Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,119 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 01:15 AM

People Thought I Would Be Last President Of Nigeria – Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / People Thought I Would Be Last President Of Nigeria – Obasanjo (321 Views)

Why The Igbos Will Always Be Ahead Of Other Tribes In Nigeria – Obasanjo / Why Igbo's Are Ahead Of Other Tribes In Nigeria, Obasanjo Speaks / Tax Defaulters In Nigeria: Obasanjo, Davido, Omisore, Others Top 19,000 List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Thought I Would Be Last President Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by 0gaGist: 2:18am On Aug 21, 2019
Former President, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo, has claimed people told him he would be the last president of Nigeria.

Obasanjo said this in Abeokuta while addressing some youths and students from select schools in the State at a Youths Governance Dialogue organized by the Youth Development Centre, an arm of the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library.

According to him, the state of the nation was really bad at the time, but that since Nigeria came out as one, he is now “an incurable optimist” about the country.

Obasanjo, who cited examples of how he turned around the country when it was in a comatose during the 1970 civil war and during the regime of late Muritala Muhammed in 1975, said, many Nigerians had lost hope then but that Nigerians’ hopes were brought back by his regime.

He said, “Having run the affairs of Nigeria as a Military Head of State when some people felt there was virtually no hope about Nigeria and we turned it around.

“And having taken care of Nigeria when I came out of the Prison when some people told me that I will be the last President of Nigeria, because, after me, there will be no Nigeria again, because, the situation was so bad. I have come to have tremendous hope in Nigeria, belief and optimism. So, I am an incurable optimist about Nigeria”.

He, therefore, advised thus; “don’t lose hope, the situation is bad. The current situation is bad. I don’t need to tell you that, but, I can see the light beyond the tunnel. There is a light beyond the tunnel”.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/people-thought-i-would-be-last-president-of-nigeria-obasanjo

Re: People Thought I Would Be Last President Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by 0gaGist: 2:20am On Aug 21, 2019
kiss
Re: People Thought I Would Be Last President Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by Restoresp: 3:21am On Aug 21, 2019
Until a political office holder starts earning minimum wage, Nigeria will not move forward. Most politicians are involved in dirty deals because of immunity.
Re: People Thought I Would Be Last President Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by Kingpee2(m): 3:25am On Aug 21, 2019
I wish you were the last too,your successors are doing worst .
Re: People Thought I Would Be Last President Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by b3llo(m): 4:11am On Aug 21, 2019
OBJ the man with the iron fist. Under his rule he was firmly in control of the affair of this country. You can't stand in his way and get away with it.
Re: People Thought I Would Be Last President Of Nigeria – Obasanjo by thesicilian: 4:58am On Aug 21, 2019
In a way, Obasanjo is the last good president we recognize, even though he didn't really set the bar so high. Yar Adua didn't really have the chance to prove himself due to illness, and the other two GEJ and Buhari became progressively worse.

(1) (Reply)

Tribunal Removes Dino As Kogi West Senator / Kwara Govt Mourns 17 Admission Seekers Involved In Auto Crash / Presidential Aide Sacked After Testifying In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.