Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,592 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Venturing Into Restaurant Business As A Graduate. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Venturing Into Restaurant Business As A Graduate. (718 Views)

South African Restaurant Refuses To Sell Food To Nigerians (Video) / Malaysia Restaurant Shut Down For Washing Plates In Pothole On The Street (Pic) / Restaurant Business Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Venturing Into Restaurant Business As A Graduate. by jeph19(m): 10:32pm On Aug 21, 2019
Good evening Nlanders,
Though still in school (in my finals) I've been having this urge to go into restaurant and catering business after school. As a result of this passion, I've done some feasibility studies and learn some cuisine and recipes of different meals.
I'm a guy, and intend starting it with my mom, watch it grow before diversifying.
Please I need your advise as to
Pros and cons, what to look out for and any tips that may be helpful
Considering the fact that
I. I'm a guy
II. I'm a learned person
III. The first graduate of my family
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Venturing Into Restaurant Business As A Graduate. by Wakemeup: 10:26am On Aug 22, 2019

1 Like

Re: Venturing Into Restaurant Business As A Graduate. by jeph19(m): 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2019
Wakemeup:
Hi. Glad you are taking initiative and not waiting for employment.
I am sure you are a good cook.
First things first, take some time to study the industry you want to go into.
There are lots of them on Instagram. Start by understudying them and take you your time to find out their loop holes. Find what they are not doing and doing it very well. This will give you some leverage over them when you start.
It cost nothing to do an I depth research. A lot of people are lazy about it. Be armed with all the
information before you start.
Find out if you want to do majorly events or a dine in and events. Dine in means getting a conducive space for people to come chill in....
Creat a social media handle different from your personal handle. Post photos of your work and use relevant hash tags.
Remember, take good photos of your food. It has to be visually appealing for someone to want to make an other.
You can take free courses on food plating on youtube.
You can approach your friends to give you free shout out on social media especially those with more than 2k followers and in exchange give them free food.
Always pay for your services...
I wish you all the best Sir.
It will be worthy put down all your ideas on a book or diary for easy referrals.
Talk less about your ideas and get to work.
Stay away from people that will kill your dreams before you actualize it. God bless you son.

Thank you very much for this insight. I'm very much grateful and appreciative. I'll do exactly what you've suggested.
Though I'm still receptive to more from where this came from.
Re: Venturing Into Restaurant Business As A Graduate. by Funkybabee(f): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2019
Are u an Hospitality student

(1) (Reply)

How To Cook Smokey Jollof Rice Step By Step Guide / List Of Foods To Eat This Lockdown That Can Last You For Days / Tasty dried Catfish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.