Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:29 PM

Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today (20923 Views)

"Mountain Of Fire Allows Wearing Of Trousers In UK & US" - Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pastor Anthony Olawale Dies During Mountain Of Fire Church Service In Lagos / Christ Embassy Celebrates 30th Anniversary (Before & After Photos Of Pastors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by profmallor: 5:59pm On Aug 25, 2019
With prayer, discipline and hardwork we make great strides as a church. over 1000 First class graduates in the last decade have been awared in MFM and you dont think thats hardwork?. Your prejudice is much but hey we dont care, we are worthy of been mentioned and discussed cause we (MFM) are a force to recon with. I m certain there is a MFM member running thing where ever you are and thus the hatred and bitterness. See,if we were not disturbning you, you wont be so bent our our matter, its because we are doing something to your peace of mind that has cause your putting our matter on your head. We are 30 today, we just started.

hopefulLandlord:
Olukoya is a pastor that keeps his flock in constant fear of mundane things by spiritualising them

a student failed exam? the enemies of his mother's house is responsible

you don't have a job or you lost your job? there's a spiritual snail in your life

finding it hard/near impossible getting a husband? spiritual husbands are involved, they're the ones chasing your prospective husbands away

did you see a cockroach in your closet? that's definitely agents of your enemy at work

your business failed? its the gods of your grandfather that is responsible

so almost all prayers are directed at enemies/demons/gods of my father's house etc telling them to DIE!!!!!

but I understand cuz doing that's what the sheeples want to hear not the bitter truth, make them think they can pray away their problems and that some undetectable, invisible and intangible entity is responsible

No student really wants to hear he failed cuz he studied wrongly

No bachelor/spinster wants to hear they're finding getting spouse hard due to the fact that they're too damn ugly or have a shitty attitude or lack manners

someone whose business just failed doesn't want to hear its normal for businesses to fail as 9 out of 10 businesses fail within 5 years and he should take the lessons from that failed business to make another attempt

If Olukoya were Ray Croc's pastor, Ray would've died killing witches and wizards with prayers day after day

If Olukoya were Edison's pastor he would've spent the rest of his life fighting spiritual battles cuz he was declared "Too dumb to learn anything" by his teachers

Sir James Dyson who failed in business over 5000 attempts before succeeding would've died in church fighting witches and wizards if he were an MFM member

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by RTSC2: 6:01pm On Aug 25, 2019
You can never over pray. You can only under pray.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by ogunsbanjul(m): 6:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
The ministry where my life changed from grass to grace. God of MFM you're worthy to be praised. God bless pastor Niyi in Iboko branch Akute then, God bless Pastors in my church in Asolo branch Agric Ikorodu Lagos and my church in Elelenwon Portharcourt. Congratulations to all members of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries worldwide. Aku orire

3 Likes

Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by sacx: 6:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

Ephesians 6:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

that no advantage may be gained over us by Satan: for we are not ignorant of his devices (2 Corinthians 2:11).

Be sober, be watchful: your adversary the Devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour (1 Peter 5:cool.

Be subject therefore unto God; but resist the Devil, and he will flee from you (James 4:7) .

Every day Christians are constantly having battle to Satan and his agents.

And we are to use the the Armor of God, The blood of Jesus, to fight them with the help of the holy Spirit.

Why did you think Jesus prayed to the father to give us the holy Spirit

I knew sooner than later you were going to quote one of those scriptures. You see, our greatest undoing would be taking one or two passages from scriptures and making a doctrine out of them. In order to understand scriptures, we must read them in light of what Christ has done, otherwise we end up confusing ourselves.

Neither of any of the passages you quoted.said you should start chasing demons and fighting with them. Read Paul's epistles and take note of those places where he prayed. There is a pattern. Is that the same kind of.prayer we.pray in.our churches? Did you see any of the Apostles dealing with demons from their father's house? Where there demons? Yes. Why did.they not spend their.time dealing with them? They had an understanding. Colossians 2:15 is an example of a perspective they were operating from.

