Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,663 members, 7,851,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:01 PM

Guber Tribunal: "My Party Didn't Work To Win", Apc Chieftain Confesses - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guber Tribunal: "My Party Didn't Work To Win", Apc Chieftain Confesses (225 Views)

Lagos Guber Tribunal: US Immigration Lawyer Testifies Against Deputy Governor / 2023: Tinubu Knows My Party – Lamido Sanusi / Presidential Tribunal : My Father Told Me Atiku Is Born Nigerian- Pdp’s Witness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guber Tribunal: "My Party Didn't Work To Win", Apc Chieftain Confesses by okrote4real: 7:45am On Aug 22, 2019
A caucus member of the Akwa Ibom State chapter of All Progressives Congress, Elder Enefiok Ekefre, has confessed before the ongoing Governorship Election Petition Tribunal that his party, the APC lost the last general elections because it failed to campaign in the grassroots but depended on 'federal might'.

'Federal might' was a term used loosely in the state during the 2019 general elections to connote probable influence of the Presidency in the conduct of elections through federal agencies including INEC, Police, DSS, Army and others.ll

He said the 2019 general election was the most credible electoral process he has witnessed in his over 30 years experience in politics and electoral process.

Appearing before the governorship election petition tribunal as a witness, Elder Enefiok Ekefre also said that his party lost the March 9th 2019 governorship election because they failed to take its campaign to the grassroots as done by the PDP.

Elder Ekefre who said he arrived his polling unit by 9:15 am maintained that there was no violence throughout the exercise while INEC officials were very transparent in their conduct.

"As an experienced politician I advised the party to embark on grassroots campaign as that was the only way to dislodge PDP which has been in power for 20 years in the state, but the party ignored my advice and that was why we lost"

In a response to Counsel to the petitioner, J. S. Okutepa SAN during his cross examination, Elder Enefiok Ekefre said he was not a staff of INEC to know the number of people that were accredited during the exercise, but maintained that everything went on smoothly including accreditation.

Also, A PDP Polling agent from Unit 004 in Ward 4, Uruan local government area Wilfred Okon has debunked allegations by a certain APC witness Godwin Jarkwa, on the conduct of election in his unit.

Unlike PW 20, Mr Jarkwa who had no Voter's card to tender before the tribunal, Mr Okon also confirmed under cross examination that only those who produced their PVCs were allowed access to go in and vote by the electoral officers.

Mr Okon shredded the allegations earlier brought by the said Jarkwa who came to testify for the petitioner as the twentieth witness.

Okon also admitted while being led in evidence by Counsel to the PDP Tayo Oyetibo SAN, that he alongside the APC unit agent, signed the result form EC8A, marked as Exhibit RXA 2335 after the collation.

The PDP agent said he was at the polling unit all throught the elections, which was held in a very free and fair atmosphere, under the watch of security agents.

"There was no fake material printed and distributed at the election venue and there was a fair presence of security agents who performed their duties."

"So the allegations by PW20 on violence were absolutely false?"

He replied in the affirmative, and went further to echo that his party won with 226 votes compared to 62 scored by APC.

(1) (Reply)

Over 5 Million Topics Haba Make This Site Still Dey Compensate Us Small Na / Fowler/presidency Exchange: Understanding The Issues / ‘those Fighting Sowore Now Sought His Support In 2015’, Senator Drops Bombshell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.