Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Surprised By Wisdom - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Surprised By Wisdom (161 Views)

TB Joshua’s Widow, Evelyn Says She Is Not Surprised By My Husband’s Death / Seeds Of Destiny 19 June 2020 -- Generational Solutions And Answers By Wisdom / Seeds Of Destiny 25 May 2020 -- Distinction By Wisdom And Purpose (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Surprised By Wisdom by VLadipo: 12:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
Bible in a Year: Psalm 119:1–88; 1 Corinthians 7:20–40

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
Romans 11:33

Today's Scripture & Insight: 1 Corinthians 1:18–25

“It seems like the older I get, the wiser you become. Sometimes when I talk to my son I even hear your words coming out of my mouth!”

My daughter’s candor made me laugh. I felt the same way about my parents and frequently found myself using their words as I raised my kids. Once I became a dad, my perspective on my parents’ wisdom changed. What I once “wrote off” as foolishness turned out to be far wiser than I had thought—I just couldn’t see it at first.

The Bible teaches that “the foolishness of God is wiser” than the cleverest human wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:25). “For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness” of the message of a suffering Savior to rescue “those who believe” (v. 21).

God always has ways of surprising us. Instead of the triumphant king the world would expect, the Son of God came as a suffering servant and died a humbling death by crucifixion—before He was raised in unsurpassable glory.

In God’s wisdom, humility is valued over pride and love shows its worth in undeserved mercy and kindness. Through the cross, our unconquerable Messiah became the ultimate victim—in order to “save completely” (Hebrews 7:25) all who place their faith in Him!

By: James Banks

Reflect & Pray
When have God’s ways left you confused? How does it help to know His ways are not our own?

Heavenly Father, I praise You for the wisdom of Your ways. Help me to trust You and walk humbly with You today.

For more, please visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com

(1) (Reply)

To My Child / Invest Now by buying land In A Developed Area In Lagos / Taking The Mantle Of Mber Month 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.