Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,924 members, 7,956,470 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 (4559 Views)

"Igboho Is Not Our Freedom Fighter" - Southern Youths Reject Igboho / Nnamdi Kanu’s Family To FG: Don’t Manhandle Our Son, He's Only A Freedom Fighter / Meet Major Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by OruExpress: 2:35am On Oct 19, 2019
Why you feel the need to juxtapose this with Biafra is beyond me. There are a lot of ethnic groups in Nigeria, that don't seem to have an identity outside of being opposition to Igbo people.
Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by Afamed: 6:38am On Oct 19, 2019
imhotep:
Meanwhile in Ijawland

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed
You ought to have changed this your banner. It's 3 year old now. Anyway I understand, since, it's your only consolation with Asari
Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by orisa37: 6:58am On Oct 19, 2019
moscobabs:
Freedom fighter, Major Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro (September 10, 1938 – May 9, 1968) after his arrest, March 7, 1966.

Before Ojukwu, there was Boro. Before Biafra, there was the Niger Delta Republic.

Boro was an undergraduate student of Chemistry and student union president at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, but he left school to lead an armed protest against the exploitation of oil and gas resources in the Niger Delta areas which benefited mainly the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Eastern region with capital at Enugu.

Boro believed that the people of the area deserved a larger share of proceeds of the oil wealth because nothing was given to the Niger Delta people. He formed the Niger Delta Volunteer Force, an armed militia with members consisting mainly of his fellow Ijaw ethnic group, declared the Niger Delta Republic on February 23, 1966, and fought Nigeria's federal forces for 12 days but were eventually defeated.

Boro and his comrades were then jailed by the Aguiyi-Ironsi Federal Military Government for treason.

Before he declared the Niger Delta Republic, Boro's father, a learned educationist, had offered his son sponsorship abroad to further his education rather than take up arms against the government. The senior Boro feared that the action would ruin the family but Boro rejected his father’s offer.

He explained that: "The Ijaws were going into perpetual bondage; if we do not strike now, not only our families but also the entire Ijaws would be infernally chained.”

On his declaration of the secession of the Niger Delta Republic on February 23, 1966, Boro exclaimed:

"Today is a great day, not only in your lives but also in the history of the Niger Delta. Perhaps, it will be the greatest day for a very long time. This is not because we are going to bring the heavens down, but because we are going to demonstrate to the world what and how we feel about oppression.

"Remember your 70-year-old grandmother who still farms before she eats; remember also your poverty-stricken people; remember, too, your petroleum which is being pumped out daily from your veins; and then fight for your freedom.

"Before today, we were branded robbers, bandits, terrorists or gangsters, but after today, we shall be heroes of our land."
However, Boro went on to fight for Nigeria against Biafra during the Civil War but was killed under mysterious circumstances in active service on May 9, 1968, at Ogu (near Okrika) in Rivers State. He was 29.

https://www.facebook.com/1778730488905081/posts/2250951751682950/

He was jailed by Aguiyi Ironsi. He fought against Biafra. What a Nigerian! What a real Patriot! What a Man indeed!

1 Like

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 19, 2019
Afamed:

You ought to have changed this your banner. It's 3 year old now. Anyway I understand, since, it's your only consolation with Asari
How can the banner be 3 years old when you can clearly see 2019 printed on it?

See what APC has done to you grin
Receive Sense.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii slap44

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by Afamed: 8:39am On Oct 19, 2019
imhotep:

How can the banner be 3 years old when you can clearly see 2019 printed on it?

See what APC has done to you grin
Receive Sense.

Cc lzaa gmbuharii slap44
Keep quiet, this is the banner you edited to promote your Biafra alliance with Asari this year. The original banner outlook has been in existence since time immemorial
Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 19, 2019
Afamed:

Keep quiet, this is the banner you edited to promote your Biafra alliance with Asari this year. The original banner outlook has been in existence since time immemorial
This is what Daura leadership has done to your eyesight grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by LZAA: 9:33am On Oct 19, 2019
imhotep:

This is what Daura leadership has done to your eyesight grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 5:06pm On Oct 20, 2019
IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS AND THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NATIONAL POLITICAL PROBLEMS Do you know that when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of Nigeria; Chief of Army Staff was from SE Chief of Naval Staff was from SE IG of Police was from SE Chief of Defence Staff was from SE Internal Affairs Minister SE External Affairs Minister SE Education Minister South SE Many other key ministries to SE Parliament President SE Unilag VC from SE The University of Ibadan VC from SE North resisted same at ABU! Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!! Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed. Then Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it! We must know our history so that when we want to make corrections, we will not end up concealing the truth. This has nothing to do with tribalism but everything to do with the truth.....at times when lies litter the streets. There is a tendency to think those are truths and facts. *"What follows are documented facts that can be cross-checked for authenticity!"* Thou shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. *“Prof. Ben Nwabueze was the man who drafted the constitution that took away powers from regions and handed it to the central govt because his brother Aguiyi Ironsi was the head of state then. Today, he is shouting restructuring that he helped to destroy. We won’t forget.”

