Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,036 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB (4128 Views)

How Zenith Bank, GTB Aid Chinese Loan Sharks To Frustrate Nigerians Leading To S / I Have Just N443 In My Bank Account - Kingtblakhoc Cries Out After Bail / Photos Of Suspects Arrested At The Illegal Brewery Uncovered In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by pekisdgee(m): 5:20am On Aug 23, 2019
My name is Ubuane Peter, I am a web Developer.

I had a client in the name Adeniyi Olayemi. He has been my client for over 6 years,he contact me for jobs had even travel for a meeting/presentation to meetp some of his clients.
Earlier this year, he sent me a job profile and was agreed @ N130,000. An advanced payment of N30,000 was credited to my GTB account and the bal payment to be made at completion of Job. On receiving the credit, i commenced work. After 3 days of commencement, he called to cancel the contract sending another project for me to review and also requested for full refund of the initial payment which i told him was not possible but part will be paid due to relationship as i have already gone far with the project.

In April I made payment of N15,000 to him and also did some other transactions. I informed him that refund has been done. The beneficiaries of all transactions done confirmed receipt but he said he hasn't. Thinking it was network,i asked him to give it some time as it will still drop. After then,he never got back to me on it.

On 22 May I attempted to use the ATM machine for withdrawal but found that i couldn't but instead a display that my accounts have been restricted to visit the nearest bank.
I went to a branch of GTB closest to me but was told they can not work on it nor give reason for the blockage but to visit the Anthony branch where account was opened as restriction was place from there.I went to Anthony branch, customer service said i should reach my account officer as they cannot resolve it. Account officer was called and the branch manager and they said i should go and resolve with one Mr Niyi. Niyi was called and his comment was that the account will be reopened when i make the payment to him. I demanded for the approval for which this was done but bank told me they cannot disclose as it is not a business of mine.
My lawyer wrote to the bank for explanation on why the blockage an also i logged a complaint to GT CONNECT but got no response to my mail from then till date and account was not opened. The bank never contacted me before taking action on my account.
I decided to resolve it, payoff and as i didn't want to make any case cos of the amount involved.
I went to my stanbic bank to reactivate my account but was told my BVN has error but to go to bank where BVN was captured.

I am a law abiding citizen, never been engaged in any unlawful or fraudulent transactions. I have worked for many companies and individuals, never had any issue of fraud with any of my  clients.

Please i beg you to help take this up as my bank could not resolve it and unflag my account. I have done transactions worth millions no fraud will it now be on N30,000?
This guy used his connection with the bank and the bank allowed it.I dont even know the kind of complaint that was logged against me.
Right now i cannot do business with any of my accounts.
Infact all the conversation with the Niyi will be forward for confirmation of my complain and also mail sent to GTB in respect to this.
The bank I will say victimized me and damaged my reputation. I am a Nigeria working hard to fend for myself and family legally.
I need justice on this as no investigation was carried out before this illegal act.
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by AntiWailer: 5:30am On Aug 23, 2019
Report to CBN bros.

Send petition to CBN and detail the illegality.

They have no right to touch Ur account on anybody's instruction.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by JubrinElSudan: 6:10am On Aug 23, 2019
Your lawyer should have copied CBN in the mail he sent, that would have made them to run "hekita sekita " to attend to you.

4 Likes

Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by cenaman(m): 6:19am On Aug 23, 2019
OK
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by JayEntaur(m): 6:26am On Aug 23, 2019
I wonder what allegation he must have made against you, for the bank to place a PND on your account, without recourse to you.

What did your Lawyer advice you on the bank having the right (or not) to restrict your account without pre-informing you?

You might just have to let this one go, by giving him a full refund. See it as losing the battle (N30,000) but not the war (your sanity and peace of mind).
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by JayEntaur(m): 6:29am On Aug 23, 2019
AntiWailer:
Report to CBN bros.

They have no right to touch Ur account in anybody's instruction

Are you sure of the position of the law on this?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by AntiWailer: 6:57am On Aug 23, 2019
JayEntaur:

Are you sure of the position of the law on this?

Of course.

Without any court order or instruction from regulators.

They should never. It is possible the guy used a fake document so u need to put all of them in trouble.
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by lastdon5: 7:11am On Aug 23, 2019
Sorry Op, for your predicament... that's if you're really innocent. As we've all known in Nairaland that there's always 3 perspective to a story: Yours, His and the very truth.

