Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,190 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... (2754 Views)

Glo Introduces New Data Plan. 2GB For N500, 4GB For N1000, 180GB For N20,000 / Glo Introduces New Improved Data Plan / MTN Introduces New Hourly Data Plans For Youtube Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by clems93(m): 8:03pm On Aug 23, 2019
Jumia Global has items you can not find in Nigeria.

The #Jumia_Global_Sale offers you the opportunity to get millions of products coming from abroad at incredible prices.

From AUGUST 26TH - SEPTEMBER 1ST 2019,, you can buy items from overseas,pay in Naira and get them delivered at your door steps.

To enjoy Free / Discounted Local Shipping, contact a Jumia Sales Agent on 07068638905 (calls/text/whatsapp) asap.

Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by yungrylex00(m): 9:33pm On Aug 23, 2019
Ok
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by NnamdiN: 5:43am On Aug 24, 2019
Fraudsters
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by gogeekish(m): 7:32am On Aug 24, 2019
NnamdiN:
Fraudsters
You simply couldn't comprehend business terms and conditions of Jumia?
Why call them fraudsters? What did they do? I guess you had problem with a seller who sells via Jumia platform that didn't make smooth sales to you.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by Bamsherif(m): 8:58am On Aug 24, 2019
they should extend this to ebay, amazon etc as well not only Chinese items
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by Nobody: 10:10am On Aug 24, 2019
Fraudsters grin angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by NnamdiN: 12:43pm On Aug 24, 2019
gogeekish:

You simply couldn't comprehend business terms and conditions of Jumia?
Why call them fraudsters? What did they do? I guess you had problem with a seller who sells via Jumia platform that didn't make smooth sales to you.

no sir, I used to sell on their platform. Their policies will wreck you, they're anti-vendors. These guys will subtly put pressure on customers to return items, so they could charge you the vendor for "disappointing" their customer.

You could order from jumia, use the item as much as you want, then call them and complain, they'd refund you and debit the vendor( No questions asked).
I've had an item of over 150k used and returned for no reason, when I raised a claim, they offered me 10 percent for the item. An item that came sealed, had no issues whatsoever, I even made a video to that effect yet nothing happened.

A 2nd item of about 200k, was returned incomplete and I refused to accept it, till today nothing was done about it.
I have several other items that would come back broken or swapped and when claims are raised these idiots would tell me I shipped the items like that. Like how tf would I bring a broken guitar and it would be accepted and shipped?

There's no guarantee that the items you ship would deliver yet they charge you 3k or double commission if you fail to ship the item. They'd still charge 3k for any returns even of the item costs less than 3k. If that's not thievery then what is?

Do a survey on this forum, ask their vendors to really tell you how they really feel about jumia.
Until they pay me for those items and stop their fraudulent behaviours, they'd remain FRAUDSTERS
Why on earth would a return reason simply be that a customer changed mind and you debit the seller several weeks after the item had been delivered?

And I hope you're not their rep trying to cover for them? coz I can get over 50 people with proofs of how they've been defrauded by these thieves
Jumia is fraudulent and unfair to their vendors.

And yeah, KONGA is bae, any time, any day anywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by Nobody: 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2019
NnamdiN:
no sir, I used to sell on their platform. Their policies will wreck you, they're anti-vendors. These guys will subtly put pressure on customers to return items, so they could charge you the vendor for "disappointing" their customer.

You could order from jumia, use the item as much as you want, then call them and complain, they'd refund you and debit the vendor( No questions asked).
I've had an item of over 150k used and returned for no reason, when I raised a claim, they offered me 10 percent for the item. An item that came sealed, had no issues whatsoever, I even made a video to that effect yet nothing happened.

A 2nd item of about 200k, was returned incomplete and I refused to accept it, till today nothing was done about it.
I have several other items that would come back broken or swapped and when claims are raised these idiots would tell me I shipped the items like that. Like how tf would I bring a broken guitar and it would be accepted and shipped?

There's no guarantee that the items you ship would deliver yet they charge you 3k or double commission if you fail to ship the item. They'd still charge 3k for any returns even of the item costs less than 3k. If that's not thievery then what is?

Do a survey on this forum, ask their vendors to really tell you how they really feel about jumia.
Until they pay me for those items and stop their fraudulent behaviours, they'd remain FRAUDSTERS
Why on earth would a return reason simply be that a customer changed mind and you debit the seller several weeks after the item had been delivered?

And I hope you're not their rep trying to cover for them? coz I can get over 50 people with proofs of how they've been defrauded by these thieves

jumia policy favours customers mostly than sellers.
I bought an mp3 of 20k..its over 2 weeks now and thr mp is good and sound, yet they still call me to return it if I ever find any fault in it.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by NnamdiN: 5:37pm On Aug 24, 2019
krattoss:
I bought an mp3 of 20k..its over 2 weeks now and thr mp is good and sound, yet they still call me to return it if I ever find any fault in it.
thank you for this bro
Now when you return that item, they'd debit the vendor's account by 20k and another 3k for selling a defective item. Then return the item to the vendor in whatever manner you returned it.
Case closed
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by Getintouch2004(m): 10:50am On Aug 25, 2019
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by Getintouch2004(m): 10:52am On Aug 25, 2019
NnamdiN:

Lol, I made a Global Delivery of a phone three days ago, jumia have been calling that I still have 4days to return my product should I have a not too good feeling for the phone. The phone is serving it's purpose for now though, no defects.
Could it be they wanna Know if their customers are overly satisfied? I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by NnamdiN: 11:01am On Aug 25, 2019
Getintouch2004:

Lol, I made a Global Delivery of a phone three days ago, jumia have been calling that I still have 4days to return my product should I have a not too good feeling for the phone. The phone is serving it's purpose for now though, no defects.
Could it be they wanna Know if their customers are overly satisfied? I don't know.
honestly I dont know what they gain by doing that. Why pressure a customer to return something that's working fine? It's very wrong.
On other sites, reasons for return are usually manufacturer defects, item not as described or not working at all , but jumia will tell you to return the item if you just changed your mind(even after using it)
No problem if the cost is on them but these fooools will bundle it back to the vendor and charge the vendor as well.
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by NnamdiN: 11:03am On Aug 25, 2019
Bamsherif:
they should extend this to ebay, amazon etc as well not only Chinese items
they cant work with Americans. Those ones dont take nonsense.
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by Getintouch2004(m): 11:10am On Aug 25, 2019
NnamdiN:
honestly I dont know what they gain by doing that. Why pressure a customer to return something that's working fine? It's very wrong.
On other sites, reasons for return are usually manufacturer defects, item not as described or not working at all , but jumia will tell you to return the item if you just changed your mind(even after using it)
No problem if the cost is on them but these fooools will bundle it back to the vendor and charge the vendor as well.

So now, for every return jumia gets a profit out of it? wow. They are really enslaving and extorting you people for real.

I've never shopped on konga before. Their stuffs are usually on the high side as compared to other online sales outlet I know
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by NnamdiN: 11:18am On Aug 25, 2019
Getintouch2004:

So now, for every return jumia gets a profit out of it? wow. They are really enslaving and extorting you people for real.

I've never shopped on konga before. Their stuffs are usually on the high side as compared to other online sales outlet I know
yes. They profit on Every after sales return. Prices on jumia are low coz the vendors are literally hustling for peanuts. Jumia even earns more than a lot of their vendors.
And there are too many of them selling same items. Some even sell below cost price.
Jumia is a ticking time bomb still
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
NnamdiN:
yes. They profit on Every after sales return. Prices on jumia are low coz the vendors are literally hustling for peanuts. Jumia even earns more than a lot of their vendors.
And there are too many of them selling same items. Some even sell below cost price.
I think they re trying to establish customer trust first.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by NnamdiN: 1:29pm On Aug 25, 2019
krattoss:
I think they re trying to establish customer trust first.
they're already over 7 years , who doesn't know jumia?
Bro if you know what vendors pass through in the hands of jumia, youd weep for them.
If I begin to list them here, a lot of people would use it to cause more harm to the vendors.
But whatever your complain is, as a customer, jumia accepts it and transfers the cost to the vendor

attached is one of my returns. Jumia told me I shipped the item like that. Even if I dey craze, can I bring something as damaged as that to ship?

Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by MrBONE2(m): 3:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
NnamdiN:

grin

Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by MrBONE2(m): 4:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
NnamdiN:
they're already over 7 years , who doesn't know jumia?
Bro if you know what vendors pass through in the hands of jumia, youd weep for them.
If I begin to list them here, a lot of people would use it to cause more harm to the vendors.
But whatever your complain is, as a customer, jumia accepts it and transfers the cost to the vendor

attached is one of my returns. Jumia told me I shipped the item like that. Even if I dey craze, can I bring something as damaged as that to ship?

grin

Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by SaintUlot: 7:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
krattoss:

To the best of my knowledge, jumia return policy is 7 days, this is unbelievable to me
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by SaintUlot: 7:51pm On Aug 25, 2019
NnamdiN:
thank you for this bro
Now when you return that item, they'd debit the vendor's account by 20k and another 3k for selling a defective item. Then return the item to the vendor in whatever manner you returned it.
Case closed

I think the 3k penalty for sellers is a welcome development because of sellers who deliberately sell fake products.

4 Likes

Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by SaintUlot: 7:56pm On Aug 25, 2019
Getintouch2004:

How come i haven't received this type of call, even though i do buy several things from jumia.
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by NnamdiN: 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
SaintUlot:

I think the 3k penalty for sellers is a welcome development because of sellers who deliberately sell fake products.
it's not just a penalty for fake items. It's for everytime a customer returns items.

And it hasn't even stopped the fakes.
The vendors still beat the system
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by Getintouch2004(m): 11:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
SaintUlot:

How come i haven't received this type of call, even though i do buy several things from jumia.

lol, I'm a "heavy" buyer
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by gloriaunobi(f): 9:31am On Aug 26, 2019
They also called to inform me that I can return my package after 7 days

1 Like

Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by clems93(m): 10:16am On Aug 26, 2019

Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by NnamdiN: 10:21am On Aug 26, 2019
gloriaunobi:
imagine
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by SaintUlot: 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2019
NnamdiN:
it's not just a penalty for fake items. It's for everytime a customer returns items.

And it hasn't even stopped the fakes.
The vendors still beat the system

How do the vendors beat the system?
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by SaintUlot: 3:10pm On Aug 26, 2019
gloriaunobi:

What is the process to return an item after 7 days have passed?
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by NnamdiN: 3:17pm On Aug 26, 2019
SaintUlot:

How do the vendors beat the system?
for TV's, they brand it, give it their own name. Instead of fake LG tv, itll now be "DESK" or "LGI" for instance.

Same item, just different name
Re: Jumia Introduces #jumia_global_sale... Abroad Items At Affordable Prices... by obojememe: 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2019
i am seriously deleting their app on my phone...
NnamdiN:

(1) (Reply)

Phones With 48mp Camera You Can Buy In 2020 / Direct UK Used Phones / At Last! Get Connected To; Mtn,zain&etisalat Customer Care Within 3-5minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.