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 6:51am On Oct 31, 2019
A young man saw his primary school teacher at a ceremony.

He greeted him with lots of respect and admiration, then said to him "Can you still recognize me Sir?"

'I don't think so' said the Teacher.

"The student recounted "I was your Student in the pry 5, I stole a wrist watch belonging to my classmate then, he came crying to you that his wrist watch had been stolen and you ordered all Students in the class to stand on a straight line, facing the wall with our hands up and our eyes closed so you could check our pockets."

"At that point, I became jittery and terrified of the outcome of the search. The shame I will face after other Students discovered that I stole the Watch, the opinions my Teachers will form about me, the thought of being named a 'thief' till I leave the School and my Parent's reaction when they get to know about my action. All these thoughts flowing across my mind, when suddenly it was my turn to be checked. I felt your hand slipped into my pocket and you brought out the Watch."

"I was gripped with fear, expecting the worse to be announced. I was surprised I didn't hear anything, but Sir, you continued searching other Students' pockets till you got to the last person."

"When the search was over, you asked us to open our eyes and sit on our Chairs."

"I was afraid to sit because I was thinking you will call me out soon after everyone was seated."

"But to my amazement, you showed the watch to the class, gave it to the owner and you never mentioned the name of the one who stole the watch."

"You didn't say a word to me, and you never mentioned the incident to anyone."

"Throughout my stay in the school, no Teacher or Student knew what happened. This incident naturally taught me a great lesson and I resolved in my heart never to take whatever wasn't mine I thought to myself, you saved my dignity."

Do you remember the story now Sir?"

The teacher replied, ''I vividly remember the story that I found the Watch in a pocket but I did not know in whose pocket because I searched your pockets while I also had my eyes closed."

Author : Alex ojonemi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 10:03pm On Nov 10, 2019
The mother-in-law/daughter-in-law relationship is one of the most interesting relationships in marriage and family life. These two people can be the best of friends or the worst of enemies. For the daughter-in-law, it could be like gaining
a second mother or it could be entering a relationship filled with tension and jealousy.

This story is a MUST read for every woman who has a son and hope for him to get married someday, and for the ladies hoping to get married too someday.

REMEMBER, EVERY MOTHER-IN-LAW WAS ONCE A DAUGHTER-IN-LAW

A long time ago in China, a girl named Li-Li got married & went to live with her husband and mother-in-law. In a very short time, Li-Li found that she couldn't get along with her
mother-in-law at all. Their personalities were very different, and Li-Li was angered by many of her mother-in-law' s habits. In addition, she criticized Li-Li constantly. Days passed, and weeks passed. Li-Li and her mother-in-law never stopped arguing and fighting. But what made the situation even worse was that, according to ancient Chinese tradition, Li-Li had to bow to her mother-in-law and obey her every wish. All the anger and unhappiness in the house was causing Li-Li's > poor husband great distress.

Finally, Li-Li could not stand her mother-in-law' s bad
temper and dictatorship any longer, and she decided to do something about it! Li-Li went to see her father's good friend, Mr. Huang, who sold herbs. She told him the situation and asked if he would give her some poison so that she could solve the problem once and for all.

Mr. Huang thought for a while, and finally said, 'Li-Li, I will help you solve your problem, but you must listen to me and obey what I tell you.' Li-Li said, 'Yes, Mr. Huang, I will do whatever you tell me to do. 'Mr. Huang went into the back room, and returned in a few minutes with a package of herbs. He told Li-Li, 'You can't use a quick-acting poison to get rid of your mother-in-law, because that would cause
people to become suspicious.

Therefore, I have given you a number of herbs that will slowly build up poison in her body. Every other day prepare some delicious meal and put a little of these herbs in her serving. Now, in order to make sure that nobody suspects you, when she dies, you must be very careful to act very friendly towards her. 'Don't argue with her, obey her every wish, and treat her like a queen.' Li-Li was so happy. She
thanked Mr. Huang and hurried home to start her plot of murdering her mother-in-law. Weeks went by, and months went by, and every other day, Li-Li served the specially treated food to her mother-in-law. She remembered what Mr. Huang had said about avoiding suspicion, so she controlled her temper, obeyed her mother-in-law, and treated her like her own mother.

