Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,421 members, 7,819,516 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

What Happened To Cartoons - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Happened To Cartoons (895 Views)

What Happened To TSTV? / 50 Cartoons That Were Shown On Nigerian Television In The 1970s And '80s. / For Cartoon Lovers: What Are Your Favorite Cartoons?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happened To Cartoons by MaxiMind(m): 10:56pm On Aug 23, 2019
Did some reminiscing recently about the good old days of Ben 10, Generator Rex, Danny Phantom, secret Saturdays, chaotic, class of the titans etc, classic stuff but now cartoons are not as good. And it's not a maturity thing, they're genuinely not as good, it'll suck to be a kid in this age�. Who else noticed?

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Cartoons by jovialswag(m): 11:59pm On Aug 23, 2019
Evolution
Dino squad
Fat dog mendoza
Atomic betty
chop chucky chuks
undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: What Happened To Cartoons by Modernist: 12:20am On Aug 24, 2019
Silver hawk
Thunder Cat
Pinky and the brain
Looney toons
Betty boop
X Men
Danger mouse
Freakazoid
Dexters lab
Power puff girls
Jonny bravo

3 Likes

Re: What Happened To Cartoons by Oluwasaeon(m): 3:48am On Aug 24, 2019
Modernist:
Silver hawk
Thunder Cat
Pinky and the brain
Looney toons
Betty boop
X Men
Danger mouse
Freakazoid
Dexters lab
Power puff girls
Jonny bravo
Bikers Mice
Re: What Happened To Cartoons by Oluwasaeon(m): 3:49am On Aug 24, 2019
Modernist:
Silver hawk
Thunder Cat
Pinky and the brain
Looney toons
Betty boop
X Men
Danger mouse
Freakazoid
Dexters lab
Power puff girls
Jonny bravo
Bikers Mice
Godzilla
Re: What Happened To Cartoons by MaxiMind(m): 10:28am On Aug 24, 2019
grin Here's another classic lineup(for me anyways).
Digital defenders
TMNT
sigma six
SRMTHFG
Grossology
Witches
Codename kids next door
Dragon buster
Hero 108
Mummy Alive
Bakugan
Redakai
Re: What Happened To Cartoons by GreatAchiever1: 11:17am On Aug 24, 2019
MaxiMind:
Did some reminiscing recently about the good old days of Ben 10, Generator Rex, Danny Phantom, secret Saturdays, chaotic, class of the titans etc, classic stuff but now cartoons are not as good. And it's not a maturity thing, they're genuinely not as good, it'll suck to be a kid in this age�. Who else noticed?
my guy i no go lie u, u don mature, i still watch some new cartoons and i can say some are still o.k.
Re: What Happened To Cartoons by MaxiMind(m): 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2019
For those with the love of all things animated and cool so Otakus, gamers join up.
We got memes, memes and more memes, comic battles(friendly discussion or maybe not ⚔), spine tickling tales, did I mention the memes� and lots more.
https:///2349069756723?text=I%20see%20you're%20a%20person%20of%20culture%20too%F0%9F%91%8F%F0%9F%91%8D.%20What%20might%20I%20call%20you%3F.%20_____
Re: What Happened To Cartoons by hakinze00(m): 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
I think the better cartoons these days are all produced for movie cinemas while the series one like the ones u are referring to are being produced with low budgets so I guess that's why dey are not good enough but we still have few good ones but most of them are anime though eg Young Justice, Spongebob Squarepants, Naruto: Shippûden, One Punch Man, My Hero Academia,Attack on titan etc.

Modified: I just realised I lost concentration when listing my first examples. It has been corrected now
Re: What Happened To Cartoons by Ejadike(m): 5:51pm On Aug 25, 2019
hakinze00:
I think the better cartoons these days are all produced for movie cinemas while the series one like the ones u are referring to are being produced with low budgets so I guess that's why dey are not good enough but we still have few good ones still on like Spongebob Squarepants, Rick and Morty, The Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy etc.
Thought South Park talks too explicit things? Anyway, kids should watch some comedy on Vskit and have some laughs
Re: What Happened To Cartoons by MaxiMind(m): 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
hakinze00:
I think the better cartoons these days are all produced for movie cinemas while the series one like the ones u are referring to are being produced with low budgets so I guess that's why dey are not good enough but we still have few good ones still on like Spongebob Squarepants, Rick and Morty, The Simpsons, South Park, Family Guy etc.
These shows are intended for mature auditions and they aren't new
Re: What Happened To Cartoons by Nobody: 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
No Tom and Jerry can top Fred Quimby's version.

I can never watch the later versions. That's a betrayal to my hommie, Fred. RIP.

Re: What Happened To Cartoons by biosystech: 8:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
Nothing happened. Animes took over! grin

Kimetsu no Yaiba
Black Clover
Bore-uto
Shingeki no kyojin
Inuyashiki
Tenki no ko (yet to watch)
Your name (yet to watch too)
Code Geass
Psycho pass
Parasyte
Re: What Happened To Cartoons by tafat: 3:03am On Aug 27, 2019
i dont think the laughs on vskit are for kids alone, adults too need to download that app and indulge, it helps relieve stress.
Ejadike:
Thought South Park talks too explicit things? Anyway, kids should watch some comedy on Vskit and have some laughs

(1) (Reply)

Finally Out Selina Tested Episode 18 Watch Full Video / Postcards Season 1 (S01) Download / Check Out The New Real Life "transformers Movie" It's A Must See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.