Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit (22247 Views)

Electoral Act 84 (12): Appeal Court Stops Malami, PDP Gets Nod To Appeal / Isiala Ngwa Establish Security Outfit, Vote N68m For Logistics / Amotekun: South-East Governors Write FG On Plan To Establish Security Outfit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by LZAA: 2:16pm On Aug 26, 2019
SW gets nod to start security outfits
Afonjas start calling ndigbo upandan grin
Igbo domination on their minds
Cc immhotep Afonjaconehead GMBuharii sarrki deomelo pythonamaka Adaibeku Afamed

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 26, 2019
Simbrixton:
actually the south east started first with 1700 forest guards recruitment

Forest guards or Bush guards?

Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by Nobody: 2:27pm On Aug 26, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

.... As a retired military man who has taken part in JTF operations ...

That's why it's not good to be insulting people on Nairaland.

Imagine, this man is a grandpa...

1 Share

Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:30pm On Aug 26, 2019
Noel1:

That's why it's not good to be insulting people on Nairaland.

Imagine, this man is a grandpa...

No, I'm not. I retired after 11 years and 4 months. I'm still below 40.
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by loopman: 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

[s]To think that your SW governors are infallible is the height of ignorance. You're taking it personal, maybe it's because of what you stand to gain personally from it. I'm putting it to you the way it is, devoid of subjectivity. Time will tell who is wrong and right[/s].

You are obviously not from the SW, so stop bothering yourself. Let SWesterners handle their own challenges the way they deem fit while your bother about the challenges facing wherever you come from

1 Like

Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by Nobody: 2:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

No, I'm not. I retired after 11 years and 4 months. I'm still below 40.

Just after 11 years? Hope u're not collecting our pension

Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:41pm On Aug 26, 2019
Noel1:

Just after 11 years? Hope u're not collecting our pension

Military pension starts at 10 years. So, I'm a pensioner. I deserve it.
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

Haaaaaaaaaaaa. The Govt. should review it up to 25 years sharp sharp.

Na joke I dey joke o bro grin
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by plaindealer: 2:52pm On Aug 26, 2019
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by PatrickOkunima(m): 2:53pm On Aug 26, 2019
Noel1:

Haaaaaaaaaaaa. The Govt. should review it up to 25 years sharp sharp.

Na joke I dey joke o bro grin

Even if they do, it will not affect me, but those who retire after the effective date of the new Nigerian Armed Forces TACOS.
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 26, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

You were in the military so I expect you to understand that intelligence gathering and dissemination is supreme in fighting crime, terrorism, Insurgency and to better secure safety of lives and property. British police don't carry guns yet the UK is safer than the USA where all policemen are armed routinely. Measures such as how the UK has the largest number of CCTV Camera per square KM in the entire world means better proactive crime prevention and detection than arming officers to look like Rambo.

The solution is to liberalise crime-fighting and train local men and women formally to be an asset in proactively reporting potential criminal activities before they happen. When too many eyes are watching a few miscreant then it won't matter if they are armed with Bazooka sef before the police begin raiding their hideouts and jailing them.

1 Like

Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2019
candidtalk:

You were in the military so I expect you to understand that intelligence gathering and dissemination is supreme in fighting crime, terrorism, Insurgency and to better secure safety of lives and property. British police don't carry guns yet the UK is safer than the USA where all policemen are armed routinely. Measures such as how the UK has the largest number of CCTV Camera per square KM in the entire world means better proactive crime prevention and detection than arming officers to look like Rambo.

The solution is to liberalise crime-fighting and train local men and women formally to be an asset in proactively reporting potential criminal activities before they happen. When too many eyes are watching a few miscreant then it won't matter if they are armed with Bazooka sef before the police begin raiding their hideouts and jailing them.

You know the problem with most of us, we don't like hearing the truth. I'm only being realistic here. It's only a matter of time. I pray God keeps us alive to witness how events unfold.

BTW, it's an error to compare Nigerian to UK or USA, in this context .
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by plaindealer: 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

It obvious you're not ready to learn. There's no point arguing with you. Time will tell.

What's there to learn from your assumptions and personal opinion?

