Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,863 members, 7,824,591 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage (13404 Views)

Minimum Wage: ‘All Agreements Between Labour, FG Must Be Implemented’ – TUC / Osinbajo, Others Meeting On Minimum Wage / We Weren't Elected Just To Pay Salaries - Nigerian Governors On Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by Opexzy: 7:01am On Aug 23, 2019
The most useless set of union i have ever seen... Their leadership is worst than the government herself... I don't know how a group possesses so much power and still live in the shadows of themselves because of crumbs their generation will pay for in 10 folds.... Continue....Everyone sabotaging the effort of Common Nigerians..... You will all die a mysterious death...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by Sunnymatey(m): 7:06am On Aug 23, 2019
A govt that has the interest of the masses at heart would not drag this issue this long knowing fully well that 18k has been highly devalued due to their policies n programmes.

One would have expected Buhari to unstand the timing and do the needful.

We have become slave in our land.
Sure the govt isnt thinking about anybody.

Pathetic

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by LKO(m): 7:08am On Aug 23, 2019
kid7soccer:
If you don't know something why not keep quiet. In civil service there is what is called salary structure, as you rise in level and grade so does your salary. If the minimum wage was increase by 66% to it current state of 30k it is according to the law that it be increase close to or the same % across all level. Salary increment is for everyone. Don't forget that the 500k you are talking about use to be around $3.500, now it not even up to $2,000. Please try and educate yourself on this things this is why government is still using us to play in this country. They know so many Nigerian know nothing. If the President and senatos can earn hardship allowances how much the common man

And current reality shows the governnent can't afford to pay such huge increment especially for civil servants that are already earning huge money like those level 17 officers. For your information, those level 17 officers are not common man as you would want to make us believe. The common man is the unemployed. No one talks about them. The common man is the civil servant that is earning below 30k which truly deserve this increment not the ones that are already earning 500k and above. Imagine a 66% increment for a level 17 officer. How wicked!

You know nothing and you must keep shut when serious matters are being treated.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by kid7soccer(m): 7:15am On Aug 23, 2019
Mumu won't those earning the minimum wage rise in level. So once you start earning 40k you do not need increment even if s dollar rise to 50k. By the way which Federal civil servant earn less 30k, such things can be found at the state & local government level . Please get sense. Nigeria is bad but na we dey do ourselves.
LKO:

And current reality shows the governnent can't afford to pay such huge increment especially for civil servants that are already earning huge money like those level 17 officers. For your information, those level 17 officers are not common man as you would want to make us believe. The common man is the unemployed. No one talks about them. The common man is the civil servant that is earning below 30k which truly deserve this increment not the ones that are already earning 500k and above. Imagine a 66% increment for a level 17 officer. How wicked!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by analdo: 7:18am On Aug 23, 2019
[quote author=anonimi post=81518487]

Are you joking or you are just telling lies against this government of progressive people fighting corruption with integrity?
Nothing of what you have described is happening under Buhari. grin

I respect ur stupidity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by Blue3k(m): 7:23am On Aug 23, 2019
It's crazy you pass law then wont implement it. Why bother doing it. You guys could've simply delayed it to next fiscal year.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by LKO(m): 7:26am On Aug 23, 2019
kid7soccer:
I know I'm a GOAT and a KID but please sir hear me out. won't those earning the minimum wage rise in level. So once you start earning 40k you do not need increment even if s dollar rise to 50k. By the way which Federal civil servant earn less 30k, such things can be found at the state & local government level . Please get sense. Nigeria is bad but na we dey do ourselves.

This one miserable life revolves around salary. I feel your pain. Nor go find part time business join your salary o. Sleep for bed dey find quarrel this morning. Idle soul. Bye.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by anonimi: 7:39am On Aug 23, 2019
analdo:
I respect ur stupidity

Did you miss the sarcasm even with the laughter icon
Haba!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by anonimi: 7:40am On Aug 23, 2019
Blue3k:
It's crazy you pass law then wont implement it. Why bother doing it. You guys could've simply delayed it to next fiscal year.