But on the flip side, this is a very good development. A good tool against all these scammers and frauds. They really need to be shown a big lesson.
They have derided us of trust and affection, thereby making us lose our integrity both in Nigeria and beyond.

pls, someone in the know should help us with template of how to report and block frauds bank account and keep then in checks.

This is a REVOLUTION... an economic revolution, for ourselves and our children.

2 Likes

Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by JayEntaur(m): 7:50am On Aug 23, 2019
AntiWailer:

Of course.

Without any court order or instruction from regulators.

They should never. It is possible the guy used a fake document so u need to put all of them in trouble.

Now you're talking.

My emphasis on your earlier comment was this: "They have no right to touch Ur account in anybody's instruction".

But, now you've agreed they have the right on the instruction of a court, via an order. We just don't know if the guy got one, or not.
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by slex(m): 8:03am On Aug 23, 2019
I’ve sold cars for some people and they either stopped picking my calls because they didn’t want to pay me my commission or they blocked my number .

I simply laid a complaint against them and blocked their account and it was because it was blocked they now sent me money “not before signing an undertaken “ that once all accounts are “unblocked” they will pay me my money .

My point is , if you are sure you did nothing wrong then you can sue the man (if your hands are clean) and/or resolve amicably as you deem fit .

2 Likes

Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by AntiWailer: 8:39am On Aug 23, 2019
JayEntaur:

Now you're talking.

My emphasis on your earlier comment was this: "They have no right to touch Ur account in anybody's instruction".

But, now you've agreed they have the right on the instruction of a court, via an order. We just don't know if the guy got one, or not.

He definitely did not.
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by pekisdgee(m): 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2019
what is this one saying?

lastdon5:
Sorry Op, for your predicament... that's if you're really innocent. As we've all known in Nairaland that there's always 3 perspective to a story: Yours, His and the very truth.

But on the flip side, this is a very good development. A good tool against all these scammers and frauds. They really need to be shown a big lesson.
They have derided us of trust and affection, thereby making us lose our integrity both in Nigeria and beyond.

pls, someone in the know should help us with template of how to report and block frauds bank account and keep then in checks.

This is a REVOLUTION... an economic revolution, for ourselves and our children.

1 Like

Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by pekisdgee(m): 3:25pm On Sep 02, 2019
thank you so much, I have done that and the bank are still insisting that they have nail my account and nothing can be done. I'm seriously confused. nigeria is dead

JayEntaur:
I wonder what allegation he must have made against you, for the bank to place a PND on your account, without recourse to you.

What did your Lawyer advice you on the bank having the right (or not) to restrict your account without pre-informing you?

You might just have to let this one go, by giving him a full refund. See it as losing the battle (N30,000) but not the war (your sanity and peace of mind).
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by debetmx(m): 4:34pm On Sep 02, 2019
Just write a formal letter to CBN and copy GTB.

I bet you, na dem go dey beg u.

4 Likes

Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by JayEntaur(m): 5:53pm On Sep 02, 2019
pekisdgee:
thank you so much, I have done that and the bank are still insisting that they have nail my account and nothing can be done. I'm seriously confused. nigeria is dead

Sorry to hear that.

Can you get the guy to write a letter, or do an email, to your bank's hqtrs, stating that it was all a big misunderstanding which you have both amicably resolved, & so they should unfreeze your account?
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by JayEntaur(m): 6:02pm On Sep 02, 2019
slex:
I’ve sold cars for some people and they either stopped picking my calls because they didn’t want to pay me my commission or they blocked my number .

I simply laid a complaint against them and blocked their account and it was because it was blocked they now sent me money “not before signing an undertaken “ that once all accounts are “unblocked” they will pay me my money .

My point is , if you are sure you did nothing wrong then you can sue the man (if your hands are clean) and/or resolve amicably as you deem fit .

Let me get this right. Are you saying you got accounts blocked on the strength of your complaints alone? If so, was it in a bank(s) where you knew someone? I'm asking to clarify because, if true, this is a nice way to put fraudulent/sharp practices people in good check.

1 Like

Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by slex(m): 9:51pm On Sep 02, 2019
JayEntaur:

Let me get this right. Are you saying you got accounts blocked on the strength of your complaints alone? If so, was it in a bank(s) where you knew someone? I'm asking to clarify because, if true, this is a nice way to put fraudulent/sharp practices people in good check.

I didn’t know anyone brother , I complained and I showed my willingness to bring proof of transaction and correspondence.

2 Likes

Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by JayEntaur(m): 10:03pm On Sep 02, 2019
slex:

I didn’t know anyone brother , I complained and I showed my willingness to bring proof of transaction and correspondence.

