Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,851 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! (76124 Views)

Looking For Used Ps3 To Buy.... / Warning: Do NOT Update Your PS3 To OFW 4.45 Yet / Help! I Dont Want My Ps3 To Spoil (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazzpete(m): 8:06pm On Oct 24, 2010
Using the tutorial found here
http://www.ps3hax.net/showpost.php?p=119661&postcount=221

And an iPod video (5G), i was able to carry out the PS3 Jailbreak and commenced ripping some games to my HDD grin

Photo proof attached below

Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazzpete(m): 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2010
I used an iPod video, but the following devices are also supported using this Rockbox approach

iPod Mini 1G
iPod Mini 2G
iPod 4G Grayscale
iPod 4G Color\Photo
iPod Nano 1G
iPod Video 5G\5.5G
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Bawss1(m): 9:02pm On Oct 24, 2010
Way to go dude! TP the modman.
Its nice to see the PS3 has been conquered. So no more paying 12k for games when you can download right? grin
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Mobinga: 10:51pm On Oct 24, 2010
Looks for his handcuffs smiley
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazzpete(m): 7:04am On Oct 25, 2010
Bawss1:

Way to go dude! TP the modman.
Its nice to see the PS3 has been conquered. So no more paying 12k for games when you can download right? grin

Yep. Just copy the game to the HDD and sell it off grin
My 60GB PS3 HDD filled up in no time. I'm going to buy a 320 GB SATA HDD today and swap it out with the 60GB in the PS3. Then the fun will begin grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Namzy(m): 9:42am On Oct 25, 2010
But one day you'll need to update your firmware and it's bye bye copied games
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by ElRazur: 9:54am On Oct 25, 2010
Namzy:

But one day you'll need to update your firmware and it's bye bye copied games

No mind the fool.

I find it funny that folks like the OP wants the good things in life, but unwilling to work for it.

If you can afford to buy a ps3 and a wide screen tv, how much is a game? Smh.

Hack your ps3 and wave goodbye to playing online, hack your ps3 and wave goodbye to playing all the latest games. To me, these two points are enough reasons not to muddle by ps3.

It is disgusting to see that this forum have no ethics whatsoever on pirating. But I guess, the owner hardly understand the concept.

Anyway, I am currently playing God of War III and my god, it rocks.

1 Like

Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Bawss1(m): 10:18am On Oct 25, 2010
@ ElRazur: Here's how I think that line of reasoning should work; if you can afford to buy a widescreen TV and a PS3 get two if online gaming is important to you. One for hacked games and the other for online gaming. smiley

Besides I understand there are ways to avoid firmware updates.

Ah the joys of hacking!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by ElRazur: 10:44am On Oct 25, 2010
Bawss1:

@ ElRazur: Here's how I think that line of reasoning should work; if you can afford to buy a widescreen TV and a PS3 get two if online gaming is important to you. One for hacked games and the other for online gaming. smiley

Besides I understand there are ways to avoid firmware updates.

Ah the joys of hacking!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So I should get two ps3 simply because I want to pirate a game? May be you are not reading me right, I am not keen on hacking or pirating games.

As per Sony's ps3, it is a cat and mouse game, and as it stand, sony have the upper hand. To play the latest game, you will need to update simple. But if you don't mind sticking to 3 years old game then good for you.

While I love hacking in some ways, for example changing my bios setting to get more juice out of my cpu. I think it is wrong to pirate games and spoil the fun for others. Just listen to the OP saying he will buy a game, copy it then sell it off. I am guessing if he in a country where refund is granted, then he will simply walk back into the store and ask for a refund. You see, that is nothing but theft.

Hacking already lead to cheating in online games, just ask microsoft who banned over 100k of online user with suspected pirated and hacked consoles.

But I guess around here, it is almost like the normal thing to do.

By the way, the Ps3 was never hacked per se, however the modification the OP is talking about allows one to turn the ps3 into a "developers mode". (Sony gives out developing consoles to developers obviously to test out their games during development and part of the feature of a developer's console unit is that it allows for game to be copied on to the HD.)

1 Like

Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Bawss1(m): 11:01am On Oct 25, 2010
ElRazur:

. Just listen to the OP saying he will buy a game, copy it then sell it off.

C'mon that was a tongue in cheek remark. TP no get that kind time to dey stand for junction dey sell PS3 HDDs. But the Alaba boys maybe. . .

ElRazur:

So I should get two ps3 simply because I want to pirate a game?