After six months had passed, the whole household had changed. Li-Li had practiced controlling her temper so much that she found that she almost never got mad or upset. She hadn't had an argument with her mother-in-law in six months because she now seemed much kinder and easier to get along with.

The mother-in-law' s attitude towards Li-Li changed, and
she began to love Li-Li like her own daughter. She kept telling friends and relatives that Li-Li was the best daughter-in- law one could ever find. Li-Li and her mother-in-law were now treating each other like a real mother and daughter. Li-Li's husband was very happy to see what was happening. One day, Li-Li came to see Mr. Huang and asked for his help again She said,' Dear Mr. Huang, please help me to keep the poison from killing my mother-in-law.

She's changed into such a nice woman, and I love her like my own mother. I do not want her to die because of the
poison I gave her.'

Mr. Huang smiled and nodded his head. 'Li-Li, there's nothing to worry about. I never gave you any poison. The herbs I gave you were vitamins to improve her health. The only poison was in your mind and your attitude towards her, but that has been all washed away by the love which you gave to her.'

HAVE YOU REALIZED that how you treat others is exactly how they will treat you? There is a wise Chinese saying: 'the person who loves others will also be loved in return. 'God might be trying to work in another person's life through you.

2 Likes

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 9:29am On Nov 11, 2019
They called it "The Vulture and the little girl".

This photo of a vulture waiting for a starving Sudanese girl to die was taken by Kevin Carter who later won the Pulitzer for this picture, but he lived just few months to enjoy his supposed achievement because he later got depressed and took his own life.

He was actually savouring his feat and being celebrated on major news channels and networks world wide.

His depression started when during one of such interviews (phone in program) someone phoned on and asked him what happened to the child. He replied, "I didn't wait to find out after this shot as I had a plane to catch."...
And the person replied,
"I put it to you that there were two vultures on that day. One had a camera".

His constant thought of that statement, led to depression and his ultimate suicide.

In whatsoever we do, let humanity come first before what we can gain out of the situation.

Kevin Carter could have been alive today if he just picked that little girl up and taken her to the United Nation's feeding Center where she was attempting to reach.

#LetLoveLead
#HumanityFirst

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by Dedetwo(m): 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2019
moscobabs:
Freedom fighter, Major Isaac Jasper Adaka Boro (September 10, 1938 – May 9, 1968) after his arrest, March 7, 1966.

Before Ojukwu, there was Boro. Before Biafra, there was the Niger Delta Republic.

Boro was an undergraduate student of Chemistry and student union president at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, but he left school to lead an armed protest against the exploitation of oil and gas resources in the Niger Delta areas which benefited mainly the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Eastern region with capital at Enugu.

Boro believed that the people of the area deserved a larger share of proceeds of the oil wealth because nothing was given to the Niger Delta people. He formed the Niger Delta Volunteer Force, an armed militia with members consisting mainly of his fellow Ijaw ethnic group, declared the Niger Delta Republic on February 23, 1966, and fought Nigeria's federal forces for 12 days but were eventually defeated.

Boro and his comrades were then jailed by the Aguiyi-Ironsi Federal Military Government for treason.

Before he declared the Niger Delta Republic, Boro's father, a learned educationist, had offered his son sponsorship abroad to further his education rather than take up arms against the government. The senior Boro feared that the action would ruin the family but Boro rejected his father’s offer.

He explained that: "The Ijaws were going into perpetual bondage; if we do not strike now, not only our families but also the entire Ijaws would be infernally chained.”

On his declaration of the secession of the Niger Delta Republic on February 23, 1966, Boro exclaimed:

"Today is a great day, not only in your lives but also in the history of the Niger Delta. Perhaps, it will be the greatest day for a very long time. This is not because we are going to bring the heavens down, but because we are going to demonstrate to the world what and how we feel about oppression.

"Remember your 70-year-old grandmother who still farms before she eats; remember also your poverty-stricken people; remember, too, your petroleum which is being pumped out daily from your veins; and then fight for your freedom.

"Before today, we were branded robbers, bandits, terrorists or gangsters, but after today, we shall be heroes of our land."

