Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,134 members, 7,825,557 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? (677 Views)

Airtel's Staff Steals N2.2m With Subscriber's Phone Number / Airtel's Staff Steals N2.2m With Subscriber's Phone Number / Looking For A Commercial Loan Of 2M Payable Over 24months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by Jetland(m): 7:00pm On Aug 18, 2019
I want to get a loan of 2m wih 20% interest from my cousin, but I want to know if the interest rate is not too high. And if it's too high, what rate is reasonable? I just want to use the loan for my business.

Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Re: Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by Odinacious: 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2019
Too high
Re: Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by Tomide007: 10:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
Its good, don't let people deceive you, banks will charge u more. if it is for a business with good returns go for it ....you can get a big lower than that , but it is rare in naija.
Re: Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by stenlydxlite(m): 11:30pm On Aug 18, 2019
Very good.... Pls which company is giving out such rate. Help my life i need loan(beta loan)
Re: Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by Jetland(m): 7:51am On Aug 19, 2019
Thanks guys for your impute
Re: Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by bluntjudge: 8:02am On Aug 19, 2019
What is the duration of the loan?
Re: Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by pocohantas(f): 9:16am On Aug 19, 2019
What is the loan's tenor?

What is the repayment plan?

Are you paying back principal + interest at the end of the stipulated period?

While banks charge higher, I think soft loans should be easier on the individual involved. 20% is on the high side for me. Except you are using it as working capital for a very established high-returns business.

2 Likes

Re: Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by agarawu23(m): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2019
Jetland:
Thanks guys for your impute
whats the duration and payment plan?
Re: Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by Jetland(m): 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2019
pocohantas:
What is the loan's tenor?

What is the repayment plan?

Are you paying back principal + interest at the end of the stipulated period?

While banks charge higher, I think soft loans should be easier on the individual involved. 20% is on the high side for me. Except you are using it as working capital for a very established high-returns business.
Thanks for your contribution.

About repayment plan; the duration is either 6 or 12months (He asked me choose between 6 and 12months). And I will pay both the capital and the interest at the end of the agreed period.

But I later talked to him this morning to slash the rate to 18% 'cause it's too high, and he agreed. Do you think it's advisable for me to take it at the 18% interest rate with the above repayment plan?
Re: Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by Jetland(m): 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2019
agarawu23:
whats the duration and payment plan?
Thanks bro.

Please check me reply above
Re: Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by agarawu23(m): 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2019
Jetland:

About repayment plan; the duration is either 6 or 12months (He asked me choose between 6 and 12months). And I will pay both the capital and the interest at the end of the agreed period.

But I later talked to him this morning to slash the rate 'cause it's too high, and he agreed. Do you think it's advisable for me to take it at the 18% interest rate with the above repayment plan?

grab that loan, he is doing you a favor.

1 Like

Re: Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by Jetland(m): 5:01pm On Aug 19, 2019
agarawu23:
grab that loan, he is doing you a favor.
You mean am?
Re: Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by pocohantas(f): 5:36pm On Aug 19, 2019
Jetland:

But I later talked to him this morning to slash the rate to 18% 'cause it's too high, and he agreed. Do you think it's advisable for me to take it at the 18% interest rate with the above repayment plan?

18%/p.a is an excellent rate and the arrangement is fine too.

N180000 if tenor is 6mths
N360000 if it is 12mths

That is very advisable to take. Just ensure you have a personal repayment plan/target. That way you are not under pressure upon expiration of the loan.
Re: Is A Laon Of 2m With 20% Simple Interest Rate Reasonable? by NairalandAngel(m): 6:36pm On Aug 19, 2019
Jetland:
I want to get a loan of 2m wih 20% interest from my cousin, but I want to know if the interest rate is not too high. And if it's too high, what rate is reasonable? I just want to use the loan for my business.

Your advice will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I think the rate is very good...

Go ahead and take it but be sure to have a good repayment plan.

I hope it's not for the purpose of investing in a new business otherwise you would put yourself under a lot of pressure

(1) (Reply)

Flutterwave - A New Wave Of Innovative Payment Processing / Sell Your Bitcoin To The Most Trusted Dealer In Africa & Avoid Scam!!! / What You Should Know About Muhammed M. Nami, FIRS New Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.