Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,274 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra (994 Views)

MNK Approach To Biafra Is Wrong: Can You Help With A Better Approach Now? / A Better Approach To Curbing The Menace Of Herdsmen In Igbo Land. / Yul Edochie Meets Ralph Uwazuruike, 'The Supreme Leader Of Biafra' (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
As an Igbo man, the more I think about the realisation of Biafra, the more I fear it may not be the solution to the problem of the Igbo man. It is true that we have been maltreated and marginalised for so long, but it is also true that we have not been our best defender or friend. We are a very stubborn and proud people, such that of all the tribes in Nigeria, only the Igbos had no KING to rule over them, in times past. The position of Eze was one introduced by the British to bring some semblance of governance within the Igbo tribe.

Before we talk about unity, we must be unified, but I do not see any unity among the Igbos and fear that should we eventually realise Biafra, there will infighting, hatred and chaos. Furthermore, we are too materialistic and have lost the original integrity bestowed upon us by our ancestors. So much crime, so much wickedness between brethren and so much bloodshed and scamming.

Many of us see ourselves as racially and intellectually superior to the others, and this is PRIDE of the HUBRIS sort which can lead a nation down to humiliation. We call other people illiterate, goats and daily mock our president. This is not a civilised approach to achieving our goals and only creates hatred. Let us approach matters maturely, patiently and persistently. With a united front, table our issues to the government and work tirelessly to fight for the cause of our brethren, not by fighting or killing, but by education, international publicity, respect to other tribes, and hard work.

On the issue of Fulani Herdsmen, what should we do? I will tell you what I will do. Organise a group of leaders to speak to the head of cattle rearers and others in leadership positions, and ensure alignment for peace and harmony. Dialogue not war, talking and not fighting. If we work with these leaders, I am certain the security forces will be on our side and destroy all hoodlums or criminals causing mayhem in the land. Also, let us not be ignorant of the ongoing ploy by many criminals in the east to use the issue of Fulani Herdsmen’s as a decoy to continue perpetuating wickedness and evil in the land of the Igbos.

I love you that is why I talk like this. We do not need the shedding of blood, we need to look for solutions, investments and other methods of improving the lot of our people. We need to root out all scammers, kidnappers and ritualists. We need to become humble and work as a team with the rest of the country for good governance, economic progress and opportunity.

Please I am not perfect, and it is possible that this matter has been oversimplified. If so, your opinion is important to hear.

1 Like

Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by Zuorom: 3:35pm On Aug 25, 2019
One thing is certain, you are not an Igbo man!!
You display such arrant ignorance of Igbo history.

"We are a very stubborn and proud people, such that of all the tribes in Nigeria, only the Igbos had no KING to rule over them, in times past"

The above quote sums your ignorance up perfectly. For you, the only reason why the igbos didn't have kings was because they are proud and stubborn? What a pathetic show of crass ignorance bordering on stupidity!!

The only reason why igbos did not have kings was because they were democratic and decentralized societies unlike the authoritarian and centralised leadership we had in other parts of Nigeria. They had their own system of governance with well laid down rules that everyone abided by with severe penalty visited on defaulters. If it was about pride and stubbornness then they would never have submitted themselves to any form of governance by anybody. The Igbo precolonial system was so beautiful, so egalitarian and a participatory democracy that should set a good example on how democracies should be.

I see through your pathetic attempt at denigrating igbos under the guise of being one of us. Save yourself the stress, you just ended up exposing your own ignorance and making a big fool of yourself

6 Likes

Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by Jobac: 3:42pm On Aug 25, 2019
Biafra is possible if you Ibo people concentrate on your 5 States. Once you add any SS state to your imaginary country, you will never get it.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by Heffalump(m): 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2019
@Op: Every tribe has its own short comings bro. Believe in yourself and trust God almighty only.

You got to cut out a niche for yourself and define who you are, otherwise nobody will respect and honour you. undecided
Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by muykem: 4:04pm On Aug 25, 2019
OP is not Igbo man as claimed. Igbo is not known to be objective and reasonable.

1 Like

Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by fuckboys: 4:18pm On Aug 25, 2019
Well, buhari too is an igbo man, i think buhari is even more igbo than the op

2 Likes

Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by chiefobdk(m): 5:23pm On Aug 25, 2019
Any idea against Biafra is useless

2 Likes

Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by uboma(m): 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2019
chiefobdk:
Any idea against Biafra is useless

You need to grow up!
Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 26, 2019
Zuorom:
One thing is certain, you are not an Igbo man!!
You display such arrant ignorance of Igbo history.

"We are a very stubborn and proud people, such that of all the tribes in Nigeria, only the Igbos had no KING to rule over them, in times past"

The above quote sums your ignorance up perfectly. For you, the only reason why the igbos didn't have kings was because they are proud and stubborn? What a pathetic show of crass ignorance bordering on stupidity!!

The only reason why igbos did not have kings was because they were democratic and decentralized societies unlike the authoritarian and centralised leadership we had in other parts of Nigeria. They had their own system of governance with well laid down rules that everyone abided by with severe penalty visited on defaulters. If it was about pride and stubbornness then they would never have submitted themselves to any form of governance by anybody. The Igbo precolonial system was so beautiful, so egalitarian and a participatory democracy that should set a good example on how democracies should be.