I suggested two consoles if online gaming is important to you. cheesy cheesy

There is a fine line between hacking and piracy, many people confuse the two but there's a difference. You just stated an example of hacking yourself in that line about changing bios settings. . .
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by ElRazur: 11:10am On Oct 25, 2010
Bawss1:

C'mon that was a tongue in cheek remark. TP no get that kind time to dey stand for junction dey sell PS3 HDDs. But the Alaba boys maybe. . .

I suggested two consoles if online gaming is important to you. cheesy cheesy

There is a fine line between hacking and piracy, many people confuse the two but there's a difference. You just stated an example of hacking yourself in that line about changing bios settings. . .

What are you talking about? How can it be tongue-in-cheek when that's the obvious logic when you hacked a console. Please don't defend the indefensible.

Again I am making myself clear, I do not see the need to pirate or hack a console. I enjoy playing online and prefer to do so in a clean way. So your suggestion for an extra console is pointless to be honest.

PS
Hades is kicking my backside. I will have to find a way to beat him.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Bawss1(m): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2010
I would love to store tons of PS3 games on my HDD and play them whenever I like, thats what this hack makes possible. I guess there are issues of ethics involved in this, the games are considered intellectual property and paying for them is the only way developers can hold their jobs (and feed their families lest they die of starvation cheesy). Piracy is bad no doubt. At the end of the day it boils down to the individual whether to make money off this hack or to use it for yourself.

I know I'm going to hack mine as soon as I get the "ingredients" needed. cool
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by ritchboy(m): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2010
Hehehe, see ElRazur shooting down piracy while running a hacked Windows 7, listening to music from mp3raid, and downloading The Expendables from thepiratebay, with FBT of course! cheesy grin

As for me, i wont be hacking my console anytime soon, and that's not because i feel guilty for not giving Sony/Developers/Publishers more money to boost their multi-billion dollar business! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazzpete(m): 12:04pm On Oct 25, 2010
ElRazur:

No mind the fool.

I find it funny that folks like the OP wants the good things in life, but unwilling to work for it.

If you can afford to buy a ps3 and a wide screen tv, how much is a game?  Smh.

Hack your ps3 and wave goodbye to playing online, hack your ps3 and wave goodbye to playing all the latest games.  To me, these two points are enough reasons not to muddle by ps3.

It is disgusting to see that this forum have no ethics whatsoever on pirating. But I guess, the owner hardly understand the concept.

Anyway, I am currently playing God of War III and my god, it rocks.

Fool, eh?

I've had my PS3 since December 2006 and i've put in a fortune in buying games that i haven't even got time to play. MGS 4, Devil May Cry 4, Uncharted 2, GTA 4, Guitar Hero 3, Fight Night 3, Burnout among many others have not been finished. I never even put the MGS 4 into my PS3 one day. I got God of War 3, played it on and off and haven't finished it yet.
Most of those games are now missing. I cannot remember who i gave the GTA 4 and MGS 4 to. Someone took my Street Fighter 4. Fight Night is missing. Burnout is broken - someone sat on it.

If i have a way to backup my discs so i don't lose them when i have a chance to play them, damn sure i'll do that. I buy all my games. And last i checked, there are no pirated copies of PS3 games floating around Nigeria. PS 3 games weigh in at tens of Gigabytes. Why would downloading games be an option for me when i can easily buy any game i want?

Jailbreaking your PS3 is much more than Pirated gaming. You need to try and broaden your horizon here. Way before sony banned otherOS, i was rocking Ubuntu on my PS3 in 2008, running a beta version of SNES9X. There are loads of exciting homebrew apps on the horizon, and i aim to get in on that. Why abuse me just because you have a limited imagination?

What i choose to do with the game after i copy it is my business, thank you. I could give it out, or i could sell it. There's a used game market out there, isn't there? As Bawss said, i'm not starving to start thinking of selling games for a living.

Stop being a lamer. My response to your insults is rather restrained (unusual for me) because i know you to be one of the more intelligent Nairalanders. But stop being so darned self-righteous here. Also you may want to check out the recent ruling on DMCA in the US. Jailbreaking is legal.
Do you also go around giving your friends with jailbroken iPhones a hard time?

2 Likes

Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by ElRazur: 12:05pm On Oct 25, 2010
ritchboy:

Hehehe, see ElRazur shooting down piracy while running a hacked Windows 7, listening to music from mp3raid, and downloading The Expendables from thepiratebay, with FBT of course! cheesy grin

Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazzpete(m): 12:10pm On Oct 25, 2010
ElRazur:

As per Sony's ps3, it is a cat and mouse game, and as it stand, sony have the upper hand.  To play the latest game, you will need to update simple. But if you don't mind sticking to 3 years old game then good for you.