That's so nice to know. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by pekisdgee(m): 11:01am On Sep 04, 2019
JayEntaur:

Sorry to hear that.

Can you get the guy to write a letter, or do an email, to your bank's hqtrs, stating that it was all a big misunderstanding which you have both amicably resolved, & so they should unfreeze your account?

he has done that no positive response from them. have been writing g to gtb and cbn. what I was told that they will get back to me up til now i can't transact for pass 3months now nigeria Gtb has failed me nigeria is bleeped
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by pekisdgee(m): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2019
debetmx:
Just write a formal letter to CBN and copy GTB.

I bet you, na dem go dey beg u.

I done write taya they are yet to resolve it cbn not sayi g anythi g have been copying them on my mail when sending it to gtb
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by pekisdgee(m): 9:58am On Mar 16, 2020
JayEntaur:

Sorry to hear that.

Bruv i have done all the needsful...they insisted and my lawyer said i should sue them you know what it takes.. since May 2019 my account has been freeze.. kindly advice please
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by pekisdgee(m): 11:09am On May 03, 2020
please i need help my family are hungry and my wife just put to bed and GTB are yet to lifts my account... my people of nairaland HELP YOUR FELLOW BROTHER please let this go to frontpage please Admin i need justice
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by pekisdgee(m): 12:23pm On May 03, 2020
AntiWailer:
Report to CBN bros.

They have no right to touch Ur account on anybody's instruction.

bros i have done that they said GTB should handle it.... Nigeria is bleeped
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by Lanretoye(m): 3:52pm On May 03, 2020
Your lawyer is in 100level.

1 Like

Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by Carfreak966: 4:07pm On May 03, 2020
I am having the same issue but with fidelity bank. They freeze my account when I had a transaction with someone else with my uba account. I think it’s a new thread. You pay someone and they go ahead and report your account. Fidelity bank doesn’t do investigation into it and just goes ahead to freeze. Will sue after I hear their response tomorrow
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by pekisdgee(m): 6:30pm On May 03, 2020
Carfreak966:
I am having the same issue but with fidelity bank. They freeze my account when I had a transaction with someone else with my uba account. I think it’s a new thread. You pay someone and they go ahead and report your account. Fidelity bank doesn’t do investigation into it and just goes ahead to freeze. Will sue after I hear their response tomorrow

can you imagine without police report... how fo this people reason i dont understand.. how can a third party have access to your account without i proper investigation... Nigeria my country i weep

3 Likes

Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by escohido123: 7:42pm On May 03, 2020
The bank do not need any police report or court order to restrict an account.
Once a fraudulent complaint is made by customer,the bank restricts the account pending when Enhanced Due Diligence(EDD) is conducted on the restricted account.
If it is confirmed that transaction was legal and account is not a fraudulent account then restriction will be lifted.
If it us discovered that your account is a fraudulent account, your bvn will be blacklisted.
Your account officer should be able to resolve the issue.
Please let's be careful with our accounts cos once u receive a fraudulent inflow via ur account ur bvn may also be blacklisted.

1 Like

Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by pekisdgee(m): 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
No one is talking about this... please guys help a brother im in pains
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by Nobody: 5:56am On Aug 11, 2020
pekisdgee:
So sorry about that bro. I thought it has been resolved. I will advise you channel your grievance to Gtbank on Twitter, CBN on Twitter and Federal consumer protection council on Twitter also
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by Jabioro: 6:05am On Aug 11, 2020
What nonsense is this coming from a whole corporate body like GTB..The same GTB fraudulent activities will be committed on your account and they tell you they can't do anything with them..Sue the GTB ass..
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by uboma(m): 6:31am On Aug 11, 2020
pekisdgee:

Send a mail with your complaint to,

cpd@cbn.gov.ng
Re: The Illegal Activity On My Account /BVN  By My Bank GTB by pekisdgee(m): 8:04am On Aug 11, 2020
i have send a mail to cpd no favourable response, My acoount have been blocked over A year now, i cant do business i ave have 3 kids at home my lawyer said i should pay 300k to sue the bank where does he want me to get that from when my bvn has been blocked can some help please i seriously need justices on this.
uboma:

Send a mail with your complaint to,

cpd@cbn.gov.ng

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Have Been Drinking Yoruba Agbo, You Might Have Eaten Human Flesh / Yahoo Boys Release Dogs On Policemen In Ogun State (pic/video) / Video: Panic As Another Unknown Gunmen Appear In Imo, Blocking Airport Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.