However, Boro went on to fight for Nigeria against Biafra during the Civil War but was killed under mysterious circumstances in active service on May 9, 1968, at Ogu (near Okrika) in Rivers State. He was 29.

https://www.facebook.com/1778730488905081/posts/2250951751682950/

Crass irresponsibility to mention a traitor such as Boro, Biafra and Ojukwu in the same sentence. The dumbass wanted independence for his so-called people (Ijo) and yet turned around to fight the people who wanted the same thing for their people, including Ijo. The jackass was a willing tool which was used to oppress his people. Abuja was worse than Sagbama or Nembe when fool fought for his slave masters. However today, only drooling fool will insinuate to place Sagbama or Nembe in the sentence with Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 8:10pm On Nov 15, 2019
TIP FOR WINNING YOUR HUSBAND'S TRUST BY YOUNGBISHOP

Don't be careless with your husband's information: Take this from me, men don't joke with information. When your husband grants you access to his personal information he expects you to protect them. Information such as his source of his income, amount he earns, his weakness, plans for the future. Listen, men are creatures of secrets. Once you're careless with your husband's information you're weakening his confidence in you. Your husband won't take you serious once he observes you're careless with his information. Men find security in how hidden their information is. Have you noticed that in secrets and business deals men don't like involving women? As a wife keep the information your husband reveals to you.

In Addy my Spiritual director Dr Gosple agochukwu��� 28th is your day.

Impact team
The Ozugbo generation
Evangelist Dr Gosple agochukwu JP is my father.

Evangelist Jerry prosper
©youngbishop 2019.

1 Like

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by softplaceng: 9:26pm On Nov 15, 2019
moscobabs:
TIP FOR WINNING YOUR HUSBAND'S TRUST BY YOUNGBISHOP

Don't be careless with your husband's information: Take this from me, men don't joke with information. When your husband grants you access to his personal information he expects you to protect them. Information such as his source of his income, amount he earns, his weakness, plans for the future. Listen, men are creatures of secrets. Once you're careless with your husband's information you're weakening his confidence in you. Your husband won't take you serious once he observes you're careless with his information. Men find security in how hidden their information is. Have you noticed that in secrets and business deals men don't like involving women? As a wife keep the information your husband reveals to you.

In Addy my Spiritual director Dr Gosple agochukwu��� 28th is your day.

Impact team
The Ozugbo generation
Evangelist Dr Gosple agochukwu JP is my father.

Evangelist Jerry prosper
©youngbishop 2019.

hmmm
Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by Johans1991: 9:40pm On Nov 15, 2019
moscobabs:
IGBO POLITICAL LEADERS AND THEIR PAST MISADVENTURES RESULTING IN CURRENT NATIONAL POLITICAL PROBLEMS Do you know that when Tafawa Balewa was Prime Minister of Nigeria; Chief of Army Staff was from SE Chief of Naval Staff was from SE IG of Police was from SE Chief of Defence Staff was from SE Internal Affairs Minister SE External Affairs Minister SE Education Minister South SE Many other key ministries to SE Parliament President SE Unilag VC from SE The University of Ibadan VC from SE North resisted same at ABU! Still, there was dissatisfaction by SE, the officers from the region killed this same Balewa!!!! Out of all the most senior officers in Nigeria, SE has 37, none was killed. 8 from the north, all of them were killed. 10 from the west, 2 were killed. Then Ironsi imposed a unitary system of government on the country so that everything can belong to a region who snatched it! We must know our history so that when we want to make corrections, we will not end up concealing the truth. This has nothing to do with tribalism but everything to do with the truth.....at times when lies litter the streets. There is a tendency to think those are truths and facts. *"What follows are documented facts that can be cross-checked for authenticity!"* Thou shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. *“Prof. Ben Nwabueze was the man who drafted the constitution that took away powers from regions and handed it to the central govt because his brother Aguiyi Ironsi was the head of state then. Today, he is shouting restructuring that he helped to destroy. We won’t forget.”
no mind the foolish hypocrites,they believed that everybody is a fool ,the decision they took 60yrs back is now dangling on their faces and they are blaming others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by effty(m): 10:13pm On Nov 15, 2019
gidgiddy:

The difference is that before you can secede, you must first be controlling the area that you want to secede.

Ojukwu was in control of the Eastern Region, he seceded and called it Biafra

Isaac Boro was not controlling anywhere and nobody knows till today what area he was declaring Niger Delta Republic

If I like I can go to my backyard and declare "Enugu Republic", it doesnt mean anything because I dont control Enugu.
His idea of Niger Delta republic was only the Members area of Bayelsa. Such a deluded fellow.
Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 10:46am On Nov 18, 2019
Accept life as it comes... remembering that everything happens according to ALLAH Almighty's will and Nobody can change His plans...
"He knows what is before them and what is behind them: and to ALLAH go back all questions (for decision). ". Noble Qur'an, Surah Al Hajj (22:76)
Do not judge the facts or events for the immediate results! Almighty ALLAH, the Highest, the Omniscient and the Wise, knows more.

