Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,099 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution (13079 Views)

Nissan Primera P11-144 CVT Not Selecting Properly Codes P0325 and P1777 / Catalyst Error Code 0420 And CVT Issue On Nissan Primera / All You Need To Know About The Notorious Murano CVT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution by hbid: 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2010
To all the Murano lovers and users,
Much has been said and is still being discussed about the Murano CVT gear/transmission issues.

I have investigated this issue for months and months now because I own a 2003 Murano(the most problematic) and cannot just let go of the car,

Points to Note:

1. Nissan did not order a recall of the Murano simply because its not the gear that is faulty, its the maintenance procedure that wasn't clearly communicated to buyers.

2. NEVER  ever pour ATF fluid into your Murano transmission. ONLY Nissan CVT NS-2 is certified for use. (You can get it at Ladipo at 20k a gallon).

3. Your CVT fluid needs to flushed and changed after  maximum of 40,000miles. You need to drain it for hours to let the dirt/fluid come out fully. I would advise that after flushing, you use about 1-2litres to clean the remnant dirt in the transmission and flush that out too before filling the transmission up with new fluid. The transmission takes about 6-7litres of CVT fluid, so you will have to buy 2 gallons.

3. Once you have any of the following symptoms, you CVT transmission fluid needs to be flushed out and changed totally.
     a. Sluggishness when moving from standstill, as if the fuel pump is faulty.
     b. Noise/Wheezing sound when trying to accelerate
     c. Slight smell of burning fluid when accelerating
     d. Unexpected change in gear/engine sound when accelerating
     e. Your CVT transmission starts changing gears like a normal auto transmission (You start noticing the gear change).

If you have a Murano with any of the above symptoms, please dont dump it yet, give the solution a try.

I no longer have issues with my transmission, and I have resolved to flush the gear oil at least every 3-4months. Expensive, but for me its worth it.
Re: Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution by KunleA2(m): 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2010
People are either too ignorant or they don't want to spend money.
Re: Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution by nuclearboy(m): 5:56pm On Oct 24, 2010
@Posters:

Does the same apply to 20005 and 2006 Pathfinders (have both) or they have different maint process(es)?

Kunle: when is that atf you promised coming?
Re: Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution by KunleA2(m): 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2010
nuclearboy:

@Posters:

Does the same apply to 20005 and 2006 Pathfinders (have both) or they have different maint process(es)?

Kunle: when is that atf you promised coming?

In our last conversation, i suggested that you try the Nissan dealership in Victoria Island. Shipping liquids/fluids is an expensive endeavor. Was stolen the last time i hid it in the vehicles (that was for Honda though). Its even cheaper for you to get it there unless you are willing to pay for Fedex charges. Then i will be more than happy to ship it to you via Fedex.
Re: Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution by nuclearboy(m): 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2010
Sorry, I must have missed that suggestion. Do you have an address/number for them? Or any means of getting such?
Re: Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution by KunleA2(m): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2010
Not right off my memory. Will try and get that across to you.
Re: Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution by nuclearboy(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2010
Thanks - you know my number! cool
Re: Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution by hbid: 6:47pm On Oct 24, 2010
There is a nissan dealership at karimu kotun vi.

1 Like

Re: Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2010
Thank you Sir this was really helpful. a friend is suffering the same thanks for releasing the cure
Re: Murano Cvt Transmission ! The Solution by igbanbajo(m): 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2010
bookmarked.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

These Are 5 Of The Best Jeep Concepts Created Over The Years / Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! / How Do You Calculate Your Car's Fuel Consumption?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.