Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,279 members, 7,836,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:30 AM

Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead (57107 Views)

Prince Anthony Obaseki Is Dead / Obaseki Lauds Osimhen Over Marc-vivien Foe Award / Austin Ejide's Sister, Ijeoma Ejide Is Dead (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Chukalemon(m): 10:44pm On Aug 18, 2019
I thought it to be the current governor of edo state, not knowing that there is other obaseki.but why the sudden death in the nigerian football.first it was stephen keshi and next it was amodu shaibu----- r.i.p pal obaseki. embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2019
Only in Nigeria i do read news of people demise with date of birth of age. Media and blogger ona do well.

Anyway, RIP sir.
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by somehow: 12:10am On Aug 19, 2019
Eeya, rest in peace, sir. I think he was the one that used to sponsor the NPL with his own money then. gives out money to the winner of the league at a time.

He's the uncle to the current governor of Edo state.

But why he come fine wella, unlike his nephew?

RIP sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by somehow: 12:11am On Aug 19, 2019
He's the uncle to the current governor.
Chukalemon:
I thought it to be the current governor of edo state, not knowing that there is other obaseki.but why the sudden death in the nigerian football.first it was stephen keshi and next it was amodu shaibu----- r.i.p pal obaseki. embarassed embarassed embarassed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Famocious(m): 12:21am On Aug 19, 2019
May the soul of High chief Oyuiki Jackson-Obaseki rest in peace and the Lord comfort the family he left behind
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by bewla(m): 12:45am On Aug 19, 2019
bandol:
Why you come write just Obaseki.... undecided
To get ur attention
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Nobody: 1:11am On Aug 19, 2019
Rip sir
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by WeRblessed(f): 1:11am On Aug 19, 2019
Rest in peace papa!

Our journalists need some improvement.

At least let people know how old he was and how many relatives he is survived by.
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Pasima(m): 1:18am On Aug 19, 2019
Me too
richmind2019:
All this bloggers sef
I was thinking it was edo state governor
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Born2Breed(f): 5:44am On Aug 19, 2019
Epa RIP.
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by naptu2: 6:27am On Aug 19, 2019
naptu2:
Owners, chairmen and general managers

Chief Israel Adebajo (Stationery Stores), Chief Lekan Salami (IICC Shooting Stars), Chief Daniel Idama (Julius Berger), Chief MKO Abiola (Abiola Babes), Chief Jim Nwobodo (Rangers International), Mr John Mastoroudes (Leventis United), Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu (Iwuanyanwu Nationale), Alhaji Grema Mohammed (Grema Babes), Chief Oyuki Obaseki (Bendel Insurance), etc.

Much later (much much later)

Chief Oscar Udoji (Udoji United), Chief Adewale Teluwo (Vigilance Insurance Professionals [VIP], later Obanta United) , Chief Jude Ezechukwu (Jasper United), Chief Igbinowahia Ekhosuehi (previously owned Bendel Insurance, then bought Bendel United after he was forced to sell his shares in Insurance), etc.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Nobody: 6:36am On Aug 19, 2019
Sorry
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by middlebelter(m): 8:37am On Aug 19, 2019
Joystark:
Damn!
For a second there I thought it was the real Obaseki.

Not like there's a fake one.

R.I.P sir.

Your thought is dirty. Obaseki is not only a popular name is Edo/Benin kingdom, but a well known name in Nigeria. This man was more popular than the Governor at a time, indeed Gaius Obaseki a former powerful GMD of NNPC was another powerful Obaseki. So, when bloggers or press mentioned Obaseki, don't be o
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by gregyboy(m): 9:06am On Aug 19, 2019
Auhh bloggers they got people on this one

Nigeria bad see as dem dey wait make edo governor die
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by SaintChukz(m): 9:11am On Aug 19, 2019
Joystark:
Damn!
For a second there I thought it was the real Obaseki.

Not like there's a fake one.

R.I.P sir.

Do you know the Obasekis are actually one family?
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Joystark(f): 9:14am On Aug 19, 2019
SaintChukz:

Do you know the Obasekis are actually one family?

Eh eh?
But someone just quoted me now saying there are several Obaseki's in Edo
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Joystark(f): 9:16am On Aug 19, 2019
middlebelter:

Your thought is dirty. Obaseki is not only a popular name is Edo/Benin kingdom, but a well known name in Nigeria. This man was more popular than the Governor at a time, indeed Gaius Obaseki a former powerful GMD of NNPC was another powerful Obaseki. So, when bloggers or press mentioned Obaseki, don't be o

But the one I thought about is the one we know at the moment.

Those ones you mentioned may have been known at some point.

Why do you think the OP used the surname alone before going on to modify it?
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by SaintChukz(m): 9:21am On Aug 19, 2019
Joystark:

Eh eh?
But someone just quoted me now saying there are several Obaseki's in Edo

They are a very large Family. The late Chief Obaseki is also related to Governor Obaseki. So there is nothing like real or fake here. If you bear that name and you're from Edo. People immediately know where you hail from. The Obasekis are all kins and close to royalty in the Benin Kingdom. Their ancient family house is just a stone throw from the palace of the Oba of Benin.

