I'm impressed that you're even thinking in this direction. Put up a website, start a blog: let's learn more about you!
Re: Compiler And Os Design Project. by IG: 8:58pm On May 01, 2006
I think that's a good idea.
But when developing the OS we can build it on top of the linux kernel instead of re-inventing the wheel.
As for the compiler we can target an existing platform (java or dotNET). Imagine coding in VB but compiling to java bytecode.
Re: Compiler And Os Design Project. by Makavelis(m): 2:39pm On May 03, 2006
;-)
Re: Compiler And Os Design Project. by Ogisosoft(m): 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2006
coolmy man, u said abt an os that is a idea ride on dont be discourge, but remenber to be backing up ur codes. good luck, am into vertical/customised software programming.
Re: Compiler And Os Design Project. by stannesi(m): 8:35pm On Sep 24, 2006
hey dudes,
u talkin about sometin about a OS, i'm not actually in all dose stuffs, but i'm in, and lets create sometin unique, exmaple why ain't we thinkin in d diretion of "Robotis" but well i'm in, i'm actuall a vb programmer but, hey i'm learnin others,
holla back, lets share ideas,
if possible, u can even come up it a kinda server, dat we can telnet to, so share ideas, and codes stuff grin

(1) (Reply)

Netbeans Php Project / Ruby On Rails/javascript App For Learning Japanese Characters / Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning And Related

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.