Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,234 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:11 AM

Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) (74490 Views)

AFDB President Akinwunmi Adesina Celebrates 39th Wedding Anniversary / Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi's House: Where Man Who Designed Nigeria's Flag Lives / The Rise And Fall Of Akinwunmi Ambode. By Kayode Ogundamisi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by MrFly(m): 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
Buhari no good abi? Wailers how market!
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by Handsomebb: 8:16pm On Aug 18, 2019
Quarter to go that's when dey remembered him.......Nigeria shaaaaa why not 40years ago? If I were God I would make the man live for 50 more years.
But well at least it's better late than never. Hmmmm
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by Nobody: 8:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
Thank God dey remember d man o
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by grandstar(m): 8:17pm On Aug 18, 2019
Please, I beg all Igbos to warn Chief Ndubuisi Nzenweofor that if he loves his life, truly loves his life, he must never attempt to travel to Germany. Please I beg all of you who loves this man. that he should not even contemplate the idea.

I won't state why but your guess is as good as mine. A word, or the 2 paragraphs here is enough for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by Ikpongiton: 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2019
scammers.they know that ,the man is not going to last long again.
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by DannyCool1: 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2019
Dunkofia20:
Hmmmmmm no body is talking now because is igbo man that did this good to this man now ask yourself this questions how many good things like this has yoruba or hausa do to igbos expect wickedness or tribalism
Mention one.. Ojukwu??
Lmaaaooo... una no get anybody, sorry!!
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by jimyjames(m): 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2019
Neddstark:

What will you say about Japan's flag, a white background and a red dot.
That red dot is not just a dot but the sun
The sun plays an important role in Japanese mythology and religion as the Emperor is said to be the direct descendant of the sun goddess
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by cckalima: 8:23pm On Aug 18, 2019
Good this Man was honoured but this flag has outlived it's use. Designed when agriculture was the main stay of Nigeria economy. I have a new design now that crude oil is the main stay. Black Red white. Black for the crude oil, red for the blood of those killed and would still be killed for the crude then white for the cattle of the Fulani herdsmen. Hope I too will be honoured someday for this flag. grin grin
Officialgarri:
Afonja always making nigeria proud. He deserves it. He made Nigeria.

But

What about the biafran flag designer cry
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by cooltola(m): 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
I do not like the flag color. I never did since when i was a kid, it looks boring.
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by yaki84: 8:26pm On Aug 18, 2019
Officialgarri:

But

U no read say na biafran wan dey feed am till him die?
Biafran rescuing afonja since time immemorial
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by dalass(f): 8:28pm On Aug 18, 2019
owukpa:
Taiwo Akinkunmi: Designer of Nigeria’s flag honoured in Abuja, placed on N500k monthly salary for life

Pa. Michael Taiwo Akinkunmi OFR, the designer of Nigeria's national flag, commonly called "Mr. Flag Man" was on Saturday honoured in Abuja for his contribution to Nigeria.

The elder statesman, who clocked 83 last May, was also placed on N500k monthly stipend for life by the Nzenweofor Group at the just concluded maiden edition of the LACLIC GOLDEN HEROES AWARD held at the Ladi Kwali Hall, Sheraton Hotel Abuja.

Speaking during the well-attended event, Chief Ndubuisi Nzenweofor, the CEO of the Nzenweofor Group, said the award was put together to honour Nigerians who have laboured to put the country on the world map.

“Just like we sing in the first stanza of our National Anthem that the labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain, this is one of the ways to ensure that the sacrifices they made for this country are not in vain.

“Pa. Akinkunmi is a perfect example of one of the heroes and this is one of the ways to honour them. We have so many of them around the country, dead and alive and we must honour them in their graves,” he said.

[url]WWW.IDOMAVOICE.COM[/url] gathered that the Nzenweofor Group had paid two months salary upfront for Pa. Akinkunmi’s upkeep.

The also decried the fact that no street in Abuja has been named after the national hero.

Just last week, the Nzenweofor Group also donated 500 bags of rice and N3m cash to wives of late military personnel, under the umbrella of Military Widows Association (MIWA).

Mrs. Veronica Aloko, who is the National President of the group, confirmed receipt of the items.

The event was witnessed by top politicians, entertainers and many Nigerians including minister designate and former Deputy Governor of Plateau State, Dame Pauline Tallen, Alh Danladi Pasali, the National Coordinator Buhari Campaign Organization.

Others were Nollywood stars, Ramsey Noah, Zack Orji, Ejike Asiegbu, Segun Arinze, Francis Ordega and host of others.