I see through your pathetic attempt at denigrating igbos under the guise of being one of us. Save yourself the stress, you just ended up exposing your own ignorance and making a big fool of yourself

I am Igbo through and through.
Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by Nobody: 2:04pm On Aug 26, 2019
Jobac:
Biafra is possible if you Ibo people concentrate on your 5 States. Once you add any SS state to your imaginary country, you will never get it.

We may have to peacefully absorb your states into Biafra ? cheesy

After all, your people spend more time drinking ogogoro and chewing bush meat than investing in hardwork. You will need the Igbos, trust me.

1 Like

Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by michelz: 2:13pm On Aug 26, 2019
@Zuorom,your comment exemplify exactly what the OP said up there.
You're the typical brash and unreasonable average Igbo man that IPOB has come to represent.

Did you see the way you stupidly concluded that the OP is not Igbo just because his opinions are way different from the usual crude reasonings that you're used to,and could save you from potential self destruction which you guys so love?

Tueh!
Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by Zuorom: 9:26am On Aug 31, 2019
michelz:
@Zuorom,your comment exemplify exactly what the OP said up there.
You're the typical brash and unreasonable average Igbo man that IPOB has come to represent.

Did you see the way you stupidly concluded that the OP is not Igbo just because his opinions are way different from the usual crude reasonings that you're used to,and could save you from potential self destruction which you guys so love?

Tueh!
Shut up!!! If he is Igbo, why is he getting a very basic fact of Igbo history wrong? Please take your stupid pontification and get lost. Go and clean up the crude imperfections in whichever tribe you belong to before coming to preach to igbos. Nonsense!!
Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by Ekpeitit(m): 9:30am On Aug 31, 2019
frosbel2:
As an Igbo man, the more I think about the realisation of Biafra, the more I fear it may not be the solution to the problem of the Igbo man. It is true that we have been maltreated and marginalised for so long, but it is also true that we have not been our best defender or friend. We are a very stubborn and proud people, such that of all the tribes in Nigeria, only the Igbos had no KING to rule over them, in times past. The position of Eze was one introduced by the British to bring some semblance of governance within the Igbo tribe.

Before we talk about unity, we must be unified, but I do not see any unity among the Igbos and fear that should we eventually realise Biafra, there will infighting, hatred and chaos. Furthermore, we are too materialistic and have lost the original integrity bestowed upon us by our ancestors. So much crime, so much wickedness between brethren and so much bloodshed and scamming.

Many of us see ourselves as racially and intellectually superior to the others, and this is PRIDE of the HUBRIS sort which can lead a nation down to humiliation. We call other people illiterate, goats and daily mock our president. This is not a civilised approach to achieving our goals and only creates hatred. Let us approach matters maturely, patiently and persistently. With a united front, table our issues to the government and work tirelessly to fight for the cause of our brethren, not by fighting or killing, but by education, international publicity, respect to other tribes, and hard work.

On the issue of Fulani Herdsmen, what should we do? I will tell you what I will do. Organise a group of leaders to speak to the head of cattle rearers and others in leadership positions, and ensure alignment for peace and harmony. Dialogue not war, talking and not fighting. If we work with these leaders, I am certain the security forces will be on our side and destroy all hoodlums or criminals causing mayhem in the land. Also, let us not be ignorant of the ongoing ploy by many criminals in the east to use the issue of Fulani Herdsmen’s as a decoy to continue perpetuating wickedness and evil in the land of the Igbos.

I love you that is why I talk like this. We do not need the shedding of blood, we need to look for solutions, investments and other methods of improving the lot of our people. We need to root out all scammers, kidnappers and ritualists. We need to become humble and work as a team with the rest of the country for good governance, economic progress and opportunity.

Please I am not perfect, and it is possible that this matter has been oversimplified. If so, your opinion is important to hear.
Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by Ekpeitit(m): 9:31am On Aug 31, 2019
Nonsense right up who really wants Igbo people in Nigeria?
Abeg make una pack una load go,useless people.
Re: A Better Approach Instead Of Biafra by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2019
frosbel2:
[s]As an Igbo man, the more I think about the realisation of Biafra, the more I fear it may not be the solution to the problem of the Igbo man. It is true that we have been maltreated and marginalised for so long, but it is also true that we have not been our best defender or friend. We are a very stubborn and proud people, such that of all the tribes in Nigeria, only the Igbos had no KING to rule over them, in times past. The position of Eze was one introduced by the British to bring some semblance of governance within the Igbo tribe.

Please I am not perfect, and it is possible that this matter has been oversimplified. If so, your opinion is important to hear.[/s]

Thank you Zuorom for taking on this adonja. I wanted to finish him off but you did a great job. Sowore is dying in detention, nah Biafra dey worry this one. They are so scared of Igbos and what Igbos will offer out envy.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

2023: Why Igbo Can’t Produce President In Nigeria – Senator Wabara / Gov.wike Congratulates Ikwere-born 2019 Most Beautiful Girl In Nigeria / Labour Commences Strike Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.