You can not make definite conclusions or formulate any credible opinion regarding a still unfolding and yet to be constituted security program.
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by Yorubasaredogs: 3:45pm On Aug 26, 2019
[s]
freeze001:
Very good. I hope our dull Eastern leaders/governors can see this and work towards the same in the region rather than lazily begging Buhari to endorse resolutions from SE Governors meeting. This is why one of them got severely harassed recently in Germany because these are issues they should have dealt with at the regional level but they have been gallivanting and just generally being scaredy, silly pussies!
I also hope it will not be given another colouration/interpretation by the central government and some crazy loonies if the Eastern leaders finally get around to achieving this goal.

[/s]I hope nairalanders can see the growing hate breathing in yorubas which if unchecked might be catastrophic. If an igboman responds to this insult, you or one coward on this thread will call the mods.
cc lzaa immhotep

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by PatrickOkunima(m): 3:48pm On Aug 26, 2019
plaindealer:

What's there to learn from your assumptions and personal opinion?

You can not make definite conclusions or formulate any credible opinion regarding a still unfolding and yet to be constituted security program.

There's no point arguing with you. Time will tell.
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by Yorubasaredogs: 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2019
LZAA:
SW gets nod to start security outfits
Afonjas start calling ndigbo upandan grin
Igbo domination on their minds
Cc immhotep Afonjaconehead GMBuharii sarrki deomelo pythonamaka Adaibeku Afamed
Can you imagine how insecure my yoruba brothers are. Always promoting tribalism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2019
Yorubasaredogs:
[s][/s]I hope nairalanders can see the growing hate breathing in yorubas which if unchecked might be catastrophic. If an igboman responds to this insult, you or one coward on this thread will call the mods.
cc lzaa afamed
freeze001 is missing his Igbo girlfriend

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by plaindealer: 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2019
PatrickOkunima:

There's no point arguing with you. Time will tell.

Where is the point in arguing and making assumptions over what you know nothing about?

You can not argue or force through your own personal opinion based on what's yet to be constituted or made active.
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by freeze001(f): 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2019
Nwokem calm down. E ne anya ofuma, i mara no nwa afo kam bu! Ihe ndi isi anyi n'eme na gbawa obi biko! Ha norocha, ndi ala a ne gbusi ndi be anyi, uzo adiro mma, ha na cho i mechi ebe ugbo elu si e fepu n'Enugu ha gbachi nkiti, o di mma?

Yorubasaredogs:
[s][/s]I hope nairalanders can see the growing hate breathing in yorubas which if unchecked might be catastrophic. If an igboman responds to this insult, you or one coward on this thread will call the mods.
cc lzaa immhotep
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by freeze001(f): 4:12pm On Aug 26, 2019
First I am female. 2nd, I am Igbo. Deal with it cos our leaders need to wake up in a hurry!
immhotep:

freeze001 is missing his Igbo girlfriend
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by Yorubasaredogs: 4:19pm On Aug 26, 2019
freeze001:
Nwokem calm down. E ne anya ofuma, i mara no nwa afo kam bu! Ihe ndi isi anyi n'eme na gbawa obi biko! Ha norocha, ndi ala a ne gbusi ndi be anyi, uzo adiro mma, ha na cho i mechi ebe ugbo elu si e fepu n'Enugu ha gbachi nkiti, o di mma?

Igbo language is one of the easiest languages anyone can learn.
Secondly i am not Igbo by the way. I am only sympathetic to the injustice meted on igbos and jealous (no pun intended ) of their success.
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by BOFREJO(m): 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
I love SW. No chest beat on social media, no bragging, no threat to the unity of this country. All they do is little talk and more action. If it were to be from other region...

Sorry where is their imported cow?

see hypocrite...
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by freeze001(f): 4:31pm On Aug 26, 2019
Yorubasaredogs:
Igbo language is one of the easiest languages anyone can learn.
Secondly i am not Igbo by the way. I am only sympathetic to the injustice meted on igbos and jealous (no pun intended ) of their success.

