Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,126 members, 7,849,505 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:59 PM

I Have No Relationship With The Ongoing Events In Nacriss -Asuquo Ekpenyong,j - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Relationship With The Ongoing Events In Nacriss -Asuquo Ekpenyong,j (201 Views)

Nacriss Ask Kalu To Be Nigeria President / Meet Chris Ekpenyong, Obasanjo's Ally, Who Shattered Akpabio’s ‘Uncommon’ Feat / Nela Duke And Asuquo Ekpenyong's White Wedding Photos In Switzerland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have No Relationship With The Ongoing Events In Nacriss -Asuquo Ekpenyong,j by offiong187: 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2019
Press Release:

I HAVE NO RELATIONSHIP WITH THE ONGOING EVENTS IN NACRISS - Asuquo Ekpenyong, jr 

The attention of the immediate past Commissioner for Finance, Cross River State, Mr. Asuquo Ekpeyong, Jnr, has been drawn to the misinformation making the rounds that he is involved in the on-going events within the National Association of Cross River State Students (NACRISS) as it appears some miscreants have set with the intent to tarnish his image, drag his family's name to the mud.

The former Commissioner wishes to state that it is laughable to link a man who graduated from the university over a decade ago and who was never a member of the Association during his days as a student with the current disagreement amongst students many of whom he does not know nor have contact with.

He also wonders why he would be interested in who emerges as NACRISS President when interfering in the internal affairs of the students' body would be an unnecessary and unbeneficial distraction from his busy schedule. When contacted, Mr Ekpenyong stated that he’s been in Lagos on a business trip since last week and wasn’t even aware of the election activities”

The former Commissioner views as the height of imbecility and crass irresponsibility, his alleged link with one "Awatt" in relation to NACRISS Elections. In his words “It is obvious that those behind this misinformation are primmed at mischief and scoring cheap political points, I have not met the Mr Awatt in question & neither is he my cousin by blood, marriage or any other form”

Advising NACRISS not to allow itself to be used as a weapon for proxy political war in Cross River State, the former Commssioner admonishes the body to resolve its internal issues amicably. He stated that “NACRISS should be apolitical as a students body and pressure group aimed at furthering the well being and interest of undergraduates of Cross River State extraction and should therefore guard against being used politically. He advised NACRISS to endeavor to choose its leaders internally in a free & fair process without external influence of any sorts”

Security agencies have however, been notified of this barefaced blackmail and mandated to fish out the perpetrators with the view of prosecution to serve as a deterant to others in future”, the statement further quoted the ex- commissioner as saying.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Afenifere Accuses Buhari Of Ethic Bigotry For Appointing Nine Ministers From N/W / Pregnant Woman Allegedly Raped And Killed By Suspected Herdsmen In Enugu........ / Video: Aregbesola Vows To Reposition Federal Fire Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.