Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,754 members, 7,827,786 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Pastor Segun - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pastor Segun (571 Views)

Week of Truth: Segun Samuel Teaching About Fake News At Iba Estate Sec. School / Feminist, OluTimehin Called Out Segun Adeniyi For Copy Right Violations / The Celebration Of The Birth Of A Socio-political Virtuosity: Segun Peter By Ab (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Segun by TemmyT002(m): 8:10am On Aug 25, 2019
Michael Makinwa was in the gym of his company, exercising when he received a call.

“Hello,” he said

“Mr. Makinwa, it’s Pastor Wunmi, my husband has just been abducted.

“What? What happened? Are you okay?”

“We had just finished the morning service when they came in with guns.”

“Have you called the police?”

“Yes, but we don’t know when they will get here.”

“How many minutes ago did they leave?”

“About five minutes ago,” Pastor Wunmi replied. “They came in a van.”

“What is the colour of the van?”

“Grey. Mr. Makinwa, I don’t know how you can help, but the Spirit asked me to call you.”

“You have come to the right place,” Makinwa said. “Don’t worry, I will work on this immediately.”

“Thank you very much.”

When she hung up, Makinwa dialed a number.

“Boss,” a female voice said.

“Damola, where are you?”

“On a date with my boyfriend.”

“What? You have a boyfriend? But I thought…”

“You thought what?”

“Never mind. My pastor has just been abducted.”

“Pastor Segun? Oh my God.”

“Yeah, I need you to triangulate the area of the church and look for a gray van.”

“But my phone is not here,” Damola said.

“Hey, do you know the amount of that phone in your hand? It can track vehicles through satellites.”

“Alright then.”

A few miles away, Damola faced her new boyfriend. “Please excuse me, work things.”

“No problem,” the guy said.

Damola searched through her phone and connected to overhead satellites to track vehicles close to the church. The phone was very expensive and cheap for a billionaire like Michael Makinwa.

She found the van immediately. She brought out another phone and called Makinwa.

“Hello, did you find it?”

“Yes.”

“Can you track it to where it’s going?”

“Sure.”

“That’s great.”

Minutes later, Damola tracked the van to a building and gave the location to Makinwa who called Detective Kolapo.

The two friends met in Makinwa’s office.

“Wait a minute, didn’t you tell me that some robbers came to your church one Sunday to rob?” Kolapo asked.

“Yeah, a few months ago.”

“And now you have tracked the kidnappers to a building?”

“Yeah.”

“Dude, I need that gadget you used o.”

“If you help me save my pastor, I will give you one.”

“Cool, so have you proposed to Damola yet?”

“I just found out she has a boyfriend.”

“Oh, man.”

Both got a picture of the building of the kidnappers and the area and began to deliberate on how to storm it.

The kidnappers pushed Pastor Segun to the floor of an empty room.

“The bible says, touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm,” Pastor Segun said to the three kidnappers.

One of them looked at him. “Last time I checked, you were a pastor and not a prophet.”

“I am still an anointed man of God.”

“And you are going to make so much money for us.”

“How?”

“Han Han, see question o. Your congregation members are very rich. We will ask a ransom of one million naira each from them. You have over 150 congregants so we will be rich.”

“Do you know that you are committing a sin?” Pastor Segun asked.

“Duh,” the second man said. “We attend church services too, you know.”

“Unbelievable,” Pastor Segun said. “The bible says all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. But listen, my God is a merciful God and He will forgive you your iniquities. Just let me go and God will surely forgive you.”

“Mtchewww,” the third man hissed. “Even God sef knows that man must chop.”

“I know that too but you should know that every sin has a punishment. Whether you believe that God exists or not, He will punish you unless you repent. You have committed sins against God and man.”

“See, you better stop preaching,” the first man said.

Pastor Segun stood up and faced them. “Jesus loves you. He died for both our sins and washed them away so that we can be new creatures. This thing you are doing is nailing him to the cross again.

“Even if you get the ransom money, I am sure that you will not enjoy it. Money gotten through illegal means never lasts. You can easily make money through legal, hard work. All you need to do is believe in God and His Son, Jesus.

“My congregants got wealthy through hard work and absolute belief in God’s power. You can enjoy the same.”

Detective Kolapo, Michael Makinwa and a dozen heavily armed police officers moved quietly towards the building. There was no sentry about.

“What should we do?” One of the kidnappers asked.

“Simple,” Pastor Segun said. “You may have given your life to Jesus once, you can do it genuinely now. You have to accept him as your Lord and savior and promise to do your best not to commit such sins anymore. “
“We are ready,” the men said.

“Kneel and let’s pray. Lord, your children are here. They have agreed to rededicate their lives to you. Accept them like you accepted the prodigal son. They have promised to forfeit their sins and embrace righteousness. Lord, touch their hearts so that they can know you the more…”

Kolapo raised his hand and signaled the men to a stop. He was about to ask them to surround the house when the door opened suddenly.

The officers and Makinwa stared in wonder as Pastor Segun led the three kidnappers out of the building. The kidnappers looked remorseful and happy at the same time.

“Pastor, what did you do to them?” Makinwa asked.

“I simply showed them the Holy Spirit and told them about the love of God.”

“Wow, I heard of juju before, but this one is strong o,” Kolapo said.

“The Love of God is a powerful juju on its own. Anyway, these men have promised to submit themselves to the police but they need to be baptized first.”

As they walked away, Kolapo and Makinwa shook their heads. “Wonders shall never end,” they said.

SOURCE: https://opinionsandstories.com/pastor-segun/

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Hi Guys! Im New Here. / Chimamanda Speaks At Creative Writing Workshop At Golden Tulip Resort Anambra / The Types Of Book Covers And When To Use It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.