Good! You are not more hurt by the injustices against the Igbo than I am becasue I am Igbo and feel these things directly. However, it has become obvious that equity has become a strange concept in Nigeria so those who stand as leaders must fight and be seen to fight for their people. It cannot be that the only way to play 'national politics' is to constantly put down the Igbo man for the benefit of others. First, our leaders must be able to tell and speak the truth to power at all times. Secondly, there are purely home-based and regional issues that our leaders should be able to address and resolve thereby making the Eastern region more comfortable, safe and developed than it is. They should be able to use the press and even the institutions like the courts to reverse certain policies inimical to the East. They should be able to open up discussions on existential issues and follow through while building issue-based relations with other southern leaders.

There is no reason why we are not hearing robust plans of opening up our ports, let us hear that they sought approval and intervention of the FG and the FG refused, they can go to court for an interpretation of the powers of the FG when the development of a people are at stake! Values are getting eroded and youths more prone to dirty lifestyles because jobs and legit business opportunities are not getting created. There is a lot the Eastern representatives and leaders can do to change those narratives, why is it not happening? Are they afraid of EFCC because they have stolen monies meant for our collective development? Then they must pay! See Enugu airport is getting shut down with no palliative measures or end date, I have not heard any one of them or as a body make categorical statements calling out the FG for such unfair treatment considering what happened when Lagos and Abuja airports were to be repaired. If unfair practices are being visited on the region, then the leaders must rise up and fight against them. They can even get an injunction from the court and extract definite commitments from the FG!

2 Likes

Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by PatrickOkunima(m): 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2019
plaindealer:

Where is the point in arguing and making assumptions over what you know nothing about?

You can not argue or force through your own personal opinion based on what's yet to be constituted or made active.

Agreed, Prof.
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by plaindealer: 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2019
freeze001:

Good! You are not more hurt by the injustices against the Igbo than I am becasue I am Igbo and feel these things directly. However, it has become obvious that equity has become a strange concept in Nigeria so those who stand as leaders must fight and be seen to fight for their people. It cannot be that the only way to play 'national politics' is to constantly put down the Igbo man for the benefit of others. First, our leaders must be able to tell and speak the truth to power at all times. Secondly, there are purely home-based and regional issues that our leaders should be able to address and resolve thereby making the Eastern region more comfortable, safe and developed than it is. They should be able to use the press and even the institutions like the courts to reverse certain policies inimical to the East. They should be able to open up discussions on existential issues and follow through while building issue-based relations with other southern leaders.

There is no reason why we are not hearing robust plans of opening up our ports, let us hear that they sought approval and intervention of the FG and the FG refused, they can go to court for an interpretation of the powers of the FG when the development of a people are at stake! Values are getting eroded and youths more prone to dirty lifestyles because jobs and legit business opportunities are not getting created. There is a lot the Eastern representatives and leaders can do to change those narratives, why is it not happening? Are they afraid of EFCC because they have stolen monies meant for our collective development? Then they must pay! See Enugu airport is getting shut down with no palliative measures or end date, I have not heard any one of them or as a body make categorical statements calling out the FG for such unfair treatment considering what happened when Lagos and Abuja airports were to be repaired. If unfair practices are being visited on the region, then the leaders must rise up and fight against them. They can even get an injunction from the court and extract definite commitments from the FG!

You can not go anywhere or achieve anything without truth and honesty or being truthful to yourself.

You talk about the FG as if the FG is a mysterious entity dominated by evil forces in other region machinating against you when in fact leaders from your region are part of the FG. So, are your own leaders within the FG also part of the so called evil and mysterious entity working against your region.

Talking about ports and airports. There can not be any seaport in the SE because the don't have a any access to the sea, but they do have access to other viable and functioning seaports in the SS.

The airport in the SE was supposedly rebuilt by the then aviation minister, a prominent politician from the SE and a member of the FG under Jonathan. Was she as a member of the FG in charge of that airport with statutory authority to fix and deliver that airport working against the SE?

When that woman delivered the substandard airport, people from that region didn't care about the FG or the mediocre rubbish their daughter of the soil saddled them with, they were instead busy shouting GEJ till 2015.

Was she not part of the FG or was GEJ that the folks in that region love so much not part of the FG that neglected that region? Don't you still love him so much that if allowed to return, the whole of SE won't mind and still overwhelmingly vote for him?

