Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,613 members, 7,820,178 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed (33311 Views)

Power Minister Saleh Mamman Collapses, Hospitalised After Buhari Sacked Him / President Buhari Sacks Saleh Mamman and Sabo Nanono As Ministers / Saleh Mamman: Nigeria Now Generates 13,000MW Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by frowland(m): 3:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
majamajic:

did I mention any government in my comment ?

even if it was former government , so the new one can't sit them up and tell them why government sold NEPA to them ,

I think the problem was the manner it was unbundled and sold. It was shady and doomed to fail even before they started.
I prefer the federal government to pull out and allow individual states negotiate how to generate and transmit their electricity.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by Martinez39(m): 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2019
This is how you know they are deliberately(or unintentionally) going to fail in office. grin
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by captianfreeman(m): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2019
For what? I no get time.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by Stephendeals: 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2019
Afamed:

Not the same government , but the previous government PDP Jonathan that dashed/ Distribution company to his friends and concubines. Get your information right except you want to be mischievous

https://www.africanexponent.com/post/8964-nigerias-minister-of-power-fashola-has-some-questions-to-answer

Jonathan led govt spent 400bn on the privatized discos but Fashola led admin spent about 500bn on same reason serap was calling for his head.

so you are a bit ignorant or mischievous.

That is in the past tho i just wish for the sector to get working not excuses of the past.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by Chiboto414: 3:31pm On Aug 22, 2019
Work hard and God will help u .......Abeg try ur best for naija ..naija people de suffer for light..Goodluck!
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by oladeebo: 3:35pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hon. Minister you need me as your adviser and I won't take a penny for that job
In less than 24hrs Nigeria will have uninterrupted electricity!
Oladeebo
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by eneyoduke(m): 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2019
Old ways won't open new doors, that's what I know
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by inyenejo(m): 3:42pm On Aug 22, 2019
What can this one offer....
Chai ! Nigeria who bewitched thee
This aboki i'm seeing here will offer nothing. #REVOLUTIONNOW!!! buharigg must go !!!
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by DateMynd44(m): 3:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
seunmsg:
We can only pray for you to have good health and exercise sound judgement. Prayers will not make the discos, gencos and transmission company to work optimally. You must come up with policies and strategies to improve power generation, distribution, transmission and effectively regulate all the players in the power sector.
don't u believe in prayers?
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by loschivatos(m): 4:02pm On Aug 22, 2019
By the mention of God + Prayer Nigerians are fooled.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by Skseries: 4:03pm On Aug 22, 2019
The moment BRF said he doesn't know the details of the seimens deal I knew something was up, if the minister of power wasn't aware of a power deal with a company, who initiated the deal? So this new minister will throw away all the work of fashola and start all over again isn't it? We are not serious In this country...

If this story is true, then i weep for this country.. pray for me? Smh
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by ajayiopy: 4:15pm On Aug 22, 2019
majamajic:
u privatise NEPA cos they are not doing well , sell it to individuals ,

now the private companies are not doing well , now the same government wan pump 600 billon into the system , and high the tarrif , meanwhile the power keeps get low .

this Nigeria only God will help us ,
BABA GOD WILL NOT DO FOR ANY MAN WHAT HE HAD ALREADY GIVEN THE ABILITY TO DO.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by majamajic(m): 4:20pm On Aug 22, 2019
frowland:

I think the problem was the manner it was unbundled and sold. It was shady and doomed to fail even before they started.
I prefer the federal government to pull out and allow individual states negotiate how to generate and transmit their electricity.

me even streets , state is too big
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by Teenaira: 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2019
ednut1:
Developed countries depend on hard work not prayers

I want to pray that you get the Discos to install prepaid meters for all their customers. These meters are available everywhere in the world. AMEN & AMEN

Father Lord, 80% of the reason why we don't have power is because there are no prepaid meters. So the Discos don't really need to provide power for anybody since they can just bring any bill and we will be compelled to pay.

I pray that God will give poor Nigerians the power to rise up and demand for the power they are paying for. AMEN, AMEN & AMEN.

There minister, I am a prayer warrior. Just let me know any time you need additional prayers. I promise to render as much prayers as you need on a platter of Gold.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by majamajic(m): 4:22pm On Aug 22, 2019
SoNature:

I hate that comment.

God has finished His work in Nigeria by blessing the country with natural and human resources.

What we do with those is entirely our business...not His.

That ours is a religious country doesn't mean we should lose our senses.

Bros so we are finished ? no solution ?
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by Myhusband(m): 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2019
almost 200million people sharing 7000 megawatt while Indian are sharing close with their population

Indian had not spent what Nigeria govt has been spending on power since the return democracy, yet this fooool is calling a citizen that pay tax to pray for him

thunder pieces you there, useless fooool
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by Teenaira: 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2019
frowland:

We need to be strategic in coming up with solutions to our problems.

If the Discos are compelled to install prepaid meters for everybody, I am absolutely sure power availability in this country would have doubled. Forget about all the grammar they speak everyday about challenges which they face.

Let me share a secret with you. Please don't let anybody know about it. There is something called "revenue" . No investor jokes with it. They will look for a solution to whatever will affect their revenue. Infact, they will kill that thing.

If I am made the minister of power today, that is where my focus will be and at the end of the day, it will be a win, win situation. Right now, the Disco are skinning poor Nigerians and smiling to the banks while they keep complaining about the challenges in the power sector. These people are business men and their main objective is maximize their profit while they have a secondary objective to provide power.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by godquality: 4:42pm On Aug 22, 2019
My friend do your work. Prayers is not needed. If you know your work then do it. Mediocrity everywhere.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by seunmsg(m): 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2019
DateMynd44:
don't u believe in prayers?