When we faced by circumstances that are no good, we react quickly, "This is not good." but, perhaps we did not know the reason behind it. It can become a good thing also. Hence, from next time onward, when we face any type of situation. Let us not jump into any conclusion, always remember. This life is a test. The good and the bad, nothing happen without any reason. Our mind is not prepared to understand the reason...Barika Jimoh!!!!!!
Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by Arda1000(m): 11:42am On Nov 18, 2019
brightokechukwu:
"Major" Isaac Adaka Boro took up arms to fight the Biafrans defending Port Harcourt and his riverine areas, Isaac Boro led the 15th brigade of the Third Marine Commandos, a unit composed exclusively of men and officers from his earlier insurrection of 1966 which was crushed in 12 days under Man Gen Ironsi's government. This men were placed reabsorbed into the Nigerian army, re-trained and deployed in areas like Afam, Bonny Island, Eleme, Okrika(where Boro was killed) and other areas. The Nigerian soldiers in their advance towards PH came under a baptism of hell in form of bullets, mortars, shells etc under Biafran soldiers gallantly defending their grounds... Isaac Boro and his band of Ijaw warriors stepped in to save the Nigerian soldiers from embarrassing defeats suffered on all fronts... and they did a fantastic job of pushing the Biafrans rapidly back towards Port Harcourt, using swift movements through the badly exposed and defended Biafran flanks and rears using secret routes and marshlands (of course they knew the terrains very well, Rivers was their ancestral home and they thought they were fighting to restore the pride and freedom of their people that were under Biafran occupation). The 15 infantry brigade of the 3 marine commando division taught the inept Nigerian army the art of warfare by succeeding where their Nigerian counterparts failed ... the Ijaw soldiers were welcomed as true heroes, they were hailed as the liberators in each town, village, hamlet that they captured from the fleeing Biafran soldiers...

While the fame and legend of Boro and his Ijaw warriors were spreading all over Port Harcourt and its environs, Adekunle's fortunes began to dwindle, been the type that wanted all glory to himself, it was simply inconceivable that some Ijaw small boy, some bloody civilian in military uniform and his rag-tag bunch would dare steal the spotlight from him, been the narcissist that he was... that would never happen that it would be written in history that Isaac Boro was the true hero of Port Harcourt sector.

So Boro had to be eliminated, he had to die... but it had to be deceptively done to erase any dint of suspicion or conspiracy on the part of his command structure to eliminate the young Ijaw warrior. Isaac had to be killed in the heat of battle to make it seem like he died fighting against the "rebels", but he was to be felled by friendly fire... and not from bullets from the "rebels".

Isaac Boro's last battle was marred with devious irony, a melancholic twist of fate in an otherwise glorious journey... he died in Okrika(the last major town held by Biafran soldiers) and just few miles from coveted prize... the golden gate of Port harcout itself. Colonel Adekunle eliminated Isaac Boro in the heat and confusion of battle, a fierce battle that raged for 9 bloody hours. The bullets that killed Isaac came from his rear: the guns of his own comrades-in-arms...
how u guys twist stories really baffles me.
Adaka Boro defending PH and Dying from a friendl fire?

1 Like

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2019
Of all who lost their lives in the January 15, 1966 coup, only Samuel Ladoke Akintola (1910-1966) who was the 13th Aare Ona Kakanfo - Field Marshal General (1964-1966) of Yorubaland died fighting back.

After the previous Kakanfo, Aare Latosa who reigned from 1871 to 1885, no one had the courage to accept the title for 79 years because of the mysterious curse associated with it.

Since Alaafin Ajagbo inaugurated the first Aare Kokoro Gangan (Scorpion) of Iwoye in 1650, no Aare was expected to live long and enjoy a soft death.

Akintola was killed brutally by Captain Emmanuel Nwobosi during the coup and the curse continued when his successor MKO Abiola (1937-1998) also died under mysterious circumstances in July 1998.

The Aare Ona Kakanfo title had been vacant for 19 years until Otunba Ganiyu Adams was invested with it as the 15th Aare Ona Kakanfo by Alaafin Adeyemi III on October 14, 2017.
Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 8:05pm On Nov 24, 2019
Ladi Kwali:The Woman on The N20 Note :

Nigeria's best known potter who was awarded a Doctorate and was made MBE in 1963 for the level of detail and skill she utilized while making her pots.

Ladi Dosei Kwali (1925-1983) popularly known as Dr Ladi Kwali was born in 1925 in Kwali town in the present Federal Capital Territory, Abuja,Nigeria.

