Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Mind Your Tax Affairs: Withholding Tax (WHT) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mind Your Tax Affairs: Withholding Tax (WHT) (276 Views)

What Are My Chances If I Sue A Bank For Withholding My 2k? / The Difference Between Withholding Tax And Value Added Tax / EFCC Recovers N27.7b From Six Banks For Withholding Tax (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mind Your Tax Affairs: Withholding Tax (WHT) by innerkonsult12: 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2019
Withholding tax is an advance payment of income tax – Companies Income Tax (CIT) and Personal Income Tax (PIT). Withholding tax is deducted at source when payments are made to companies or individuals. Tax withheld from payments to a company or an individual is a tax credit or withholding tax credit, which is used to reduce the tax liability of a company or an individual when the final tax liability is determined.
Payments to companies exempted from income tax are not liable to withholding tax deductions. Tax withheld from payments to companies not exempted from income tax are paid to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS). Tax withheld from payments made to individuals or individuals trading as business name, ventures or enterprises – legal firms, accounting firms, partnerships, etc., are paid to the Tax Authority of the State where they reside. Transactions liable to withholding tax deductions include payments for contracts, professional fees, consultancy fee, directors fee, management fee, legal fee, commission, royalty, rent, interest and dividend. The due date for filing withholding tax returns is on or before the 21st day of every month. The penalty for non-compliance is 10% of amount not withheld or not remitted plus interest at the commercial lending rate.

Source: insight

(1) (Reply)

Build A Professional Business Website Today With 30k Only. / Stone Coated Roofing Tiles / What Can I Do To Make Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.