Are you by any chance from Edo State?
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by SaintChukz(m): 9:25am On Aug 19, 2019
Joystark:

I think you need to learn a thing or two about popular family names in Nigeria.
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by SaintChukz(m): 9:32am On Aug 19, 2019
gregyboy:
Auhh bloggers they got people on this one

Nigeria bad see as dem dey wait make edo governor die

The blogger was just plain stupid for not clarifying which of the Obaseki in the headline.
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Joystark(f): 9:38am On Aug 19, 2019
SaintChukz:

They are a very large Family. The late Chief Obaseki is also related to Governor Obaseki. So there is nothing like real or fake here. If you bear that name and you're from Edo. People immediately know where you hail from. The Obasekis are all kins and close to royalty in the Benin Kingdom. Their ancient family house is just a stone throw from the palace of the Oba of Benin.

Are you by chance from Edo State?

If I were from Edo, if know these things you're saying nau
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Joystark(f): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2019
SaintChukz:

I think you need to learn a thing or two about popular family names in Nigeria.

You don't even get me.
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by SaintChukz(m): 10:37am On Aug 19, 2019
Joystark:

You don't even get me.

Well if you'd passed the message with clarity I'd get it!
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by SaintChukz(m): 10:39am On Aug 19, 2019
Joystark:

If I were from Edo, if know these things you're saying nau

Not surprised, obviously the reason you made it clear from your comments.
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by somehow: 10:57am On Aug 19, 2019
Joystark:

The one You know (not we) based on your limited knowledge.

The current governor is the smallest of them all that are very popular.

Before he was governor, he was less popular

There are obasekis in almost all aspects of the Nigerian story

1 Like

Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Joystark(f): 11:02am On Aug 19, 2019
somehow:

The one You know (not we) based on your limited knowledge.

The current governor is the smallest of them all that are very popular.

Before he was governor, he was less popular

There are obasekis in almost all aspects of the Nigerian story

Well my knowledge may be limited... but we learn everyday.
So, noted.
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by somehow: 11:07am On Aug 19, 2019
Joystark:

Well my knowledge may be limited... but we learn everyday. So, noted.
Alright.
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Joystark(f): 11:14am On Aug 19, 2019
SaintChukz:

Well if you'd passed the message with clarity I'd get it!

Okay so I'm saying...
The headline is sensationalized.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the first person that will come to anyone's mind, upon seeing that name, in 2019 is the Governor...

The OP knows this, reason he opted for the surname alone, without the first name at first... For traffic.

Look how many people mistook the name for the Governor's up there. Maybe you know because, you have prior knowledge of other prominent Obaseki's, well I don't.... And I'm sure I'm not the only one.
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by SaintChukz(m): 1:19pm On Aug 19, 2019
Joystark:

Okay so I'm saying...
The headline is sensationalized.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the first person that will come to anyone's mind, upon seeing that name, in 2019 is the Governor...

The OP knows this, reason he opted for the surname alone, without the first name at first... For traffic.

Look how many people mistook the name for the Governor's up there. Maybe you know because, you have prior knowledge of other prominent Obaseki's, well I don't.... And I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Brilliant...now I get your point. No you're not wrong. Even I would have thought same at first if I was just skimming through the headlines alone. But further probing would then clear my doubt. I think the simple reason some writers choose this stupid technique of sensationalizing their stories is to use it as click bait.

True/False?

PS: I see you have the appellation Stark in your moniker, you're probably a fan of the show. If we were to cite the GOT analogy. You see the name Obaseki - anyone bearing the name in the Old Benin Kingdom will be regarded as high born in our relative modern day.
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by Joystark(f): 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2019
SaintChukz:

Brilliant...now I get your point. No you're not wrong. Even I would have thought same at first if I was just skimming through the headlines alone. But further probing would then clear my doubt. I think the simple reason some writers choose this stupid technique of sensationalizing their stories is to use it as click bait.

True/False?

PS: I see you have the appellation Stark in your moniker, you're probably a fan of the show. If we were to cite the GOT analogy. You see the name Obaseki - anyone bearing the name in the Old Benin Kingdom will be regarded as high born in our relative modern day.

Lol. Understood... We are on the same page now.

You sound very articulate... Please how much is your groom price?.
Re: Osayuki Obaseki Is Dead by SaintChukz(m): 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2019
Joystark:

Lol. Understood... We are on the same page now.

You sound very articulate... Please how much is your groom price?.

You'd be amazed at the modest cost. But if you're up for it, we can chat more via DM. wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Liverpool Star Mo Salah In Tears After Horror Head Injury Vs Newcastle (Photos) / Sergio Aguero: Why I Fainted During Nigeria Vs Argentina Game / Nigerians Expelled From Senegal Stadium For Displaying Biafra Flags

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.