Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! (1583 Views)

EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant For Diezani Madueke As Extradition Proceedings Begin / Diezani Madueke Spotted With Ben Bruce (Photo) / James Ibori And Bola Tinubu In 2005 (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by ProsperChild: 2:54am On Aug 25, 2019
Hope rises for James Ibori, Diezani Madueke!
dailytrust.com.ng Aug 25, 2019 12:15 AM

Sai Baba’s newly reconstituted cabinet is the real anti-corruption council. Some old wine preserve better in new wineskins. Jesus wasn’t a brewer; he was a carpenter’s son! Evidently, there are different versions of Naija. The Naija of General Buhari’s first term vision is completely different from the reality painted by the ‘pressboys’. This is Buhari’s own verdict: “We have exited the country from recession, restored economic growth, curbed inflation and shored up our external reserves (sic). As a result, we have witnessed eight quarters of consistent growth over the past two-and-a-half years, providing more opportunities for Nigerians.”

As I listened to the speech, I kept wailing – Hallelujah. I didn’t read the Punch titles accusing Canada of ‘stealing’ Naija’s lazy youths and the retort from those youths loudly saying they are happy to be ‘stolen’. Caveat emptor, Canadian prairies could be scenic in summer, they are brutally cold in winter!

Babatunde Raji Fashola, the Lagos miracle man who lost the Midas touch after overflying the lagoon is back with reduced responsibility and a promise to submit a budget in two weeks. Ground no level after February’s contestable elections. In the weeks between the lapse of BRF’s old mandate and its renewal, government has tinkered with buying back or is it selling its power shares? Fashola doesn’t have to take the flak for reversing religion and science in letting darkness overcome the light. That honour is now transferred to Sale Mamman and Jedi-Agba as his sidekick.

As returnee science and technology minister, Ogbonnaya Onu would soon unveil the Naija super-pencil. I understand it is laser-guided and would visibly write in the skies. If anyone reads Mene, Mene Tekel Upharsin in the clear blue sky, they should not panic – Onu’s pencil, promised since 2015 would be the numbered uncounted wonder of Bubu’s second term.

As promised, Buhari retained some old faces, rehabilitated those once written off and hired some newbies.

You would have sworn that Rauf Aregbesola’s religious hands can’t handle grease but he has promised to soil the fingers of staff at the interior ministry as he addresses insecurity. Expect a greasy template from the new minister of public holidays! Disappointed that people loved London pizza more than Benue yams, Audu Ogbeh took a bow. His brief falls in the hands of Sabo Nanono who studied business administration but having no industry to administer ended up as a farmer.

Our good friend, Adamu Adamu is back in education or is it the lack of it? This time around, he won’t be negotiating with ASUU, NASU and NAMU, the brief goes to Chris Ngige who packs the potency of a negotiating dynamite as he tackles labour matters. Gbemisola Saraki is in charge of transportation, long live the Chinese construction company.

To the brand new old hands – Otunba Adeniyi Adebayo rises from the ashes of a write-off since serving Ekiti between 1999-2005. This comeback kid now handles trade and investment. He’ll have his hands full as global investors prefer trading where electricity is a pipedream. The Otunba has beautiful Mariam Katagum for inspiration if he ever needed one.

Not many people would forget the duo of Godswill Akpabio and Timipre Silva. At a time his political enemies would want him buried in the avalanche of criticism for the things he did and didn’t do, Godswill crossed the floor of the sinnate and became the president and the ruining party’s favourite. Subsequently, the corruption charges against him dropped like ripened mangoes in a windstorm. Having washed in the party’s Pool of Siloam, he is now sent to oversee the entire Niger-Delta, the home of oil. Akpabio is unlikely to change priests soon – seeing his first name works. His enemies have lived to see him become a minister of the feral republic. He is in good company with mercurial Festus Keyamo whose loyalty to Pa Bubu is unrivalled anywhere in the Niger-Delta. Somebody shout hallelujah!

Only the image of Sadam Hussein holed up in his attic matches that of Timipre Sylva when the old EFCC called at his Abuja home years ago ago. The hard-working ex-governor of Bayelsa lost several houses (some counted 48) and was written off by his foes. Out of the APC pool he regained his houses and what the palmerworm and caterpillars had eaten. As the snail laps the earth with the same mouth with which it insults the gods, Silva’s enemies would now have to call him Honourable Minister. He is closest to Muhammadu Buhari’s heart in the petroleum ministry.