Probably she is the best known of the Abuja potters. Making pots was women’s work in Kwali and the entire Gwari villages, therefore Ladi came to Abuja (the then Suleja) with knowledge of traditional Gwari pottery.

She did not at first take to the idea of using wheels and kilns and the other paraphernalia of the European potter, but proved to have a natural ability to throw. She was picked from her traditional home Kwali to the then Abuja the present Suleja because of her natural ability in making pots.

The Abuja Pottery Training Centre was established 1950 by an English potter, Michael Cardew, who was sent to the Abuja area by the then colonial government, ostensibly to improve the quality of local work. But he found himself, for the next 15 years, in a symbiotic working relationship with local potters, in which he taught and was taught by potters like Ladi Kwali.

While Cardew introduced wheels and kilns to the centre, he also learnt about traditional firing methods and ornamentation. Kwali on the other hand, was initially reluctant to adapt to the wheel, preferring the spiralled coil method of building pots. She however, discovered she had a natural flair for the wheel. Cardew encouraged her to decorate her work, something she had not done before, and he even fired some of her traditional work in the Abuja kiln.

Ladi was later to become a very popular member of the touring lecture team; her easy nature and ability to communicate made her well liked and appreciated in Europe, Britain and America. She became Nigeria’s best known potter and has been honoured in many ways; she was given a doctorate.

By the time she died in 1983, Dr Ladi Kwali was Nigeria’s best known potter. She left a rich legacy of her work and a school of ‘students’ who picked up from where she left at the Abuja Pottery Training Centre. Over the next decade, her ornamentation skills
became more sophisticated, and probably because of improved firing methods, she had the opportunity to
exhibit her work in Europe in 1958, 1959 and 1962.

Her pottery was also displayed during Nigeria’s independence celebrations in 1960. Dr Ladi Kwali remained associated with the Abuja pottery works till she died. She gave lectures and demonstrations at home and abroad on her craft throughout her career.

Source:http://www.kwalilobwoiunion.org/dr-ladi-kwali/

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 8:07pm On Nov 24, 2019
Chioma posts a photo of herself on Facebook. A hundred men commented, all flattering her. She ignores their compliments and silently hopes that she'll get a notification informing her that Bayo has commented on her photo.

Bayo is on the phone, trying desperately to get through to Funmi ... his love. He has called her fifteen times already, but she has not answered. His heart pounds. He needs to hear her voice, like a crack addict and his substance.

Funmi is in Musa’s house, doing the dishes. She intentionally ignores Bayo’s calls. She doesn't want to deal with the drama of lying about her location.

Musa is at the ATM. He has to transfer funds to Zainab. She had asked him for money to buy a new phone. He had promised to send it that afternoon. He can't afford to look bad before his crush. He told Funmi he had to get something from his boss, so he left her at his place.

Zainab is on the phone with Uche. She's trying to calm him down. He told her he needed some money to complete his little brother's hospital bill. She is assuring him that she'll get some money shortly, and send it to him. She was waiting for Musa to transfer the money.

Uche's palms are sweaty. His heart is racing. His mind is clouded with thoughts. How could he not have used protection, he thought to himself. He has to send the money to Ekaette so she could go ahead and have the abortion. He just got off the phone with Zainab, and she promised to send the money shortly.

Ekaette is slipping into depression. She is sitting in the hospital restroom staring at the poison she's holding. Her wedding is in a week. Now she's pregnant for another man. She understands her church will have to run a pregnancy test in a few days. Her fiancé had not touched her in months. How could she explain her way out of this mess.

She thinks of Sule, her fiancé. Then she thinks of her mother, and her head almost explodes from pain. Uche has to send the money or she'll end her life, she thought to herself.

Its been five minutes since Sule wrote "My beautiful princess. Looking astonishingly beautiful" on Chioma’s photo on Facebook.

--The Big Circle--

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 5:26pm On Nov 25, 2019
ABROAD HUSBAND... by Amaka Chukwunyere

It is almost that time of the year again when all our brothers return home from "the abroad". Soon, they will come from all parts of the world- America, Europe, The Philippines, Malaysia, South Africa, China, Turkey,Indonesia and even Sudan- to celebrate Christmas.

It doesn't matter where they come from, they will come with a black American accent. Even the ones that came from Sudan will come with pounds and dollars. Because the default currency for "the abroad" people is dollars. Abroad person that is spraying Cedis, is that one abroad person?

They will come to the village, and they will be at every ceremony spraying dollars and pounds. They will wear their starched laces and their original gold chains. I don't care the authentic quality of the chain, but as long as it is from 'the abroad', it is original. They will bag chieftancy titles that ends with "Ego".