Here are pictures from the event.

source>>>http://www.idomavoice.com/2019/08/taiwo-akinkunmi-designer-of-nigerias-flag-honoured-in-abuja-placed-on-n500k-monthly-salary-for-life.html

L

Good if actually implemented
Long overdue

wink
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by gotnel: 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2019
Congratulations to Pa Akinkunmi. This is the way towards more people getting more patriotic.
I congratulate the group that makes this happene.
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by Awe4luv(m): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2019
trust me...they won't pay that money as at when due...ask npower...
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by jimyjames(m): 8:30pm On Aug 18, 2019
Almaiga:

The Biafran flag designer still dey swim inside Potopoto. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
The biafran flag was designed by a Jamaican pan-afracan activist Marcus Garvey
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by smileyoo: 8:32pm On Aug 18, 2019
i was about to commend d fg b4 i realised, its a private initiative 4rm a patriotic citizen. i wish d old man long life.
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by Emkingz: 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2019
Hope he won't have issues accessing the money. Because Nigeria has their own factors. Thereby leading the man to an early grave after raising his hopes.
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by Officialgarri: 8:33pm On Aug 18, 2019
Freeman59:

If nairaland can admit idiots like you to comment on this forum then why can't they allow the boy?

Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by Asour: 8:34pm On Aug 18, 2019
ahahnow:

The original flag is interesting. What does the red sun signify? What is the story behind it and why was it removed

Eons ago, I observed that Countries that have the color Red on their flags Majorly secured Independence most through violent struggle.

This doesn't not mean ALL countries with Red fought violently for their Independence o. It just means a vast majority of them with red did. Just my observation.

I Could well be wrong though.
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by censeakay(m): 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2019
Officialgarri:
How would they allowe this kind of boy in

*I mean with this hairstyle*
Are u still a kid
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by madgoat(m): 8:35pm On Aug 18, 2019
Officialgarri:

But

grin Biafran flag wey be like blanket
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by crownzade(m): 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
At this Age? My God !

God owns his life , for how long will he collect this life pension?

My prayer is that, May we all receive our due entitlements at the prime of our ages in Jesus name.
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by Shinjitsu: 8:36pm On Aug 18, 2019
Taiwo Akinwunmi Designed ZOO Flag

Lol
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by seunmohmoh(f): 8:37pm On Aug 18, 2019
SamOyovwi:
I think flag should be redesigned. It's too simple. See US flag
BLACK BLACK BLACK should be the flag for a failed nation like this.
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by Ikpongiton: 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2019
[quote author=bro4u post=81374764]Since you guys didn't place him on monthly salary ooo... It's now that his life is just remaining one bar. well sha better late than never.[/quote don't mind the scammers
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by COMPAQ(m): 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2019
Whilst I don't mean any disrespect for the man, we need to stop being sentimental about such things in this country. Okay so he designed a very simple three rectangular, 2 colour flag for Nigeria. And so what really? Its not like he invented a rocket or split atoms or some other type achievement that benefited humanity.

To be honest to ourselves, there is nothing significant or monumental about that flag design.

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by gnaftalee(m): 8:39pm On Aug 18, 2019
I don’t trust this group , the award and the promise .... something doesn’t feel right about it ....
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by Almaiga: 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2019
jimyjames:

The biafran flag was designed by a Jamaican pan-afracan activist Marcus Garvey

Whoever designed it just wasted his time, cause Nigeria will never give Biafrans Independence. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by gregyboy(m): 8:41pm On Aug 18, 2019
The flag cast 500k is too much ...govt wasting unnecessary found and the youth will aplaud for this
Simply give the man basic needs and pay him 50k a month or are they looking for way to loot the alawee again....

1 Like

Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by deavicky(m): 8:42pm On Aug 18, 2019
APCCCC because una know say the man go soon die. What happened to the previous years.
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by Shinjitsu: 8:43pm On Aug 18, 2019
Countries that have the color Red on their flags Majorly secured Independence most through violent struggle.

Only the strong wins and cowards with out red on their flag are cowards

American

England

Germany

France

Russia

Japan

China

Biafra

oduduwa cowards republic won't and will never have red on its useless and foolish flag

Cowards gives birth to cowards lol
Re: Taiwo Akinwunmi Placed On N500k Monthly Salary For Life (Designed Nigeria Flag) by UltimatedeBest(m): 8:45pm On Aug 18, 2019
We would think of how to reward d IPOB flag designer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lockdown: Osagie Ehanire, Chikwe Ihekweazu Meet Buhari (Photos) / Asari Dokubo And His Children (photos) / Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki, Ekweremadu, Dogara's Salaries In A Tabular Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.