Prayers won’t give us electricity.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by naijajobx: 4:47pm On Aug 22, 2019
hmmm
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by Mustaphakehinde: 4:55pm On Aug 22, 2019
Just do your best, if you have done your best you will nothing to worry about. I WISH YOU BEST OF LUCK.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by drlateef: 5:33pm On Aug 22, 2019
majamajic:

did I mention any government in my comment ?

even if it was former government , so the new one can't sit them up and tell them why government sold NEPA to them ,

Unfortunately their hands are tied by the terms of contract which means the new government cant scrap the contract.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by majamajic(m): 5:39pm On Aug 22, 2019
drlateef:

Unfortunately their hands are tied by the terms of contract which means the new government cant scrap the contract.

their hands can't be tied, so the contract was for us to be in darkness ? I don't think so , do u remember when u load 100 naira on Mtn and go to bed, in the morning u will find nothing on your phone , until the government reset their scams with a huge fine , why can't they do same to all these power companies ? to get Common pre paid metre , Na wa
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by frowland(m): 5:42pm On Aug 22, 2019
majamajic:

me even streets , state is too big

Lol, bills will be exorbitant when subscribers are few. Same as when states take over compared to the current state.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by frowland(m): 5:43pm On Aug 22, 2019
Teenaira:

We need to be strategic in coming up with solutions to our problems.

If the Discos are compelled to install prepaid meters for everybody, I am absolutely sure power availability in this country would have doubled. Forget about all the grammar they speak everyday about challenges which they face.

Let me share a secret with you. Please don't let anybody know about it. There is something called "revenue" . No investor jokes with it. They will look for a solution to whatever will affect their revenue. Infact, they will kill that thing.

If I am made the minister of power today, that is where my focus will be and at the end of the day, it will be a win, win situation. Right now, the Disco are skinning poor Nigerians and smiling to the banks while they keep complaining about the challenges in the power sector. These people are business men and their main objective is maximize their profit while they have a secondary objective to provide power.

You are right though. Meter everyone and see this power problem fizzle out.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by mindtricks: 5:44pm On Aug 22, 2019
Afamed:

Not the same government , but the previous government PDP Jonathan that dashed/ Distribution company to his friends and concubines. Get your information right except you want to be mischievous

My friend please stop sounding like there's anything different between 6 and Half a dozen. These guys up there don't really give a damn, and are more or less doing same poor performance under different names abeg. Nigerians should get tired of mediocrity and reject it in whatever form it comes. It's rather baffling how the suffering masses are ready to die defending their oppressors for frivolous reasons.

1 Like

Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by majamajic(m): 5:47pm On Aug 22, 2019
frowland:

Lol, bills will be exorbitant when subscribers are few. Same as when states take over compared to the current state.

we spend the equivalent on fuel too , it's same ,

many will prefer paying high on 24hrs NEPA light , why can't they provide pre paid and go 24hrs steady , pay as u use
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by frowland(m): 5:50pm On Aug 22, 2019
majamajic:

we spend the equivalent on fuel too , it's same ,

many will prefer paying high on 24hrs NEPA light , why can't they provide pre paid and go 24hrs steady , pay as u use

Absolutely! But lets see what Siemens have for us in two years time.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by mindtricks: 5:52pm On Aug 22, 2019
majamajic:

their hands can't be tied, so the contract was for us to be in darkness ? I don't think so , do u remember when u load 100 naira on Mtn and go to bed, in the morning u will find nothing on your phone , until the government reset their scams with a huge fine , why can't they do same to all these power companies ? to get Common pre paid metre , Na wa

A failure will always manufacture reasons why their failure is acceptable. A performer will go all out to do whatever needs to be to deliver results, knowing that achievements is what really matters and results are primarily what their performance should be judged by, and not judged by mere efforts/explanations.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by lexy2014: 5:54pm On Aug 22, 2019
saintokwuluora:
Even the Bible says that we should pray for our leaders -1 Tim 2: 1-2 and I shall pray for you more so as you asked for it and the success of your ministry for four years will be enough to fast forward Nigeria 40 years.

Can u show me one country that succeeded because they prayed for their leaders according to d scripture u quoted?
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by mindtricks: 5:57pm On Aug 22, 2019
Meanwhile, the minister should know that Nigerians too are begging him to please perform even though he appears like he has nothing to offer.
Re: Minister Of Power, Saleh Mamman Begs Nigerians To Pray For Him To Succeed by lexy2014: 6:00pm On Aug 22, 2019
unclefresh:
The man needs serious prayers , this power issue is beyond the minister of power, the corruption in that sector is too much , they are people in the business of importing generator that feels treathened ,they sponsor people to vandalise cabals and bribe people in power sectors , do you all know that when NEPA was sold investors refuse to buy the north east sector because of insurgency leaving it for govt to manage it , north east have more electricity than the most zones managed by the investors , this investors don't even pump in money into this system rather they are making more money through high tarrifs and bills , govt need to step up and do the needful

If d job is beyond d mans abilities, then let him go and sit at home instead of collecting free salary 4d next four years with nothing to show. Make all of us just de pray.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prophecy That Changed The Life Of Yemi Osinbajo / Between LP Spokesperson Ndi Kato And Tinubu Supporters On TVC / PHOTOS: Lagos State Govt Completes Rehabilitation Of Alapere Roundabout

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.