If you know who you are.and.how they are.no match for you, you won't spend all your time chasing them. See, the heir, as long as he is a child, is no different from a servant. Once you get understanding of Christ, they bow without hassles. This is why it is not by mentioning the name Jesus you get things to work out for you. That scripture says 'at the name of Jesus'. It's an understanding and fellowship in the name. This is why I may come across a demon possessed and not utter a word and they flee.

If I should answer the.question you posed at the end of.your quote, we may enter another long treatise. But know this, the holy Spirit wasn't.given simply to enable.us fight sin or the devil. No that has.been taken care of. The Holy Spirit was given to enable us have fellowship in the Godhead. He is.the uncreated life essence of God and he is who we are. By him, we are the great I AM.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by 0temSapien: 6:36pm On Aug 25, 2019
Why did their anniversary coincide with the 3rd Year Anniversary of Yahweh's imprisonment?
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by duality(m): 6:41pm On Aug 25, 2019
hopefulLandlord:
Olukoya is a pastor that keeps his flock in constant fear of mundane things by spiritualising them

you don't have a job or you lost your job? there's a spiritual snail in your life

finding it hard/near impossible getting a husband? spiritual husbands are involved, they're the ones chasing your prospective husbands away

did you see a cockroach in your closet? that's definitely agents of your enemy at work

so almost all prayers are directed at enemies/demons/gods of my father's house etc telling them to DIE!!!!!

but I understand cuz doing that's what the sheeples want to hear not the bitter truth, make them think they can pray away their problems and that some undetectable, invisible and intangible entity is responsible

No bachelor/spinster wants to hear they're finding getting spouse hard due to the fact that they're too damn ugly or have a shitty attitude or lack manners

someone whose business just failed doesn't want to hear its normal for businesses to fail as 9 out of 10 businesses fail within 5 years and he should take the lessons from that failed business to make another attempt

If Olukoya were Ray Croc's pastor, Ray would've died killing witches and wizards with prayers day after day

If Olukoya were Edison's pastor he would've spent the rest of his life fighting spiritual battles cuz he was declared "Too dumb to learn anything" by his teachers

Sir James Dyson who failed in business over 5000 attempts before succeeding would've died in church fighting witches and wizards if he were an MFM member

If you and all those who liked your post put together, where half as intelligent, (both academically and otherwise: excluding spiritualy ) as Dr D. K Olukoya, I would have taken you seriously.

But you are not.

Olukoya is one of the few who would tell you the truth.

3 Likes

Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by Xammie001(m): 6:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
Switruth:
Congratulations. Lead your people well to participate in politics and always stand for the truth. It’s not all about enemies death but to also prove that God can turn your enemies to your helpers. Let’s live in love.

He has Done that Sir
We had our Political Classes Last Year in Which Lasted For Seven Weeks for Youth Interested In Politics sir
And the End Product is We Had 2 Governor's from Our Church Sir
Thanks
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by duality(m): 6:48pm On Aug 25, 2019
sacx:

I knew sooner than later you were going to quote one of those scriptures. You see, our greatest undoing would be taking one or two passages from scriptures and making a doctrine out of them. In order to understand scriptures, we must read them in light of what Christ has done, otherwise we end up confusing ourselves.

Neither of any of the passages you quoted.said you should start chasing demons and fighting with them. Read Paul's epistles and take note of those places where he prayed. There is a pattern. Is that the same kind of.prayer we.pray in.our churches? Did you see any of the Apostles dealing with demons from their father's house? Where there demons? Yes. Why did.they not spend their.time dealing with them? They had an understanding. Colossians 2:15 is an example of a perspective they were operating from.

If you know who you are.and.how they are.no match for you, you won't spend all your time chasing them. See, the heir, as long as he is a child, is no different from a servant. Once you get understanding of Christ, they bow without hassles. This is why it is not by mentioning the name Jesus you get things to work out for you. That scripture says 'at the name of Jesus'. It's an understanding and fellowship in the name. This is why I may come across a demon possessed and not utter a word and they flee.

