Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,001 members, 7,866,791 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:59 AM

Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative (1717 Views)

Fitch Upgrades Nigeria's Lagos State To 'aa+(nga)'; Outlook Stable / Fitch Revises Lagos State's Outlook To Stable / GEJ's Economic Reforms Endorsed By Improved Fitch Ratings? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by mbulela: 8:14pm On Oct 23, 2010
Gbawe:

Don't mind them. We know Fitch dey work for IBB. The SSS have disclosed that they have intercepted text between Fitch and IBB. It read : "It is done. We have delivered the negative credit rating indicting GEJ's government of economic mismanagement. Can we meet at IBB campaign office for our balance ?"
Yes we are on our way.
Please tell Mr. Dokpesi that we will only collect cash. $ and Pound sterling.
No cheque please.
See you soon.
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by wesley80(m): 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2010
@mikeansy, & Co.
Perhaps if GEJ had been president for a year or two with still nothing to show,
perhaps if we'd had a better or even manageable leader before GEJ became president,
If perhaps in the short while he's been president he has failed to show he can improve d country,
If he didnt represent an attempt by nigeria for the first time since independence to prove we can say YES to change in a form other than that forced on us by perceived power brokers with majority ethnic backing and
Most importantly if the chief alternative did not personify the word RETROGRESSION, Then surely i would have understood your barrage of unwarranted criticisms and also be dishing out mine.
Those are the reason i support GEJ. So can one of you please tell me why Apart from his obviously Nice Gap Teeth, u guys are bent on kissing IBB's behind? Sugar dey there?
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by Gbawe: 9:21pm On Oct 23, 2010
wesley80:

@mikeansy, & Co.
perhaps if we'd had a better or even manageable leader before GEJ became president,
If perhaps in the short while he's been president he has failed to show he can improve d country,
If he didnt represent an attempt by nigeria for the first time since independence to prove we can say YES to change in a form other than that forced on us by perceived power brokers with majority ethnic backing and
Most importantly if the chief alternative did not personify the word RETROGRESSION, Then surely i would have understood your barrage of unwarranted criticisms and also be dishing out mine.
Those are the reason i support GEJ. So can one of you please tell me why Apart from his obviously Nice Gap Teeth, u guys are bent on kissing IBB's behind? Sugar dey there?

Bruv, you must be Einstein reincarnated !!! Not only do you possess the genius to determine conclusively that the 2011 Presidency is a straight fight between GEJ or IBB, but you were also able to work out that  we are all closet supporters of Babangida despite our numerous posts that show we dont want IBB to be our President next year !!!! I might as well come clean . IBB paid me $1 millon. You will need to ask Mbulela and Mikeansy how much they collected .
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by Katsumoto: 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2010
wesley80:

@mikeansy, & Co.

Why do GEJ supporters think that anybody that criticises GEJ is in the IBB camp? You do know that there are at least 5 candidates that are in the running?
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by Gbawe: 9:36pm On Oct 23, 2010
Katsumoto:

Why do GEJ supporters think that anybody that criticises GEJ is in the IBB camp? You do know that there are at least 5 candidates that are in the running?

shocked shocked shocked Are you sure? I thought it was only "god's annointed son (GEJ) " and the "devil's son (IBB)" that are battling to the end? Man mi , I am not convinced with your arguement that other candidates exist apart from IBB and GEJ . For that reason , and from now henceforth, I label you as an IBB supporter. grin grin grin
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by wesley80(m): 9:39pm On Oct 23, 2010
@ Gbawe, r u sure its not just d sugar he's letting u lick?
Anyway saying its not IBB u're supporting is just escapist cos eventually if he losses d pdp nomination, he'll probably get anoda partys nominatn as easily as i can get a hot dinner and thats were d likes of Ribadu, Pat Utomi a few others will matter cos every vote dey get would be one lost for GEJ and IBB would gladly fund their campaigns knowing fully well they stand no chance. Perharps if Ribadu had been in dPdP i would av been a staunch supporter but outside, he doesnt stand a chance. Pat Utomi? Forget him, he cant even win d Delta state governorship (which by d way is sad).who remain? Saraki? These guys r just going 2 reduce GEJ's vote if IBB gets to anoda party just like what Ralph Nader did to Al Gore. So y cant u lot see beyond your noses?
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by Katsumoto: 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2010
Gbawe:

shocked shocked shocked Are you sure? I thought it was only "god's annointed son (GEJ) " and the "devil's son (IBB)" that are battling to the end? Man mi , I am not convinced with your arguement that other candidates exist apart from IBB and GEJ . For that reason , and from now henceforth, I label you as an IBB supporter. grin grin grin

God forbid bad thing. grin grin grin
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by OmoTier1(m): 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2010
LET FITCH CONTINUE THEIR RATING, FOR ALL I CARE TO KNOW 5YEARS AGO, THE ROAD PASSING THE FRONT OF MY HOUSE IN NIGERIA WAS NOT TARRED, BUT TODAY ITS TARRED LIKE EXPRESSWAY WITH DRAINAGES ON EITHER SIDE!

