Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,549 members, 7,955,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 03:11 PM

Beware Of Police In Abuja - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of Police In Abuja (731 Views)

Lady Beaten By Police In Anambra For Not Using Pedestrian Bridge (Photos) / Vikings Member & Armed Robber Killed By Police In Imo State (Graphic Photos) / ‘world’s Biggest Bank Robbery’ Foiled By Police In Brazil (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Police In Abuja by shortgun(m): 1:02pm On Aug 25, 2019
There's a new trick used by the police in Abuja to extort Drivers.
Here's how it works.
They will park there patrol car in a corner where you won't see them if u are making a turn, when u have completed the turn you will now see them, they will pretend they are on Stop n Search Duty, they will stop and ask u to park. You will park with confidence grin
You know ur particulars are correct n up to date.
This usually happens in areas with small traffic.
They will demand for your vehicle particulars, after going through them n everything is in place the next thing you will hear is "Oga why you follow one-way".
You will become confused, you will walk back to where u made the turn to confirm if you are still sane.
The road doesn't have a one way sign, doesn't have a no entry sign.
You will only know it's a one-way road cos the police told you so.
Disagree, argue, speak big grammar from now till next year, your vehicle will be impounded and taken to the station if you refuse to settle grin

Police can decide anytime that a road you've known for years has now become a one-way without any sign suggesting that grin
The only way to beat them is to carry cash for settlement.
Re: Beware Of Police In Abuja by vertueptime: 1:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
Polic own better, vio and that useless frsc that even traffic wordens are better than are out in abj to husstle, ul never see them in places in need of traffic control only where they can extort motorist ,

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Police In Abuja by allubi(m): 1:10pm On Aug 25, 2019
That is true, happened to a friend of mine and I was with him that day

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Police In Abuja by adecz: 1:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
grin grin grin grin
Re: Beware Of Police In Abuja by shortgun(m): 1:53pm On Aug 25, 2019
allubi:
That is true, happened to a friend of mine and I was with him that day
Thought I was the only one.
Happened to me twice.
Re: Beware Of Police In Abuja by egopersonified(f): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2019
Edstma in benin place 'no u turn' signs at certain junctions. I have noticed that at a particular junction, they remove the no u turn sign for a long time ,then wake up one morning and fix it. Cos the sign is new, most drivers just make a u turn without seeing the sign, then they impound your vehicle. After a few days, they remove the sign and wait weeks before putting the sign up again.
Re: Beware Of Police In Abuja by shortgun(m): 6:55pm On Aug 25, 2019
egopersonified:
Edstma in benin place 'no u turn' signs at certain junctions. I have noticed that at a particular junction, they remove the no u turn sign for a long time ,then wake up one morning and fix it. Cos the sign is new, most drivers just make a u turn without seeing the sign, then they impound your vehicle. After a few days, they remove the sign and wait weeks before putting the sign up again.
grin grin grin
This very wicked
Re: Beware Of Police In Abuja by Jakumo(m): 10:53am On Aug 26, 2019
shortgun:

You will only know it's a one-way road cos the police told you so.
Disagree, argue, speak big grammar from now till next year, your vehicle will be impounded and taken to the station if you refuse to settle grin

Police can decide anytime that a road you've known for years has now become a one-way without any sign suggesting that grin
The only way to beat them is to carry cash for settlement.

According Nigerian Vehicle Code Section 1.87B Paragraph 4, "Any road when OC talk say na one way, na for you to settle and go remain."

In other words, OC no like Grammar Man at all, so if you go mistake begin dey nak grammar witi police, dem go fess collet ya moto, come carry you throway gbosa for back of station counter, until you 'gree say man pass man.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

South Africa: Father Killed His Four Children By Hanging Them With Their School / Ediozi Odi Sentenced To Life In Prison In SA Is From Midwest / Cult Groups Clash At Federal University Lokoja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.