If I should answer the.question you posed at the end of.your quote, we may enter another long treatise. But know this, the holy Spirit wasn't.given simply to enable.us fight sin or the devil. No that has.been taken care of. The Holy Spirit was given to enable us have fellowship in the Godhead. He is.the uncreated life essence of God and he is who we are. By him, we are the great I AM.

How many demons have actually fled from you.

Just curious... There was someone talking like you who they used "do as I say" on, and it worked on him.

He had heavy business losses by simple manipulation.

He still built a theology around the obvious ocultic manipulation
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by Deepsky(m): 7:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
Congrats to you all the MFM FAMILY
...GOD BLESS OUR G.O. (Dr.D K Olukoya and his household )
The entire universe needs more of ur kind sir
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by Ajtaiwo24: 7:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
Pastor Dk Olukoya my father in Lord and my [color=#770077][/color]mentor,so love him

Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

shut up man
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by omohayek: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2019
grandstar:
That excessive focus on prayer is worrisome.

Are such long.prayers endearing to God?(Read Matthew 6:7-cool.

What matters most to our heaven father is doing his will (Read Mark 12:30- 34, 1 John 5:3)
What these "pastorpreneurs" get up to is better understood as performance art than as "prayer" - they need to make sure their audiences leave satisfied that they've put on a good show ...

1 Like

Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by OBAGADAFFI: 8:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
sacx:

I was thinking like you until the Holy Spirit started revealing things to me.

The Holy Spirit is the Power of God in Christians, without that Holy Spirit we are Powerless.

Concerning chasing of Demons, what did the demon say to the Seven son of Sceva before attacking them?

If you read about Paul ministry, you will understand Christians daily battles.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by sacx: 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
duality:

How many demons have actually fled from you.

Just curious... There was someone talking like you who they used "do as I say" on, and it worked on him.

He had heavy business losses by simple manipulation.

He still built a theology around the obvious ocultic manipulation

There you go, trying to use personal experience to edit the word of God. See where our error sprang from? The fact that the word has not started working for you doesn't mean there is something wrong with it. It means you should keep feeding until you see a transformation. But we all with opened faces, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

These gospel of demons, household enemies, etc, only thrive in Africa, why? The gospel of Christ is one ages wide. This is it:

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

The gospel of Jesus Christ is the revelation of life and immortality in the believer. We are to feed on the reality of our Spirit essence which is immortal until our body is swallowed up in immortality. Yes, we are immortal here and now. Every other thing is shadows.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by sacx: 9:05pm On Aug 25, 2019
OBAGADAFFI:

I was thinking like you until the Holy Spirit started revealing things to me.

The Holy Spirit is the Power of God in Christians, without that Holy Spirit we are Powerless.

Concerning chasing of Demons, what did the demon say to the Seven son of Sceva before attacking them?

If you read about Paul ministry, you will understand Christians daily battles.

If you are sure he is the one revealing these things to you, then continue in them. But remember, every revelation must be judged through the finished work. If you don't mind I would like to know what runs through your mind when you hear the word 'finished work'.

Also, there is no point trying to separate the Holy Spirit from the believer. It's like trying to separate the father from the son. We are one, we can't do without each other.

The seven sons of sceva even better do justice to my cause. They went chasing demons when they didn't have the knowledge of who they were. But look at Jesus, the man, while he walked the.earth. Demons threw themselves out without him actively engaging them. It's an insult for demons to come try.engage a believer in battles. It's like Satan the opposed trying to challenge God. We don't give them the attention they seek. We show them their defeat and watch them flee with their tails behind.

Know who you are, that's my message again, so you can stop fighting mundane things. Do you not know that.he that.is joined with God is one Spirit? Have you finished searching out what it means to be one spirit with God? Do you know why the angels so earnestly desire to look into these things? See, Christianity is beautiful o, we are the ones making.it look ugly.