Just for the record, my PS3 has never been online. Neither has my Xbox 360. I'm too busy to miss that.
However, i am on firmware 3.41. Sony's latest firmware is 3.50, which adds only 3d Bluray playback.

On my Jailbroken PS3, i can play EVERY game released on the PS3 to date, including Medal of Honor (Sony tried to prevent this from playing on lower firmware, easily circumvented).
On the plus side, i'll have Linux running soon. Perhaps an optimized version of XBMC. Emulators for Dreamcast, PS2, PS1 and SNES are in the works. Fair trade.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by ElRazur: 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2010
texazzpete:

Fool, eh?

I've had my PS3 since December 2006 and i've put in a fortune in buying games that i haven't even got time to play. MGS 4, Devil May Cry 4, Uncharted 2, GTA 4, Guitar Hero 3, Fight Night 3, Burnout among many others have not been finished. I never even put the MGS 4 into my PS3 one day. I got God of War 3, played it on and off and haven't finished it yet.
Most of those games are now missing. I cannot remember who i gave the GTA 4 and MGS 4 to. Someone took my Street Fighter 4. Fight Night is missing. Burnout is broken - someone sat on it.

I bought my ps3 20gig from Japan and got it a week after launch. I paid over the odd for it too, so what is your point? If you keep your things well then perhaps it may not be missing? Just a thought.

If i have a way to backup my discs so i don't lose them when i have a chance to play them, damn sure i'll do that. I buy all my games. And last i checked, there are no pirated copies of PS3 games floating around Nigeria. PS 3 games weigh in at tens of Gigabytes. Why would downloading games be an option for me when i can easily buy any game i want?

Same lame excuse I have read across forum.  The physical disc is there for you to keep for a reason. Lets cut the crap, Hacking a console and pirating game was frowned upon for very good reasons and your original comment suggest why such approach is pursed intensely by game makers and console manufacturer.

As per not alot of pirate game are floating around, that should be the way it should be. Piracy and hacking was one of the reason MS came out with the Xbox replacement quickly. You see, these things eventually hits those who make them and if they do not sell enough copies, then they end up not making good games etc.

Jailbreaking your PS3 is much more than Pirated gaming. You need to try and broaden your horizon here. Way before sony banned otherOS, i was rocking Ubuntu on my PS3 in 2008, running a beta version of SNES9X. There are loads of exciting homebrew apps on the horizon, and i aim to get in on that. Why abuse me just because you have a limited imagination?

OtherOs was banned simply because of people with your mentality ruined it for the rest of us. If I want to play snes or any emulator, there are other way round it than using your ps3. No? Let's not forget, Sony did state in their policy that they reserve the right to make amendments to the software the ps3 runs. Once it was compromised by that useless guy (and the community who worked with him) Sony did the right thing and pulled the plug on the Linux. Remember, it was all good, until the hacking and pirating community got involve.

What i choose to do with the game after i copy it is my business, thank you. I could give it out, or i could sell it. There's a used game market out there, isn't there? As Bawss said, i'm not starving to start thinking of selling games for a living.

Yes it is your business, but you are going out of your way to bypass the anti-copy feature and like you have stated, to make a quick buck in the process.

Stop being a lamer. My response to your insults is rather restrained (unusual for me) because i know you to be one of the more intelligent Nairalanders. But stop being so darned self-righteous here. Also you may want to check out the recent ruling on DMCA in the US. Jailbreaking is legal.

Lamer? Nope. Self righteous? Nope. Just saying I oppose pirating console as it will eventually ruin it for every one. Look back on ps1, ps2 and xbox if you want.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2010
texazzpete:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

ritchboy:

el, talk true na - is every single bit of media you have - music, ebooks, movies, software, games, operating system legit and purchased directly from a retailer?
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by ElRazur: 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2010
Let him without sin cast the first stone.

I have stated that there some form of hacking that I will pursue. I flashed my HTC Desire so as to get updates directly from Google. Play around with bios setting and used Cpu Z to improve performance on my PC etc. I will however not pirate games or hack my console in order to play pirated games.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazz: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2010
ElRazur:

Let him without sin cast the first stone.

I have stated that there some form of hacking that I will pursue. I flashed my HTC Desire so as to get updates directly from Google. Play around with bios setting and used Cpu Z to improve performance on my PC etc. I will however not pirate games or hack my console in order to play pirated games.

