Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Sap/oracle Vs Other Financial Software Providers - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Sap/oracle Vs Other Financial Software Providers (2180 Views)

Who Are The Best Internet Service Providers In Port Harcourt? / Etisalat Modem Vs Other Network Modems / Configure your Microsoft Outlook to read Gmail and other email providers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sap/oracle Vs Other Financial Software Providers by waledy(m): 12:31am On Oct 22, 2010
I am new to this forum and I am currently doing a research on ERP/Financial Software Systems in Nigeria. I am hoping members of this forun might be able to help with the following questions:

1. Is there a market for other Financial Software Providers in Nigeria apart from SAP and Oracle?
2. Does anyone have any statistics on the number of SAP and Oracle Implementations in comparison to other Software providers for Nigeria
3. Does anyone have a list of Major/Large organisations or even SME's (in Nigeria) and the type of Financial softwares they currently use.
Thanks.
Re: Sap/oracle Vs Other Financial Software Providers by Nobody: 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2010
yes there are other financial software developed by Nigeria Company. the name of the software is HTS FINANCIALS.
it is a robust software with close to 15 modules.and can stand in competion with any other financial software around the globe.

The software was main developed considering all company policies. It was deloped such that it has the flexibility to cater for new polices (BUSINESS RULES). Infact about 6 multiNational company in Nigeria are currently using this software.

It was built on work flow processing where an operation can be triggered by a low level staff, then forwarded to a top offical to either Approve or reject.

It has the following modules :
1. Fleet Management
2. General Ledger
3. HR
4. Asset Management
5. Projects
6. Document Management. (e.c.t.)

if you need more information about this software you can call me on 07033696601 or visit www.hightechsynergy.com
Re: Sap/oracle Vs Other Financial Software Providers by digitcom: 4:15pm On Dec 09, 2010
SAP vs Oracle
Today, the customer wants a trusted innovator and they are standardizing their business processes on proven platforms, platforms that are well integrated and global. The number one competitive advantage for SAP over a company like Oracle is integration.
Oracle has acquired all their growth, unfortunately for the customer, none of that has been integrated on a common platform; SAP has acquired all of its growth through an organic growth strategy.
SAP design application from the ground up to be integrated across business processes, end to end and this is done in 26 distinctly different industries.
For example, if you are in the consumer product business and you want to implement in order to cash business process, you know that SAP designed that with engineering in mind, from end to end and is ready to run out of the box.
Sadly, for companies like oracle, they have to interface different applications and deal with very complex implementations, because none of that have been engineered by design and they may be different pieces of different acquisitions all in the same solution and customers really have to navigate through that. This is very costly and risky for the customer. That is why Oracle continues to loose market share as in relates to an SAP.

(1) (Reply)

Which Website Can I Use To Download Money? / Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Or Macbook Air / Apple I Mac System For Sale Or Swap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.