My own colleague, Sunday Dare is the new Baba Ewe of Naija as Youths minister. Dare dresses and speaks well. Sadiya Umar Farouk is pioneer boss in the new ministry of disaster management and humanitarian affairs. Paulen Talen is out of rehab. Rotimi Amaechi, the only minister who doesn’t like money is back, so is Hadi Sirika, the man who created a paper airline and flew it in London. Lai is back in his base.

A cabinet like this instils hope in James Ibori’s big return to national limelight. It tells Diezani Alison-Madueke to never give up. Sinners become saints rising from the APC Pool of Siloam. Masha Allah! In the abracadabra world of Naija politrics, only Alamieyeseigha’s hope of redemption is buried until the day of resurrection. If you live long enough, find the road to APC, being written off as ‘finished’ is nothing, in the same place where you were called ‘not my own,’ you’ll be pronounced as ‘beloved’.

Source:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/hope-rises-for-james-ibori-diezani-madueke.html/amp
Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by b3llo(m): 3:04am On Aug 25, 2019
We know the anti corruption war is selective and targeted at the opposition.
Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by Nobody: 3:21am On Aug 25, 2019
b3llo:
David Cameron proved right once again.

1 Like

Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by pfadom: 4:43am On Aug 25, 2019
Where is the trash bin?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by Commentor: 5:02am On Aug 25, 2019
How can PDP complain about anybody when they elevated same individuals at every turn?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by Toroso: 5:05am On Aug 25, 2019
My bother this foolish PDP supporters never cease to amaze me.
Commentor:
How can PDP complain about anybody when they elevated same individuals at every turn?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by Nobody: 5:18am On Aug 25, 2019
These guys are the best hands Nigeria has to offer, take it or leave it... grin

1 Like

Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by Nobody: 5:20am On Aug 25, 2019
Toroso:
My bother this foolish PDP supporters never cease to amaze me.
Brainwashed people like you spouting about APC and PDP. You don't know it's the fantastically corrupt politicians on one side that have turned the country to hell on earth and the average Nigerian on the other side.
Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by Commentor: 5:50am On Aug 25, 2019
ChiefkeefGB4:

Brainwashed people like you spouting about APC and PDP. You don't know it's the fantastically corrupt politicians on one side that have turned the country to hell on earth and the average Nigerian on the other side.

Shut up.

Are you not the same one praising Ihedioha every minute?
Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by Toroso: 5:53am On Aug 25, 2019
I am sorry did you just discovered that after the years of ruins by the devilish PDP ?!
ChiefkeefGB4:

Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by Nobody: 5:57am On Aug 25, 2019
Toroso:
I am sorry did you just discovered that after the years of ruins by the devilish PDP ?!
PDP=APC=Corruption (birds of the same feather)
Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by allthingsgood: 7:05am On Aug 25, 2019
b3llo:

So how come the one persons who have actually been convicted for corruption are from apc Wailers, una no de tire
Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by onamch: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2019
Commentor:
It was under PDP that most of these people got charged and their properties seized. Now under APC they have it returned and charges dropped. Even given juicy appointments as compensation for stealing much.
Now we know the true lovers of thieves.
APC should be ashamed, after all they claimed to be holier than PDP thereby tagging every PDP a thief. Now we can see they are worse in reality.
Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by Commentor: 8:04am On Aug 25, 2019
onamch:

It was under PDP that most of these people got charged and their properties seized. Now under APC they have it returned and charges dropped. Even given juicy appointments as compensation for stealing much.
Now we know the true lovers of thieves.
APC should be ashamed, after all they claimed to be holier than PDP thereby tagging every PDP a thief. Now we can see they are worse in reality.

Who were these people and did you not protest?
Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by jlinkd78(m): 8:25am On Aug 25, 2019
Following
Re: Hope Rises For James Ibori, Diezani Madueke! by Anijay1212(m): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2019
Am i suppose to laugh?
I dont know sha.

(1) (Reply)

This Is A Fake Account-Senator Dino Melaye React To N30 Million Promise To Tacha / Igbo Genius Cyprian Emeka Uzoh Teaches Us How To Treat Coronavirus If Infected / Scores Injured As Soldiers Storm Imo Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.