THE LAST TIME I CHECKED, LAST YEAR'S GDP WAS FUELED BY THE NON-OIL SECTOR, THEREFORE THEIR RATING ON THE BASIS OF OIL REVENUE MEANS NOTHING TO ME!

FYI, GEJ HAVE ALREADY SAID IT,  THOSE RATING AGENCIES CAN CONTINUE RATE AS THEY LIKE, WE KNOW MORE ABOUT THEM NOW THAN IN THE PAST. OR WHERE THEY NOT THE ONES RATING THE UK ECONOMY 'AA' WHILE UK'S DEBT IS ALMOST 12% OF HER GDP ?

THE QUESTION WE SHOULD ASK AND MAYBE TRY TO ANSWER IS THIS: IF MUCH (i.e a LARGE CHUNK) OF THE INFRASTRUCTURAL DEVELOPMENT GRANT GIVEN TO AFRICAN COUNTRIES IN THE LAST 5YEARS HAVE COME FROM THE CHINESE WHO DO NOT GIVE A HUUUTTTT ABOUT THESE RATING AGENCIES, WHY SHOULD WE EVEN BOTHER ABOUT THEM? 90% OF NIGERIA CREDITORS TODAY ARE NIGERIANS i.e NIGERIAN BANKS USING SAVINGS OF NIGERIANS, SO WE DO NOT NEED TO RANSACK OUR HEAD OVER THESE FRAUDSTER AGENCIES grin
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by monkeyleg: 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2010
@Rebranded

The sad part is the new generation of Nigerians are not aware of their rights!, maybe because the country has experienced more time in a military setting than a civilian one (We are used to not having a say and allow dictatorship). We need to wake up before these politicians ruin the Country.

The Governors wasted the ECA in my opinion!

My Bro, our people do not realise that they have the right to demand to know what has been done with thier money, and better still demand more. There are too meek, it is unbelieveable,

Look at my state (Delta), for one. Ibori was given in excess of 500BN naira over the course of his rule, now visit the state and see what he has done, absolutely nothing, and when i challenge it, I am quickly reminded that he tarred a few roads, after all Lucky Igbinedion did nothing.

We must challlenge our leaders, take them to task. Let them know that they are public servants, not kings.
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by monkeyleg: 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2010
@ wesley80,

Would you have back GEJ if he belonged to another party?

Should we all join PDP if we want to win, even when that party stands for nothing but theft. Listen, people like you are the reason we as a country as where we are today, born Politically lazy. You think freedom is a gift, never prepared to fight for what is right. Can any normal thinking person really think that GEJ would be effective in a party that is predominantly ladened with monumental failures and thieves, there ia an obvious conflict of interest. GEJ no matter how saintly you might find him cannot be effective in PDP.

The truth is that to have an effective democracy, we need a credible opposition. PDP has been raping and killing people in the cuntry for far too long, and they must be stopped
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2010
They have already crowned Jonathan progressive . . . . . . I am still trying to piece together how they came to that conclusion because I don't think the country quite yet knows where Jonathan stands on anything let alone figuring out where to classify him on the political spectrum.

Some think because he wears Etibo and Hart that no other President of Nigeria has ever worn then that classifies him as progressive or may be because his name is Jonathan Goodluck and hence he is a progressive by default.

Folks in history we have seen Progressives and Conservatives who have changed their country for the better, their classification on the political spectrum came not by the colour of their skin nor their religion, tribe nor language but by their choice of politics and policies, their world views, where they stand on bread and butter issues like Education/Healthcare and how it should be funded. What they think the relation between the State and the individual should be in terms of job creation, driving business and taxes.

These are what determines who is a Progressive and who is a conservative.

Do we know Jonathan's views on any of these issues? I think NO . . . . . .so how did they crown Jonathan a progressive?

