Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

FBI LIST: Is The Tribal War Necessary? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FBI LIST: Is The Tribal War Necessary? (426 Views)

How Imo State Governor Received Funds From The Fraudster On FBI List.. Pictures / From Forbes List To FBI List: Nigerians React To Arrest Of Invictus Obi / Dubai Robbery: Femi Fani-Kayode Reacts As Nigerian Youths Start Tribal War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FBI LIST: Is The Tribal War Necessary? by Nobody: 8:24am On Aug 26, 2019
It is no longer news that 77 of the 80 Nigerians named in the FBI list of fraudsters are of Igbo extraction. This action alone is enough damage to our national physic and reputation as Nigerians. Unfortunately, many of us, especially none Igbos have turned it to tribal issue rather a national issue. I have been inundated with several whatsapp messages on the issue. Unfortunately, the international community does not know who is Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Efik, Edo or Ibibio. What they know is Nigerians. So our ranting on social media is just what is it "rant".

Criminality is not restricted to any tribe or a group of people. Nigerians are see globally as criminally minded people. Today, some of us are happy and callings Igbos all sorts of names because of these criminals, but if we look inward, we will discover that criminality is all around us. Take for example, the 23 drug pushers awaiting death in Saudi Arabia are not Igbos. The Fulani herdsmen are not Yorubas, neither are Boko Haram terrorists. Again all the local yahoo-yahoo boys and girls are from almost all tribes in the south, so we may be castigating one tribe today, however, we have not checked the log in our eyes.

Our politicians that are stealing us blue and black are from all the tribes in Nigeria. Those that created the insēcurity, unemployment and hopelessness of our youths are not restricted to a tribe or two. They have created an industry out of our commonwealth such that their lineage continue to rule us. They will loot and send their children abroad to study and later come back to rule you and I. Our youthful population, without jobs resort to yahoo-yahoo while the girls are all over Europe, Middle-East and even some African countries as prostitutes and sex slaves. While this is happening, we are on social media castigating our tribes calling one tribe Igbo and another afonja, yet we are not moving forward. Meanwhile, the looting is continuing, the politicians keep on feeding us with propaganda, lies and promises that have never been fulfilled.

Have you ever wondered that the same set of leaders who created vision 2000 in the 80s, came back to create vision 2010 and have since shifted to vision 2020, yet, we cannot conduct simple elections, we live in darkness and celebrate 12 hours ofve electricity during rainy season. Back in 1981, they told us that our politicians could not conduct simple elections, that "our hospitals have become mere consulting clinics ... while our leaders revel in corruption and indiscipline". My take is that there is really a problem in Nigeria. This problem is not necessarily the youth who are carrying out these vices, be tgey wire-wire or prostitution. The crimes and criminality are the symptoms, rather the problem are our leaders who have made everyone hopeless, graduates without jobs and made the environment too harsh for businesses to survive..

If you so much as see this as an ethnic or tribal issue, then my question to you would be, should Nigeria now allow Biafra to go so that this shame and damage to Nigeria reputation does not occur again?

1 Like

Re: FBI LIST: Is The Tribal War Necessary? by richmind2019(m): 9:34am On Aug 26, 2019
I think crime should not be used as a yardstick to judge igbos..
Every tribe has the crime DNA in their blood.

Re: FBI LIST: Is The Tribal War Necessary? by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 26, 2019
Necessary to zombies and wailers
Re: FBI LIST: Is The Tribal War Necessary? by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 26, 2019
The moderators on this forum are not helping matters as they promote hatred,ban people unnecessary and even delete comments. Thread of this nature rarely gets to front page but if it involves tribal bashing, it will. I wouldn't be surprised if what I raised is mplemented by the moderators.
Re: FBI LIST: Is The Tribal War Necessary? by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 26, 2019
The British experiment wasn't meant to be in the first place.

1 Like

Re: FBI LIST: Is The Tribal War Necessary? by Validated: 1:34pm On Aug 26, 2019
The youth are the problems of Nigeria. Such a docile group that enthrone stone age leaders and inept polit8.

(1) (Reply)

Will The Continued Closure Of Seme-border Solve Nigeria's Importation Problem? / Ranking Nigerian Gov, August, 2019: Top 5, Bottom 5 / Lagos Assembly Adjourns Ambode’s Probe Indefinitely

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.