They are the real MVPs. The Mr Steal-your-chic-and-convert-them-to-wife. They are always single looking for a wife at home. Yes, they are notcirculown, they come back home to marry.

You have a boyfriend who is just a civil servant. Fresh young man who is just starting life. You think you love him until your mother tells you about Emeka, the "abroad guy" that just landed in town. She reminds you about how you both used to be really close friends before he left to 'the abroad' when you were just 3 months old. Mama tells you he wants to marry you. You take a look at Emeka and you see the glory of the Lord shining around him. You admire his British-American accent and his fresh money. You think about your boyfriend- mtchew, "who young man with Dreams" epp? You suddenly start hearing the voice of the Lord telling you that Emeka the abroad guy is the right one for you. You suddenly realize that at 23 you are no longer getting any younger and you can't wait for a graduate who is just starting life.

Emeka spoils you while he is in the village. You both keep in touch as he leaves for "the abroad". You don't see him again but you still talk on phone. You are now both engaged and you are happy, you are dating a guy in Indonesia with an American accent.

Two years pass, you've seen Emeka only once. Because body no be wood, you have a side boo in your town who lubricates the engine when the oga is not around. But you are still engaged. You are getting impatient. You were 23 two years ago but now you are 35, or you feel 35. You nag, whine, write three different please-hide-my-Identity messages to "Dear Amanda". Sacrifice 2 goats as burnt offering to the Fadalurd above. After some months, your prayer is answered. He fixes a wedding date but cannot attend the wedding because of work. So you just do the wedding with his enlarged picture anyway. That picture he was wearing a suit, that one. That's the one you kiss when it's time to "kiss the bride".

After three months, no Emeka. You realize you are now a western union wife. Another series of Dear Amanda messages, burnt offerings and pastor visits, God finally touches Emeka's heart to come home. He comes home for a few months to get you pregnant and go back. When he goes back, the real Lord - not my "Fadalurd" - decides to remember you this time and release you from your misery. You somehow realize that Emeka has two beautiful children with his abroad wife of 10 years now. Your eyes will now clear.

You finally wake up, after 300 posts cursing Emeka and other men specifically, you decide to join the Association of Online Feminists of Nigeria. Dear sister, Kolewerk. You are not a feminist, you are just an aggrieved mega idiot who hates men, and that is not feminism. Receive sense in Jesus name!

Christmas is coming, if you like, follow abroad husband and go. Better ask questions and pray!!!
Have said my own.
Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 7:33pm On Nov 26, 2019
Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 4:18pm On Nov 30, 2019
LEARN THIS MESSAGE On a roadside, a blind child was sitting and begging. He had this pad written near him as “I’m blind, help me with money‘.The road he was sitting on, was a crowded one, so many people used to pass by him, look at him and his pad and mostly they wouldn’t give him any money.
A man was passing by this road. He too noticed this blind child begging and read his pad too. First thing he did was put some coin in bowl that the blind child had with him. But he did something else too, something different. He went to that pad and rubbed the writing which said, “I’m blind, help me with money“, and re-wrote something else there. And he went on his way.Other people passing by, started donating money to this blind child upon reading that pad. Beggar child was surprised and amazed. He knew that someone came earlier, donated him some coin and re-wrote his pad, but he didn’t know what he wrote.
Now that person, was again passing by the same road. He stood near that blind child and noticed that child’s bowl was full of coins. Child also recognized him by his movement of legs (blinds have sharp sixth sense). He asked that gentleman that what exactly he wrote that people started donating him coins? He replied, “Nothing much, Son. It gives the same meaning, though I used different words.”. He said “I wrote – Today is such a beautiful day but I can’t see it, I’m blind.” My dear friends, You can see that a little shift in the way we are living at present, can change course of our life in such a way that we start gaining what we really want. Sometimes we feel that we are not gaining results as per our expectations, so we blame ourselves, others and situations we are performing under. While the real reason is something else, which is actually our thinking or approaching propaganda. Just a little shift in it can make wonders. But problem with us is that we mostly think in a common pattern. Mostly we possess negative thoughts. Psychology says that a positive thought is thousands times stronger than a negative thought. But somehow we are not much used to it. We always think and concentrate on lack rather than on abundance, on problems than solutions, on bad things than good things and so in return we get the same. I once heard Pastor Chris say "Work on being and not on having". Only yesterday, he said,"Focus on your personality rather than in your abilities" In other words, what you can do is based on who you are. Mother Teresa knew the secret of shifting words and thoughts. She said that “Do not invite me if it is an anti-war rally, but invite me if it is a peace rally.” I want you to re-read this sentence of her again and try to magnify difference between two words, “anti-war“, and “peace“. Now if you see meanings of both words then they are same. Like anti-war means no war and no war means peace. So ultimately it is peace. Mother Teresa knew this. She concentrated on peace rather than anti-war and look what she manifested. I am really very sorry for this long post this morning,All I want to say is this "Just shift your thoughts, approach process and you will manifest all your imaginations" Lets finish this year strong. Love u all!!!.
Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 8:59pm On Dec 10, 2019
Aliyu Mai-Bornu gained admission to study Economics at the age of 35 and graduated at the age of 38.

