Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Is There Any Effect On Car Enginee Running At Low Temperature? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Is There Any Effect On Car Enginee Running At Low Temperature? (2997 Views)

Fhemmmy Motos Presents You Toyota Camry From 2007 Model And Newer At Low Prices / Pls I Need Half Picanto Enginee To Buy 2007 Model / I Need Toyota Sienna Vvti Enginee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is There Any Effect On Car Enginee Running At Low Temperature? by Imeobong(m): 11:15am On Oct 24, 2010
Fellow Nairalander,

My car ( A Toyota Corolla 2006 model) Had problem with the Ac Compressor due to bad Gas. I later Change the compressor, but because the compressor was not of the same model with the one that came with the car as the one I bought did not have the switch to the thermostat.

The Ac mechanic later connected the compressor with an external hemostat, it works perfectly only that the ac was no more being control by the factory fitted thermostat. After 6 weeks, the entire wires controlling the ac burnt, If not for God it would have burnt down the whole car, as the wires from the alternator down to the fuse box at the engine to the wires under the dash board burnt down. ( See Pix)

To cut long story short, after rewiring, I have two problem; 1) the ABS light as seen in the pix do not go off again as usuall after the engine have come on and 2) it is the car ignition that switch on the radiator fan now instead of the hemostat. I then noticed this morning ( its my first day of using the car after the repair) that the car temperature is unusually low as compared to when it was being control by the hemostat.

Please my question is: Will this have an effect on my car engine, ( I mean the low temperature.) I am of the opinion of looking for another electrician to return back the control of the radiator fan to hemostat.
Please your positive suggestion will be well appreciated. Thanks

Re: Is There Any Effect On Car Enginee Running At Low Temperature? by Imeobong(m): 2:35pm On Oct 24, 2010
Dear NL,
I still await your candid response.
Re: Is There Any Effect On Car Enginee Running At Low Temperature? by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 06, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Registered 2007 Toyota Camry LE At The Lowest Price. 08023295044, 08064452948 / Clean Toks Camry 1998(pencil Light)for Sale In Port Harcourt / Reg Highlander 02 For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.