Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

Eric Frimpong Targets Flying Eagles. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eric Frimpong Targets Flying Eagles. (1855 Views)

Manu Garba Throws In The Towel : Hints At Flying Eagles Exit / Flying Eagles Beat Enyimba 2 - 0 With Just 10 Men In Abuja / Arsenal Star Emmanuel Frimpong Disgraces Nigerians On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

Eric Frimpong Targets Flying Eagles. by honeric01(m): 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2010
Club Sportif Hammer-Lif winger, Eric Asamoah Frimpong, a younger brother of Nigerian league legend, Joetex Frimpong, has committed his international future to Nigeria and wants an invitation to the John Obuh tutored Flying Eagles.

The Tunisia based youngster, who was born in Lagos told SuperSport.com that he can add value to the Flying Eagles.

“I’ve spent all my time in Nigeria that’s why I want to make myself available to the Nigerian team. I understand the Nigerian football culture since I’ve played in the amateur and professional leagues. My parents also live in Nigeria.

“As a young player, I was able to make an impact at top Nigerian teams like Niger Tornadoes and Enyimba. Moreover, my friends are in Nigeria. So it will be great to play for Nigeria. I have always dreamt about it,” he said.

The winger-cum-attacking midfielder expressed confidence that his knowledge of Obuh’s coaching methods would be a boost to the Flying Eagles.

“My career flourished when I was with him at Niger Tornadoes. He’s not only a disciplinarian, but also a coach who can bring the best from young players. I know he’s a great trainer, that’s why he made an impact with Nigeria’s Under -17 team, last year.

“I had a great time with him at Tornadoes and I know he wants the best players for the Flying Eagles,” the youngster informed SuperSport.

Career in Nigeria:

Like Joetex, Eric started his active football career in Nigeria’s amateur league with Bida Lions, before his ‘hometown’ club; Niger Tornadoes offered him a chance to play in Nigeria’s elite class.

As a rookie, he won the 2006 Coca-Cola FA Cup (now Federation Cup) with Tornadoes.

He eventually attracted the attention of Heartland and Enyimba, but headed for the ‘Aba Millionaires.’

Tunisia:

Top Tunisia side, Etoile du Sahel eventually lured him abroad and he scored on his debut against Club Africain. He is presently on loan at another Tunisian side, Club Sportive Hammer Lif, fondly called CSHL.

Interestingly, he also scored on his debut for CSHL in a 1-0 victory over AS Gabsa.

http://www.supersport.com/football/nigeria/news/101022/Eric_Frimpong_targets_Flying_Eagles
Re: Eric Frimpong Targets Flying Eagles. by kannymoore(m): 7:54pm On Oct 22, 2010
Person wey win league title for 2006 dey claim under 20 in 2010. Tut-tut-tut, some people just never learn!
Re: Eric Frimpong Targets Flying Eagles. by honeric01(m): 9:00pm On Oct 22, 2010
^^^^^

Wetin? na him be the first person eh? grin

Martial Artist-taekwondo,karate,judo,kung Fu,akido,westlers,boxers,... / Fifa First 10 List Of Word Best Player's / I Have Been Winning 2 Odd Games For A Week Now... Here Is How?