Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Scam, Fraudulent Behavior And Instant Gratification (I) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Scam, Fraudulent Behavior And Instant Gratification (I) (221 Views)

Human Behavior and Criminal Tendencies / Nigerian Bags A One-year Jail Term For Operating A Fraudulent Facebook Account / Shocking Revelation: Social Exchange Market Grant Busted As Fraudulent Programme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scam, Fraudulent Behavior And Instant Gratification (I) by shehuolayinka(m): 1:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
By, Bamidele Ademola-Olateju

Dateline 2016 – Ahmadou lives in New York. He works two jobs giving care to the aged. He is the first in his family to venture out of Mali, his native country. His brother had no job. As it is with immigrants, he became a regular at Western Union counters. In 2016, he sent home to his brother, Ousmane, the $1500 he had always ask for to buy a tricycle. When I spoke to Ahmadou this June, his brother has bought three more tricycles. In 2018, he wanted to pay Ahmadou back, but Ahmadou refused and told him to take the responsibility of taking care of their parents and sundry issues back home.

In contrast, Adeyinka started buying cars at auctions in 2014. He heard it was lucrative and returns at least $500-1000 on a car. His brother has been telling him how fast car sells and how they could make profit and good business from selling cars. The first set of four cars he bought from a popular car auction in upstate New York averaged about $5,300 each. He had $4200 in savings and took home equity loan to buy the cars, and ship them home. At the time, such cars were cleared for N250k each. Adebisi added N25k on clearing charges for each vehicle. Before clearing, he made N100k from his brother.

After clearing, he sold the first set really fast. He told stories and creamed off at least N100k from each vehicle. His brother suspected nothing. He gave him N50k on each vehicle as his share of profit. From the profit and capital, Adeyinka sent five cars again. Again clearing was billed at N275k instead of N250k. One of the cars was an Infiniti truck. He took a picture of it in many ways. He called in his friend to pose as a mechanic. They opened the trunk and pretending to work on it. He took the pictures. The cars went fast! He creamed off N100k each.

Read More: https://thebelltimesng.com/2019/08/25/scam-fraudulent-behavior-and-instant-gratification-i/

Re: Scam, Fraudulent Behavior And Instant Gratification (I) by onetouchconcept(m): 1:05pm On Aug 25, 2019
Hmmn
Re: Scam, Fraudulent Behavior And Instant Gratification (I) by daddytime(m): 1:09pm On Aug 25, 2019
Lol

(1) (Reply)

FBI List: We’ve Found N486m, Arrested 28 —EFCC / Gunmen kill five, burn houses in Kaduna community / Police Accuse IPOB Of Using Blackmail To Win Igbo Sympathy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.