Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Evil Is Older Than You, But It Can Be Disgraced This Way - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Evil Is Older Than You, But It Can Be Disgraced This Way (214 Views)

DISCUSSION: YHWH (jewish) And Enki (epic Of Gilgamesh) Who Is Older? / Blind Prophet, Moses Kasali To Buhari: "Contest And Be Disgraced!" / Rev Fr Mbaka's Prophecies For 2018: "Buhari, Contest & Be Disgraced In 2019" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Evil Is Older Than You, But It Can Be Disgraced This Way by Interesting15: 6:36am On Aug 25, 2019
by Sunday Akanni Moshood

In philosophy, there is something called "The Problem Of Evil". Basically, it is simply an interest in reconciling how God, who is all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-good, would allow the world to keep languishing in misery, pain, suffering and other negativities.

Of course, we can't deny the fact that there are a lot of sufferings and chaos in our world. Each hour, an evil occurrence is likely to have happened somewhere in the world. Crimes, losing a loved one, tradegic events....it seems these negativities have remained glued to our environment. All these unpleasantness keeps breaking the hearts of many people, making them angry with God. But then, is it really God's fault?

Let's briefly see certain things that pertains to evil from the perspective of the scriptures (which is the best place to get answers to serious things that calls for concern). We need to talk the foundation before considering solutions.

What Brought About Evil In The First Place?

In the Book of Genesis, when God created it all, it is glaring that God never desire the universe to experience anything that resemble evil. Actually, evil came about when Lucifer, the beautifully-created archangel, chose to rebel against God (read Isaiah 14:12-23). From the very moment he contemplated on such rebellious thought, he was transformed into Evil, and he became the devil - evil personified, which explained why he was being continually referred to as the 'evil one' in various parts of scriptures (Matthew 5:37, Matthew 6:13, Matthew 13:38, Luke 11:4, John 17:15, Ephesians 6:16, 2 Thessalonians 3:3, 1 John 2:13, 1 John 5:18).

Having turned into Evil, he was chased from Heaven and was thrown into the world (Revelations chapter 14), prompting an Angel to pitifully lament on how ugly the fate of the world would thereafter be: ".... woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath...." (Revelation 14:12).

Evil became rooted in the world when it found it way into the nature of humanity, after our first parents (Adam and Eve) disobeyed God in the Garden of Eden (Genesis chapter 3). The result was that, the good nature of humanity became perverted, and evil became part of us, and turned into some sort of gene being passed from one generation to another.

You see, evil is not a 21th century thing. Evil didn't start in the 5th century, nor in the 10th, nor in the 4th - but it has always been here with us after those ugly incidents, millions of years ago. Evil had been on earth while the earth was still very young. Consider the scripture that said:

"Unlike Cain, who was of the evil one, and killed his brother. Why did he kill him? Because his deeds were evil, and his brother’s righteous." 1 John 3:12

Having seen this, let's ask: "Is God happy with the activities of Evil in the world?" The answer is No! Then, "why isn't He offering any solution?". God actually did offered a superb solution to disgrace Evil, and He has done it once and for all. Unfortunately, many humans are yet to embrace His solution...

What is God's Solution To Defeating Evil?

Jesus Christ!

At Calvary, Jesus disgraced and defeated Evil, and turned the word 'evil' into 'Live'. In John 1:4, scriptures says: "In Him was life, and the life was the light of men." When you accept Jesus as Lord and Savior, you become a new unique breed that has a nature that's above Evil, and the light of Christ in you illuminates your entire being (mind, thoughts, conscience, habits, characters, etc) making it easy to walk in the narrow path of holiness and righteous that is devoid of evil, and that makes you immuned from any form of evil flying around in the environment.

Imagine how beautiful our world will be if everyone of us decided to accept Jesus Christ and embraced His loving directives.

If you have embraced Jesus Christ and accepted his death, suffering, resurrection and ascension, please preach Him to the world. Remember, the more people accept Him truly, the less evil the world will withness.

And if you are yet to accept Him as Lord and Savior, say this prayer with faith, and leave the rest for Him:

"Lord Jesus, I confessed I'm a sinner in need of Your Salvation. I accept You as Lord and Savior of my life, and I give myself wholly to You henceforth. I repent of my sins and I won't go back to them." Amen

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2345036545607597&id=100003038222908
Re: Evil Is Older Than You, But It Can Be Disgraced This Way by Interesting15: 6:37am On Aug 25, 2019
lalasticlala OAM4J

(1) (Reply)

Rccg September 2019 Holy Communion Service / Be Truly Born Again And Live Like A Child Of God / Request For Bible For An Elderly Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.