By next fiscal year, do you mean next election year- 2023

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3130620_312618210455925102083392872603702040434416570868664njpegaeee09ac222946bb55e282b101a666f8_jpeg2ed8a7a281c137a6d72df9058e760f35

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by osato45: 7:41am On Aug 23, 2019
LKO:

if for example your father is a civil servant for over 27 years and he finally rises to the rank of director (level 17) he probably may have less than 4 years to enjoy it, you know why? age may not be on his side as retirement would be close at hand. Then you find out his take home is just 350k after working for 27 years, that tells you how his salary was so low and is still low after many years of service then you wonder how he was able to build a house, send you and your siblings to school ( all these would have been possible because of his side hustle) A friend once told me that despite he had worked for 8 years with a government agency unfortunately his salary was no where near 300k. Then you find some fortunate persons start with 350k at point of entry in a few government agencies not to talk of what the political class earn as well. Then you would understand why labour has refused to change their stance because its the same market we use.

do you think it is even easy to get to level 17. just a few fortunate persons get there.

Harmonization of all government salary scales is the way forward, our state governors, legislators should stop giving themselves life pension with juicy entitlements despite knowing the realities on ground

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by owila4luv(m): 7:43am On Aug 23, 2019
Bubu: the Biggest Scammer of the Century

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by LKO(m): 7:49am On Aug 23, 2019
osato45:

if for example your father is a civil servant for over 27 years and a finally rises to the rank of director (level 17) he probably may have less than 4 years to enjoy it, you know why? age may not be on his side as retirement would be close at hand. Then you find out his take home is just 350k after working for 27 years, when some persons start with 350k in a few government agencies not to talk of what the political class earn as well. Then you would understand why labour has refused to change their stance because its the same market we use.

Good response. I understand your point. Thanks. The government must find a way to resolve this logjam. Government can't use all our resources to service salaries only. Paying political office holders hugely and paying civil servants. We need money for infrastructure. What about the non working populace? The old and the physically challenged among us ? We all use the same market for crying out loud. Some states are using over 70% of their budget to pay only salaries. This is bad. I want the civil service to be right size and a massive slash in the pay of criminal politicians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by osato45: 8:10am On Aug 23, 2019
LKO:

We need money for infrastructure. The old and the physically challenged among us ? We all use the same market for crying out loud. Some states are using over 70% of their budget to pay only salaries. This is bad. I want the civil service to be right size and a massive slash in the pay of criminal politicians.

This is what labour should do because of our fragile economy that is dependent on oil, but the selfishness of nigerians would not let all of us look at it from this perspective and get a lasting solution. so we continue in this unending viscious circle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by onyxo76(m): 8:17am On Aug 23, 2019
osato45:

if for example your father is a civil servant for over 27 years and he finally rises to the rank of director (level 17) he probably may have less than 4 years to enjoy it, you know why? age may not be on his side as retirement would be close at hand. Then you find out his take home is just 350k after working for 27 years, that tells you how his salary is was so low and is still low after many years of service then you wonder how he was able to build a house, send you and your siblings to school ( all these would have been possible because of his side hustle) A friend once told me that despite he had worked for 8 years with a government agency unfortunately his salary was no where near 300k. Then you find some fortunate persons start with 350k at point of entry in a few government agencies not to talk of what the political class earn as well. Then you would understand why labour has refused to change their stance because its the same market we use.

do you think it is even easy to get to level 17. just a few fortunate persons get there.

Harmonization of all government salary scales is the way forward, our state governors, legislators should stop giving themselves life pension with juicy entitlements despite knowing the realities on ground
very correct, how many people are on level 17, usually there is a quota for that position, once the number is filled, the promotion of those below is pegged until the those on that position have left the system, thus most people don't retire on level 17 as age and number of years in service would have caught with them before the level 17 position is open for vacancy again, more than 90% of civil servants surely have a side hustle, the salary alone cannot pay bills, school fees, build your house, take care of dependant relatives and so on.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by kid7soccer(m): 9:08am On Aug 23, 2019
Lol mumu you edited my post, chia now who's the kid with a miserable life, only a fool fails to receive correction. Keep displaying your ignorance. By the way who cares if am a salary earner, I could feed you. "Hater trolling over those earning above the minimum wage" jealousy na im go kee u.
LKO:

This one miserable life revolves around salary. I feel your pain. Nor go find part time business join your salary o. Sleep for bed dey find quarrel this morning. Idle soul. Bye.
Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by garfield1: 9:15am On Aug 23, 2019
onyxo76:
very correct, how many people are on level 17, usually there is a quota for that position, once the number is filled, the promotion of those below is pegged until the those on that position have left the system, thus most people don't retire on level 17 as age and number of years in service would have caught with them before the level 17 position is open for vacancy again, more than 90% of civil servants surely have a side hustle, the salary alone cannot pay bills, school fees, build your house, take care of dependant relatives and so on.
You are correct.labour is suggesting 25% increase for level 15-17,30% for level 7-14 while that of 1-6 is settled.fg is saying 5% for level 15-17,20% for 7-14.in order to reach a compromise,ill suggest 10% for 15-17 and 25% for 7-14.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by kid7soccer(m): 9:15am On Aug 23, 2019
Thank you very much this. can you imagine somebody feel the person on level 17 doesn't deserve equal increment. The level of ignorance and hate in this country is really sad
osato45:

if for example your father is a civil servant for over 27 years and he finally rises to the rank of director (level 17) he probably may have less than 4 years to enjoy it, you know why? age may not be on his side as retirement would be close at hand. Then you find out his take home is just 350k after working for 27 years, that tells you how his salary is was so low and is still low after many years of service then you wonder how he was able to build a house, send you and your siblings to school ( all these would have been possible because of his side hustle) A friend once told me that despite he had worked for 8 years with a government agency unfortunately his salary was no where near 300k. Then you find some fortunate persons start with 350k at point of entry in a few government agencies not to talk of what the political class earn as well. Then you would understand why labour has refused to change their stance because its the same market we use.

Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by uwa244(m): 9:29am On Aug 23, 2019
I hope this whole minimum wage saga will end with the reappointment of Ngige as Minister of Labour? Cos the arrears are mounting.
Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by samifet: 9:58am On Aug 23, 2019
Minimum wage negotiation is a delaying tactics used by the government to deprive our right, Nigerian senators take home (N50M) is enough to settle their state, What is the essence of playing politic with intelligent Nigerians, I guess the best action is to avoid negotiation and go ahead with strike. Nigeria dose not accept humble request if not by force or violence .
Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by LKO(m): 10:52am On Aug 23, 2019
osato45:

This is what labour should do because of our fragile economy that is dependent on oil, but the selfishness of nigerians would not let all of us look at it from this perspective and get a lasting solution. so we continue in this unending viscious circle

Thank you. Nice point.
Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by Dino98: 10:58am On Aug 23, 2019
Zico5:
Anyone expecting something good from this government is just wasting his time. The best u can do is to double ur hustle. This country is long gone and with Buhari as the president and the conglomerate of thieves called ministers, then no hope at all. The minimum wage is just to divert our attention just to think this government is working. Minimum wage can only be implemented probably 3 months to the expiration of this government. That's the card on ground. U believe these bastards at ur own peril

They will implement it some months to General election in 2023 so they can win....something to win the people over after 4years of hardship. That's the play
Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by otokx(m): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2019
Blue3k:

Looks like negotiations will continue till next fiscal year.
Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by Clefayomide: 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2019
Alamu1111:
Hmmm

I want to believe that screen shot isn't yours, cos if it is, then why is the Gmail account connected to your goggle account carrying the picture of a white lady (probably american)?... hope it's not what I'm thinking grin
Re: Labour, FG Meet Today On Minimum Wage by Alamu1111: 2:16pm On Aug 23, 2019
Clefayomide:

I want to believe that screen shot isn't yours, cos if it is, then why is the Gmail account connected to your goggle account carrying the picture of a white lady (probably american)?... hope it's not what I'm thinking grin

That’s my wife

(1) (2) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Attacking Right Now a Police Station Near The Emir Palace in Kano... / SHOCKER: APC Govs Help Aregbesola To Pay Salaries –PDP / The Battle Buhari Administration Is Winning By Abimbola Adelakun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.