Only they will know.
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by wesley80(m): 10:55pm On Oct 23, 2010
@monkeyleg, And which is the opposition u speak of? AC? ANPP? AD? Which is it? Which of them represent anything better than what we have with d PDP? R u going 2 start building dat credible opposition with 3 months 2 an election? What alternative do u as a revolutionary thinker have to offer? Do u have any idea of the power at the disposal of the pdp? I seriously doubt that cos if u did u would realize that our quickest way to realizing our dream of a new Ngr is thru this same virus called the PDP and GEJ represents a unique opportunity. of course there is no certainty to what he'll turn out to be but what alternative have we got?
To answer your first questn its No, outside the PDP and d presidency,GEJ would have been a political nonentity like Saraki, and unlike utomi and Ribadu nothing to sway d crowd with,condemned to political abyss. And i would av chosen to save my breath.but with incumbency and the power of d PDP, he's the best among the PDP lot.
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by Kobojunkie: 11:39pm On Oct 23, 2010
wesley80:

@monkeyleg, And which is the opposition u speak of? AC? ANPP? AD? Which is it? [size=13pt]Which of them represent anything better than what we have with d PDP?[/size] R u going 2 start building dat credible opposition with 3 months 2 an election? What alternative do u as a revolutionary thinker have to offer? Do u have any idea of the power at the disposal of the pdp? I seriously doubt that cos if u did u would realize that our quickest way to realizing our dream of a new Ngr is thru this same virus called the PDP and GEJ represents a unique opportunity. of course there is no certainty to what he'll turn out to be but what alternative have we got?
To answer your first questn its No, outside the PDP and d presidency,GEJ would have been a political nonentity like Saraki, and unlike utomi and Ribadu nothing to sway d crowd with,condemned to political abyss. And i would av chosen to save my breath.but with incumbency and the power of d PDP, he's the best among the PDP lot.

WOW . . . shocked shocked
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by mbulela: 8:11am On Oct 24, 2010
Gbawe:

Bruv, you must be Einstein reincarnated !!! Not only do you possess the genius to determine conclusively that the 2011 Presidency is a straight fight between GEJ or IBB, but you were also able to work out that  we are all closet supporters of Babangida despite our numerous posts that show we dont want IBB to be our President next year !!!! I might as well come clean . IBB paid me $1 millon. You will need to ask Mbulela and Mikeansy how much they collected .
me i no reach your level.
That high chief short changed me and since he came out from custody he has changed his mobile number.
tell him to pay me my complete money if he expects me to ramp up my sychophancy.
If you, Gbawe have been paid in full, then much more is expected from you on this site.
Begin to defend the indefensible, after all you have sold your soul. grin grin
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by Pharoh: 8:13am On Oct 24, 2010
Fitch can take their useless rating and shove it into their backside . . .we don't care about it.  

No be them rate all the useless banks in Nigeria as sound before the bubble burst.  angry
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by Gbawe: 9:41am On Oct 24, 2010
mbulela:

me i no reach your level.
That high chief short changed me and since he came out from custody he has changed his mobile number.
[b]tell him to pay me my complete money if he expects me to ramp up my sychophancy.[/b]If you, Gbawe have been paid in full, then much more is expected from you on this site.
Begin to defend the indefensible, after all you have sold your soul. grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by james1(m): 10:26am On Oct 24, 2010
To hell with fitch and their useless rating.
This administration is improving on past performance's steadily.
GEJ is bent on improving the lot of Nigerian's.
All you GEJ detractor's will be proved wrong absolutely soon.
Good governance don't happen by fiat!open your eye's oh evil detractor's that don't mean well for Nigeria and see nothing good coming out of this great country.
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by wesley80(m): 11:43am On Oct 24, 2010
^^^ Abeg help me tell them.
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by LouisThoro: 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2010
this is the type of negative story Nigerians like to believe, not the positive.
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by Gbawe: 1:49pm On Oct 24, 2010
james1:

To hell with fitch and their useless rating.
This administration is improving on past performance's steadily.
GEJ is bent on [b]improving the lot of Nigerian's.[/b]All you GEJ detractor's will be proved wrong absolutely soon.
Good governance don't happen by fiat!open your eye's oh evil detractor's that don't mean well for Nigeria and see nothing good coming out of this great country.

How ? By looking the other way while his SW campaign Manager (Gbenga Daniel) uses overtly callous gangsterism to impoverish Ogun State with a 100 billion Naira bond that will end up in the pocket of a few yet increase the debt profile of the State? Jonathan is not leading for anyone but himself . He has failed every time there is a critical challenge facing Nigeria and Nigerians. I don't know how you fans of Jonathan can be praise-singing a man who is a poor leader happy to impede democratic progress in Nigeria.
Re: Fitch Revises Nigeria's Credit Outlook To Negative by monkeyleg: 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2010
@Wesley80

Sorry oh, but how to do work out that PDP and the other parties represent the same? I really would like to know how you arrived at that conclusion.

I am not a PDP party member, but I can say this for certain, the only Power at PDP's disposal is the power to fleece Nigeria dry, and they have been doing that for years.

Also I would reaaly be helpful if you GEJ backers can give us concrete solid evidence that he is the best candidates for Nigeria.

I keep saying that Nigerians must quickly divorce themselves from continously enjoying scraps.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pay Money With Western Union Is Ok In Nigeria? / man's inhumanity to man. / Seminar On Entrepreneurship Development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.