As the topic says, i jailbroke my PS3 to play copied games. Not PIRATED games. Those two words do not necessarily mean the same thing. You KNOW this, but the lure of preaching from your soapbox is overriding your logic. There's nothing remotely illegal in making backups of games i legally own. My comment on selling the game should not be taken literally. I have no need for such meager sums of money.
What is debatable is that i most likely could swap or lend out the original disk while continuing to play the backup. But that too exists in a grey region all by itself. Do you continue to play ripped Mp3s from CDs you buy if you loan your neighbour the CD, for example?

Your comments on jailbreaking are naive. If i decide to do some SNES gaming on my PS3, what issue of yours is it? I'll bet your Android phone is rooted; is that evil too?

ElRazur:

If I want to play snes or any emulator, there are other way round it than using your ps3. No? Let's not forget, Sony did state in their policy that they reserve the right to make amendments to the software the ps3 runs. Once it was compromised by that useless guy (and the community who worked with him) Sony did the right thing and pulled the plug on the Linux. Remember, it was all good, until the hacking and pirating community got involve.

Sorry, but some of us would rather use our SNES emus with an actual Wireless pad.
And yes, Sony has the right to make amendments to the PS3 firmware. Just as PS3 owners have the right to backup copies of game discs they legally own. it doesn't matter how many people abuse this right to run pirated games. The fact remains that it's their right!
Is there room for Abuse? YES! Just like Sony happily removed the OtherOS feature that was used as a selling points for many PS3s.

ElRazur:

Piracy and hacking was one of the reason MS came out with the Xbox replacement quickly. You see, these things eventually hits those who make them and if they do not sell enough copies, then they end up not making good games etc.
Just saying I oppose pirating console as it will eventually ruin it for every one. Look back on ps1, ps2 and xbox if you want.

The part in bold is pure balderdash. Microsoft came out with the 360 a year ahead of the PS3 mainly to get a decent head start on their main competitor, after learning their lessons from the PS2 era.
Modchip or flashing dependent Console Piracy is just a drop in the ocean. To date, the Dreamcast, PSP and Nintendo DS are perhaps the only systems to have suffered seriously from Piracy as only a simple boot disk or modified firmware is needed to launch copied games.
What most of these people won't tell you is that most pirates would never have bought the game in the first place.
Numbers don't lie. People have been flashing Xbox 360 consoles for the past two years. So why is it that most multiplatform games on the 360 sell far more than their PS3 counterparts, even in North America where the install base is almost at par? Red Dead Redemption is a sterling example. the 360 version No 3 on the top 10 sales list, the PS3 version doesn't even make the charts!
I'm not holding brief for piracy here, just reminding you of the facts before you start spreading FUD. Insisting that piracy 'ruined the PS1, 2 and Xbox for everyone' is just silly.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazz: 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2010
oyb:

el, talk true na - is every single bit of media you have - music, ebooks, movies, software, games, operating system legit and purchased directly from a retailer?

Elrazur, enough prattling about games. Answer oyb's question above. Also according to your rules

1. Do you use AdBlock in Firefox? Yes? Then you're denying developers Ad revenue. Stealing from their children's mouths. Shame!
2. Play music loud enough for others to hear? Wrong!
3. Kept any Mp3 from your CD collection even after the original CD may have been damaged/loaned out? Thief!!
4. Ever photocopied any part of a book before? Well, you know that part that says "No part may be photocopied without prior written permission of the owner"? Yeah. That makes you a thief.

I'm glad to know you haven't ever done any of these things. I'll also be glad to convey your scorn to those who do grin.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Bawss1(m): 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2010
The spambot hammer at work again? angry
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazz: 4:39pm On Oct 25, 2010
Bawss1:

The spambot hammer at work again? angry

Yep. I hate using this ID thingy, don't believe in multiple IDs.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Mobinga: 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2010
Spambot's at it again.
And why is ElRazur spewing thrash?
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by ritchboy(m): 6:38pm On Oct 25, 2010
Tex, u no invite me come your wedding? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 25, 2010
tex will soon have to replace that fancy dangerous glass stand which will give toddlers easy access with something more child proof cheesy cheesy

junior's first oder of business will be touching all those pretty bright lights and that big face on the tv screen cheesy cheesy
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Mobinga: 6:59pm On Oct 25, 2010
grin grin grin lol
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Mobinga: 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2010
shocked shocked Whooo This made front page cool cool cool
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazz: 7:11pm On Oct 25, 2010
oyb:

tex will soon have to replace that fancy dangerous glass stand which will give toddlers easy access with something more child proof  cheesy cheesy

junior's first oder of business will be touching all those pretty bright lights and that big face on the tv screen  cheesy cheesy

Lol. That stand is pretty much irreplaceable. Under that glass lies an Xbox 360, a Wii, 2 decoders and a DVD player. I've been battling the wire clutter for ages.

ritchboy:

Tex, u no invite me come your wedding? grin grin

Abeg no vex. That's just the photo frame na, u no see say na oyibos dey that pic?