Explore God that you are; don't study demons. Uou are immortal, you are righteousness, you are life. The moment you come to the understanding that you are not different from the Father, all things begin to fall in place.

Deal with demons when you see them, but don't spare a place of thought in your heart for them.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by kokoboy4life(m): 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
gloriteyemi:

For your information, the governors of Delta and Lagos states attended the convention and they are members of mfm

They use their MFM membership to deceive people like you, while they continue to embezzles public funds.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by katovest: 9:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
sacx:

If you are sure he is the one revealing these things to you, then continue in them. But remember, every revelation must be judged through the finished work. If you don't mind I would like to know what runs through your mind when you hear the word 'finished work'.

Also, there is no point trying to separate the Holy Spirit from the believer. It's like trying to separate the father from the son. We are one, we can't do without each other.

The seven sons of sceva even better do justice to my cause. They went chasing demons when they didn't have the knowledge of who they were. But look at Jesus, the man, while he walked the.earth. Demons threw themselves out without him actively engaging them. It's an insult for demons to come try.engage a believer in battles. It's like Satan the opposed trying to challenge God. We don't give them the attention they seek. We show them their defeat and watch them flee with their tails behind.

Know who you are, that's my message again, so you can stop fighting mundane things. Do you not know that.he that.is joined with God is one Spirit? Have you finished searching out what it means to be one spirit with God? Do you know why the angels so earnestly desire to look into these things? See, Christianity is beautiful o, we are the ones making.it look ugly.

Explore God that you are; don't study demons. Uou are immortal, you are righteousness, you are life. The moment you come to the understanding that you are not different from the Father, all things begin to fall in place.

Deal with demons when you see them, but don't spare a place of thought in your heart for them.

why will d holy spirit reveal demons identity to real deliverance ministers if he doest want us to know abt them... Revelations DT has helped millions n u are here condemning.. u don't know anything abt d workings of God if u believe God can only operate by a method n confined to a lay down way... d word is good n it gives authority to real deliverance ministers like olukoya... sir, how many person have u helped solve d problem of barrenness in this word. God has used Olukoya to solve thousands of these issues including many 60, 50 years women in this lifetime all by these msg u condemn so much. Be careful, u may be criticising d working of God by ur myopism
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by OBAGADAFFI: 9:44pm On Aug 25, 2019
sacx:

How did Paul know this Damsel is Demon possessed?

The Holy Spirit revealed to him(Paul).

Acts 16:16-18 (KJV) And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Don't be ignorant if the devices of the devil.

As long as you are a Christian you're not in bondage so, the devil will constantly attack you to try your faith.

Go and read James 4 vs 7.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Check the meaning of Resist the devil
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by sacx: 9:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
katovest:

why will d holy spirit reveal demons identity to real deliverance ministers if he doest want us to know abt them... Revelations DT has helped millions n u are here condemning.. u don't know anything abt d workings of God if u believe God can only operate by a method n confined to a lay down way... d word is good n it gives authority to real deliverance ministers like olukoya... sir, how many person have u helped solve d problem of barrenness in this word. God has used Olukoya to solve thousands of these issues including many 60, 50 years women in this lifetime all by these msg u condemn so much. Be careful, u may be criticising d working of God by ur myopism

I was about to call it a day with this thread and you came up. You have so much fury in your heart right now and it's understandable. I'm not condemning your minister to you, I'm only trying to show you that there is a greater light than this
Dr Olukoya is a mighty son of God and I honour him. But that.shouldn't stop me from point these.things out when I see them.

You see these gifts of the Spirit, they are not an end in themselves. They are given to the end that though them we may be able.to learn government. We are to.administer spheres and Lord over creation. Demons are not what we are called to Lord over. In fact, they are going to be chained and locked up in the bottomless pit. There is a vast aspect of God's creation that we are still yet to discover.