For so many decades, the folks in that region followed and voted for the PDP, but the folks in that region did not see or care about the FG, they didn't care if the FG site any FG project in that region, they didn't even care and didn't say anything about the 2nd NB for decades.

Bottom line, you don't see the FG, you don't blame the FG or ever question members of the FG from your region, but you see, blame and question the FG when people from other region are leading the FG.

State governors in other places are coming up with ideas and thinking about how to do things on their own. Edo and other states are building their own seaports on their own without crying and waiting for the FG like little babies crying begging for similac.

Be honest yourselves about the choices you make, question your own leaders at the federal level, question your own governors for their competency and lack of vision and ideas.

2 Likes

Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by Nobody: 7:02pm On Aug 26, 2019
Biafrannuke:
yet treacherous SE governors help to proscribe BSS that was suppose to secure the Eastern region.

You see why they are being beaten?

Stop foooooooooooling ur self
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 26, 2019
freeze001:

Stop deceiving urself. Leaders from eastern Nigeria have called for reopening of the river n seaports in eastern Nigeria, a bill to do that was even sent to the Senate again this year, they did nothing.

If u like shout from now till eternity, awusa-afonja won't listen to u. Those ports will remain closed.
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by freeze001(f): 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2019
plaindealer:

You can not go anywhere or achieve anything without truth and honesty or being truthful to yourself.

You talk about the FG as if the FG is a mysterious entity dominated by evil forces in other region machinating against you when in fact leaders from your region are part of the FG. So, are your own leaders within the FG also part of the so called evil and mysterious entity working against your region.

Talking about ports and airports. There can not be any seaport in the SE because the don't have a any access to the sea, but they do have access to other viable and functioning seaports in the SS.

The airport in the SE was supposedly rebuilt by the then aviation minister, a prominent politician from the SE and a member of the FG under Jonathan. Was she as a member of the FG in charge of that airport with statutory authority to fix and deliver that airport working against the SE?

When that woman delivered the substandard airport, people from that region didn't care about the FG or the mediocre rubbish their daughter of the soil saddled them with, they were instead busy shouting GEJ till 2015.

Was she not part of the FG or was GEJ that the folks in that region love so much not part of the FG that neglected that region? Don't you still love him so much that if allowed to return, the whole of SE won't mind and still overwhelmingly vote for him?

For so many decades, the folks in that region followed and voted for the PDP, but the folks in that region did not see or care about the FG, they didn't care if the FG site any FG project in that region, they didn't even care and didn't say anything about the 2nd NB for decades.

Bottom line, you don't see the FG, you don't blame the FG or ever question members of the FG from your region, but you see, blame and question the FG when people from other region are leading the FG.

State governors in other places are coming up with ideas and thinking about how to do things on their own. Edo and other states are building their own seaports on their own without crying and waiting for the FG like little babies crying begging for similac.

Be honest yourselves about the choices you make, question your own leaders at the federal level, question your own governors for their competency and lack of vision and ideas.

You seem to have serious comprehension issues most likely because of your bias. My post is exactly about questions to Eastern leaders and why they aren't doin better. The proposed Onitsha port is right off the Atlantic ocean and when I talk of ports in the East I am referring to the entire old Eastern region so those in the SS are inclusive.

For the FG, I expect that the same standard applied in fixing the Abuja airport should be applied to that of Enugu. There is no sense in closing down the airport without making sure that the federal roads connecting other SE states to Owerri and Asaba airports are fixed. There is also no reason why d airport should be shut indefinitely without a specific time line.

1 Like

Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by rummmy: 6:22pm On Aug 27, 2019
loopman:

You would have preferred nothing is done or what exactly is your point,
i prefer the whole SW returns under the caliphate.
Re: Southwest Gets Nod To Establish Security Outfit by loopman: 9:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
rummmy:
[s]i prefer the whole SW returns under the caliphate. [/s]

Those looking for Buhari DNA in Japan are more sensible that you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“Grow, Don’t Blow”- Ibrahim Magu Admonishes Youths / Kankara Abduction: Northern Coalition Storms Katsina With #BringBackourBoys / Dangote, Dantata, Abdussamad, Others Get New Appointments In Kano State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.