Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,092 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu (933 Views)

Anambra Election 2021: Gov. Obiano Begs Anambraians To Come Out As He Votes In H / Ekweremadu: Why Age Limit For Senate, Governorship Were Retained / 2023 Presidency: APC Dangles Carrot At Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by mrakeli62: 8:33am On Aug 20, 2019
The Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano has appealed to Igbos to be cautious over what happened in Germany, describing it as a little family misunderstanding that calls for meeting of minds rather than escalating the dust raised by the incident through careless speeches, including those, according to him, calling for “shoot at Sight” of IPOB members.

Speaking to the press after the signing of a Memorandum-of Understanding with Transmission Company of Nigeria for the building of massive transmission infrastructure in Anambra State at the Executive Chambers of Anambra State Government House yesterday, Obiano requested Sen. Ike Ekweremadu to forgive IPOB members as a carling father readily forgives his misguided and sometimes stupid children.

Obiano who went on to apologise to Sen. Ike Ekweremadu over what he suffered, reminded IPOB members that they were acting illegally having been proscribed by the Nigerian government as a terrorist group. Obiano said that though people like him had since had a re-think about the proscription, but that the recent Germany incident which showed IPOB’s true colours appears to justify the proscription. Obiano said the unrepentant speeches coming from IPOB members betrayed them as a “bunch of irresponsible and misguided youths” in search of direction. “In such a case, what do we do? Leave them to live with their stupidity or guide them as a father guides sons we call ‘efulefus’ in Igbo land?”

Describing the threat to stop some categories of people from travelling, Obiano said the mere thought of that was madness since it was against the universally recognised human rights of freedom of movement. “With their mind set, if you give them Biafra today, the country will certainly turn into a vast prison house,” Obiano cautioned, while calling for continued support for President Mohammadu Buhari as the best gift God has given to Nigeria in recent times..

Obiano who confessed to have known, hosted and interacted with IPOB Leader, Mr. Nnmadi Kanu said: “I have hosted him in Aguleri and I recall we had fruitful discussion. Kanu is an intelligent young man who, I must concede to him, hates injustice, but we disagreed on the manner he is pursuing it. “

https://www.akelicious.net/forgive-ipob-obiano-begs-ekweremadu/

Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by hisexcellency34: 8:36am On Aug 20, 2019
What's this bleaching drunkard saying? Try and go Germany nah

2 Likes

Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by Ferdinandu(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2019
Guyman no need forgiving them so soon . They said you are next please
Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 20, 2019
My Governor has spoken
Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by Biafrannuke: 8:51am On Aug 20, 2019
Drunken master
Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:53am On Aug 20, 2019
They don't need his forgiveness.
Obiano should be concerned about him self...l
Anyway for now Mr Governor avoid diaspora.
Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 20, 2019
Obiano who confessed to have known, hosted and interacted with IPOB Leader, Mr. Nnmadi Kanu said: “I have hosted him in Aguleri and I recall we had fruitful discussion. Kanu is an intelligent young man who, I must concede to him, hates injustice, but we disagreed on the manner he is pursuing it. “

How is he pursuing that Mr Governor...
Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by nabiz(m): 8:57am On Aug 20, 2019
The only place I read in the write-up is

"Kanu is an intelligent young man who, I must concede to him, hates injustice, but we disagreed on the manner he is pursuing it“

Obiano please can you suggest to us the right way of fighting against this injustice you politicians have given to Nigeria citizens
Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 20, 2019
nabiz:

"Kanu is an intelligent young man who, I must concede to him, hates injustice, but we disagreed on the manner he is pursuing it“

Obino please can you suggest to us the right way of fighting against this injustice you politicians have given to Nigeria citizens

Obiano not obino
Kedu udi mkpari di ifa....
Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by sapele914(m): 9:10am On Aug 20, 2019
nabiz:

Obino please can you suggest to us the right way of fighting against this injustice you politicians have given to Nigeria citizens
Pot calling cattle black,so these is justice for a man that helped this ungrateful ipob messiah secure temporary freedom?

In all honesty you people are the cause of Nigeria's problems,right from when your ancestors were thought a serious lesson that you still haven't forgotten from 67-70.
Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by Inteltower: 9:29am On Aug 20, 2019
calling what ipob did stupidity

weren't you SE governors stupid by calling on Buhari to proscribe an unarmed group. they push for a motion for a referendum but you will ignore it, carry out peaceful protest as their universal right but will get killed by the police but lives have been lost, all you people will do is to condemn, & yet you expect them to sit back, engage in meaningless dialogue..without resorting to violence as their last instrument that has rattled you all.
Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by jlinkd78(m): 9:36am On Aug 20, 2019
Obiano is next
Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by nabiz(m): 9:40am On Aug 20, 2019
sapele914:
Pot calling cattle black,so these is justice for a man that helped this ungrateful ipob messiah secure temporary freedom?

In all honesty you people are the cause of Nigeria's problems,right from when your ancestors were thought a serious lesson that you still haven't forgotten from 67-70.
it is either you did not read with your glasses or you don't understand the language I use. I pleaded with better idea to stop this injustice in Nigeria and not biafra. Or is there no injustice in Nigeria. Mkpi every original igbo man will never forget 1967 and 1970, possibly this time around I will be the one to remind you the year 2022 instead of you reminding me the year 1967 and 1970. Thanks for reminding me
Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by nabiz(m): 9:47am On Aug 20, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Obiano not obino
Kedu udi mkpari di ifa....
biko gbahara. Iwe ewela gi. Obu igwe ekwe ntim kpatara ya.Agbanwegom ya
Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by JonDon12: 9:01pm On Aug 20, 2019
nabiz:

Obiano please can you suggest to us the right way of fighting against this injustice you politicians have given to Nigeria citizens

You might not always win fighting fire with fire.
Re: Forgive IPOB, Obiano Begs Ekweremadu by ChristianEast: 9:56pm On Aug 20, 2019
Patronizing MNK will not save you. Go Germany mumu

(1) (Reply)

Massive Crowd Greets Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin As He Visits London / Dino Melaye's Return To Senate Vs Fans' Backlash / Fulani Herdsman To Pay 500k Fine If They Kill Anyone In Anambra State - Obiano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.