Now to revelations, if you understand the.way.these.things work you will know that the things we see in the spirit realm are a representation of things we've held in our hearts as truth. To why the holy spirit reveals these things; he doesn't actually 'reveal' in that sense of the word. We are the ones that search them out.

We have an unction from the holy one and we know ALL THINGS. See? We are omniscient as he is. Things will be revealed to you according to the understanding you hold dear. Error comes in when we build a camp around these revelations and call it doctrine. This is why I say all revelations must be judged in light of the finished work.

Now I acknowledge things Dr Olukoya is doing and how he has been of help to many, but there is a greater light, and believers will not come unto the full stature of Christ until they.start to engage with this light. We are the ones delaying Christ's second coming.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by God2man2again(m): 10:15pm On Aug 25, 2019
hopefulLandlord:

where exactly did I call him an illiterate or even implied it?

Please Sir. What do you intend to achieve by your post? Please tell us.
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by katovest: 7:35am On Aug 26, 2019
sacx:

I was about to call it a day with this thread and you came up. You have so much fury in your heart right now and it's understandable. I'm not condemning your minister to you, I'm only trying to show you that there is a greater light than this
Dr Olukoya is a mighty son of God and I honour him. But that.shouldn't stop me from point these.things out when I see them.

You see these gifts of the Spirit, they are not an end in themselves. They are given to the end that though them we may be able.to learn government. We are to.administer spheres and Lord over creation. Demons are not what we are called to Lord over. In fact, they are going to be chained and locked up in the bottomless pit. There is a vast aspect of God's creation that we are still yet to discover.

Now to revelations, if you understand the.way.these.things work you will know that the things we see in the spirit realm are a representation of things we've held in our hearts as truth. To why the holy spirit reveals these things; he doesn't actually 'reveal' in that sense of the word. We are the ones that search them out.

We have an unction from the holy one and we know ALL THINGS. See? We are omniscient as he is. Things will be revealed to you according to the understanding you hold dear. Error comes in when we build a camp around these revelations and call it doctrine. This is why I say all revelations must be judged in light of the finished work.

Now I acknowledge things Dr Olukoya is doing and how he has been of help to many, but there is a greater light, and believers will not come unto the full stature of Christ until they.start to engage with this light. We are the ones delaying Christ's second coming.
Sir I believe d workings of God can't be explained without been humble enough to learn. Spiritual gift notwithstanding. I personally know people who serve God n were passing through some challenge until d holy spirit like conellius in d bible ask them to start going to mfm.. D man olukoya is a man and may not have been perfect just like every man on earth but I believe d holy spirit gave him DT ministry.. Besides d unveiling darkness and asking people to flee from them and pray against them. His ministry unveil God to people. pls take time and study their bible study n Sunday school series...u will know.. Results is DT Mfm has one d highest no of occult conversion rate in Nigeria. fomer Olumba obu man, occultic grand masters, witches and herbalists conversion were all DT Jesus is doing. pls be careful not to by too much knowledge work against d Jesus u are defending
Re: Mountain Of Fire Celebrates 30th Anniversary Today by duality(m): 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2019
sacx:

There you go, trying to use personal experience to edit the word of God. See where our error sprang from? The fact that the word has not started working for you doesn't mean there is something wrong with it. It means you should keep feeding until you see a transformation. But we all with opened faces, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

These gospel of demons, household enemies, etc, only thrive in Africa, why? The gospel of Christ is one ages wide. This is it:

2 Timothy 1:9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

1:10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

The gospel of Jesus Christ is the revelation of life and immortality in the believer. We are to feed on the reality of our Spirit essence which is immortal until our body is swallowed up in immortality. Yes, we are immortal here and now. Every other thing is shadows.

This is spiritual myopia in brazen display...

What is gospel of demons?...

Well, you have little understanding of the various dimensions of the spirit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Have Never Insulted Buhari - Apostle Suleman / Pastor Nomthi Odukoya: 'Stop Searching Through Your Spouses’ Phone.’ / Why Do Most Nigerians Believe Every Problem Is Spiritual?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.