He became an Assistant Secretary at the Central Bank of Nigeria at the age of 40 and was appointed Deputy Governor at the age of 43.

He became Governor of the Central Bank at the age of 44 and he retired at the age of 48. He died three years later, in 1970, at the age of 51. #HistoryVille

1 Share

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by Blackking98(m): 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2019
Jimasun:

Where did their representatives agree to such?
Was there any representative under military?
Better stop deceiving yourself
Leave the full guy

1 Like

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by Johans1991: 10:16pm On Dec 10, 2019
mrvitalis:

What ojukwu did all the representative of the old eastern region met and agreed on his actions

Do u see the difference ? Or would tribal bigotry blind u too
is that the reason why ojukwu ask for his head?
Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by Banmeallday: 5:15pm On Dec 11, 2019
Jimasun:

Ojukwu and Ironsi stopped Ijaws from seceding.
Why are Igbos angry at what Gowon did?

They didnt stop Ijaw, they stopped the SABO called “Jasper” who went to join Nigger Area army to kill his own people....and died for nothing in the process....in the mud, while Arewa and Oduduwa marched on forgetting about the Sabo....

For your info, it was an Ijaw man that coined “Biafra”.....and a Efik that was the last Head of State...
Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 8:35pm On Dec 20, 2019
Muyideen Alade Aromire , pioneer of Yoruba home video industry,

Aromire was the first Nigerian to own a vernacular pay television channel, Yotomi TV.

He died on Friday July 4, 2008 night at the Soleye Hospital, Ikeja, after he was reportedly hit by a trailer along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway.
Aromire was said to be returning from the site of his new house along the expressway, which he had planned to move into on July 15.

Prior to 1984, film lovers in Nigeria made do with cinema houses for their movie entertainment until Alade Aromire produced the first made-in-Nigeria home video titled ‘Ekun.’ The production of ‘Ekun’ on VHS format opened a new chapter in the evolution of home video film industry in the country. According to him, he borrowed N27,000 from his parents to produce that first movie.It was premiered at Super Cinema, Lagos in December 1984.

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 4:51pm On Dec 26, 2019
MEET MAMA EKUNDAYO - THE WOMAN WHO OPENED HER DOORS TO OVER 500 ORPHANS AND ABANDONED CHILDREN

Popularly known as the Mother Theresa of Africa, Mama Janet Ekundayo dedicated her life to taking care of orphans.

She projected the meaning of her name, “Ekundayo,” which is translated to mean, “(my) tears has turned to joy.”

Mama Ekundayo had five biological children of her own but that did not stop her from adopting others because of her love for children. Mama Ekundayo enjoyed the company of children and so taking care of them came naturally to her.

In 1969, Mama Ekundayo decided to dedicate the rest of her life to taking care of orphans and abandoned children. She took in the 469th child by 2007. By the year 2008; she had cared for over 500 children

Re: Major Isaac Jasper, Ijaw Freedom Fighter 1938-1966 by moscobabs(m): 7:40am On Jan 06, 2020
A boy and a girl were playing together. The boy had a collection of marbles. The girl had some sweets with her. The boy told the girl that he will give her all his marbles in exchange for her sweets. The girl agreed.
The boy kept the biggest and the most beautiful marble aside and gave the rest to the girl. The girl gave him all her sweets as she had promised.
That night, the girl slept peacefully.... But the boy couldn't sleep as he kept wondering if the girl had hidden some sweets from him the way he had hidden his best marble.
Moral of the story: If you don't give your hundred percent in a relationship, you'll always keep doubting if the other person has given his/her hundred percent.. This is applicable for any relationship like love, friendship, employer-employee relationship etc., Give your hundred percent to everything you do and sleep peacefully .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happening Now As IPOB Match In Solidarity(watch The Video) / Bayelsa Guber: PDP Flag Bearer's WAEC Result Leaked Online, See Result Here / LAWMA Holds World Clean-Up Day At Ilashe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.