Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,804 members, 7,866,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:51 AM

6-3-3-4 System: Is It The Cause Of Drop In Education Standard - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6-3-3-4 System: Is It The Cause Of Drop In Education Standard (1271 Views)

FG Dumps 9-3-4 For 1-6-3-3-4 Educational Structure / Nigeria Adopts - 1 6 3 3 4 Education System / 6-9-3 Universal Basic Education (UBE) Scheme To Replace 6-3-3-4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

6-3-3-4 System: Is It The Cause Of Drop In Education Standard by modupea: 10:29am On Oct 22, 2010
President Jonathan said about three weeks ago that the system, 6-3-3-4, was the cause of drop in education standard. And yester, the government said they will revert to the old system, 6-5-4.

My question is was that what caused the drop or the insensitivity of the government towards education and their selfish interest.

They send their kids to schools abroad, I will be surprised if any minister or top government personnel children are schooling in this country.

There are no motivation for the teachers, they are poorly paid, no books in the library, no equipment in the labs and we are blaming a system that added a year to the one previously used in secondary school.

This is my opinion but will like to know what you think.
Re: 6-3-3-4 System: Is It The Cause Of Drop In Education Standard by OmoTier1(m): 11:40am On Oct 22, 2010
modupea:

President Jonathan said about three weeks ago that the system, 6-3-3-4, was the cause of drop in education standard. And yester, the government said they will revert to the old system, 6-5-4.

My question is was that what caused the drop or the insensitivity of the government towards education and their selfish interest.

They send their kids to schools abroad, I will be surprised if any minister or top government personnel children are schooling in this country.

There are no motivation for the teachers, they are poorly paid, no books in the library, no equipment in the labs and we are blaming a system that added a year to the one previously used in secondary school.

This is my opinion but will like to know what you think.
While I agree with some of the points you have raised, I think by and large,if you look at the 6-3-3-4 and 6-5-4 systems in the light of a formative/developmental pattern of Nigerian child, it is obvious that the 6-5-4 system isthe best approach. Lets no forget, the conditions of some schools and the pay of teachers in some states of the federation has improved by somewhat 30% and alot is still being doneto better the situation. In my own candid opinion, the system should be changed to 6-5-4 bearing in mind the formative/developmental pattern of the Nigerian child.

(1) (Reply)

Fedpolyoko / UK Commonwealth Scholarships 227 Positions / Federal Scholarship Board Pay Scholars After 2years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.