Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,495 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

19 Ways Nigerian Youths Can Use Social Media Engagement For Success - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 19 Ways Nigerian Youths Can Use Social Media Engagement For Success (290 Views)

ASUU Declares Indefinite Strike, Plans Increased Media Engagement / Youth Engagement For Global Action / Top 5 Ways Nigerian Students Should Not Make Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

19 Ways Nigerian Youths Can Use Social Media Engagement For Success by 4nigerianyouths(f): 6:39pm On Aug 22, 2019
Students, graduates, and young Nigerians adults do gather here.

Have ever considered using your social media time, social media platforms and tools to up your school performance?

It could make the difference between a B grade or an A or even help you come out of third class into a second class.

Do you also know you can use them to start creating a personal social presence that will enable you to possibly land a job straight after school?

And also give your skills and abilities the visibility it needs so that potential employers of your services are ready and willing to pay you your worth and not peanuts?

Do I have your attention now? I sincerely hope I do because now we’re talking about your future and growth opportunities for you.

While the occasional selfie, trending hot gossip, and endless debates on social sites might be fun and entertaining, chances are they will not be able to put food on the table for you or help you build that successful life that you desire.

Which in the grand scheme of things should be the most important thing to you.

So let’s now have a look at how you can use your social sites along with some social media tools to improve on your studies, increase your chances of landing that dream job, project or business and take you to the next level of success.

How you can use social media in your studies

Create online groups for class and course information

This I believe should be old news to you. However, I have decided to err on the side of caution and still add this here.

General course and class information can be put up in such groups: tests dates and assignments and projects etc

Create online study groups

Platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, Telegram are particularly useful for this.

You do not only have to use them to circulate general class information. You can post questions and answers.

Students who have a better understanding of a particular topic can give Facebook live sessions for example to explain such topics.

Any student who wasn’t around or available during the live session can gain access to it once online.

I will also like to emphasize here that you are not limited to a Nigerian online group you can join other foreign groups or forums.

This could be for example a group of other students in the same field of study as yourself.

Remember, the world is now a global village thanks to the internet make sure you use that to your advantage.

So reach out to similar groups of students around the world who may be doing exactly what you’re doing now and who may have solutions to your problems or challenges.

Record live classes

Record live classes in video or audio formats and put them up in the group for those who were unavailable or even for you to be able to go back and make references. Note you may need to get permission from your lecturer for this.

I believe the best way to do this would be to have your class rep and his/her deputy meet the lecturer in the office and discuss.

Yes, I am aware of the possibility of some lecturers saying a flat out no to this but some might say yes and unless you ask you will never know what is possible.

And if one or two lecturers agree to it and the benefits can be seen by all, others will most likely follow suit.

Copy what’s on the board using your camera

And note taken as just gotten easier!� I wish such an option had been available during my time at the university.

However, this may be quite disruptive if everyone is doing it, I will suggest that you assign one or two people in the class to take the pictures and then have it shared on your group and as I said before you may need to seek permission from your lecturer first.

Watch videos tutorials on your subject matter or courses

If a particular topic is giving you headache seek out solutions elsewhere there are lots of helpful video tutorials, and books on various topics online. You may be able to get a better explanation in those places.

Click the link below to read all 19 ways.

https://www.fornigerianyouths.com/

Re: 19 Ways Nigerian Youths Can Use Social Media Engagement For Success by Globalupdates: 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2019
Re: 19 Ways Nigerian Youths Can Use Social Media Engagement For Success by Globalupdates: 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2019

(1) (Reply)

WEAC 2019-2020 SSCE Result Is Out And Held Results Is Also Out Now To Check Call / Abdulrazaq Laments Death Of 17 Kwara Students / Student In Lagos, Stuns Teachers Wither Skills As She Writes Notes Upside-down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.