@Topic
Seems like that change of HDD is needed ASAP. Super Street Fighter IV took 12GB, Pro Evo Soccer 2011 grabbed 9GB. I've got a 60GB PS3 but it's reporting only 500MB left, even after i deleted all my movies  angry

I just had another think about El Razur's arguments. The truth is, there's a whole lot of gray areas in this. If it's legal to buy a game, beat it and sell it off to the used game market, why should it be shady to copy that game and then play it at your leisure, then delete it when you're done? Even if you sell or give out the original game, it still boils down to the same scenario.

Ripped PS3 games are beginning to appear online, but at tens of gigabytes in size, only the most hardened fellow with a great connection would start downloading such. Much easier to just buy the damned thing.
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by texazzpete(m): 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2010
Mobinga:

shocked shocked Whooo This made front page cool cool cool

And i got my ID back.
i'll put up a guide, modify my second post with it. Good times, eh?
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by ElRazur: 7:28pm On Oct 25, 2010
texazz:

As the topic says, i jailbroke my PS3 to play copied games. Not PIRATED games. Those two words do not necessarily mean the same thing. You KNOW this, but the lure of preaching from your soapbox is overriding your logic. There's nothing remotely illegal in making backups of games i legally own. My comment on selling the game should not be taken literally. I have no need for such meager sums of money.

You said a lot of things that are not exactly true, so I will keep it simple.

By modifying the Ps3, you are going against Sony's policies of the software in the ps3 and the actual game.

http://uk.playstation.com/legal/detail/item223670/UK-PlayStation%C2%AE3-Software-Usage-Terms/

You already stated your intentions, to back away from it now puts you in a less credible position.

What is debatable is that i most likely could swap or lend out the original disk while continuing to play the backup. But that too exists in a grey region all by itself. Do you continue to play ripped Mp3s from CDs you buy if you loan your neighbour the CD, for example?

Again, the link I posted will suggest you may have a case to answer. Read them again.

Your comments on jailbreaking are naive. If i decide to do some SNES gaming on my PS3, what issue of yours is it? I'll bet your Android phone is rooted; is that evil too?

Again, read the link.

http://uk.playstation.com/legal/detail/item223670/UK-PlayStation%C2%AE3-Software-Usage-Terms/

Modifying your ps3 to play room flies in the face of the software usage term. Sorry.

Sorry, but some of us would rather use our SNES emus with an actual Wireless pad.
And yes, Sony has the right to make amendments to the PS3 firmware. Just as PS3 owners have the right to backup copies of game discs they legally own. it doesn't matter how many people abuse this right to run pirated games. The fact remains that it's their right!

You claim you have the right to back up games. I think you will find that you are modifying the ps3 - Something sony do not allow. Also you will be going against the software usage. It get tiring repeating myself. Please provide with what makes you think you have the right to back up from Blu Ray disc onto your ps3? Perhaps I missed the memo.

Is there room for Abuse? YES! Just like Sony happily removed the OtherOS feature that was used as a selling points for many PS3s.

I am not sure I get your point here. Yes, there is a room for abuse. You know, just how your original statement had intent of abuse. Yes I agree that the OtherOs was used a side marketing point, but the truth be told, ps3 was markets as a Games machine with Multimedia Capabilities, not exactly a linux box you see.

The part in bold is pure balderdash. Microsoft came out with the 360 a year ahead of the PS3 mainly to get a decent head start on their main competitor, after learning their lessons from the PS2 era.

If you comprehend my point, it is clear to see that I stated that "It was one of the reasons". I never said IT WAS THE MAIN REASON.

Modchip or flashing dependent Console Piracy is just a drop in the ocean. To date, the Dreamcast, PSP and Nintendo DS are perhaps the only systems to have suffered seriously  from Piracy as only a simple boot disk or modified firmware is needed to launch copied games.

Here we go, so you acknowledge that a few consoles suffered in the past due to piracy, I guess Sony should fold their arms and let the ps3 suffer to via unauthorised user access and dumps? I think you just contradicted your own points, or at least do a full circle.

What most of these people won't tell you is that most pirates would never have bought the game in the first place.
Numbers don't lie. People have been flashing Xbox 360 consoles for the past two years. So why is it that most multiplatform games on the 360 sell far more than their PS3 counterparts, even in North America where the install base is almost at par? Red Dead Redemption is a sterling example. the 360 version No 3 on the top 10 sales list, the PS3 version doesn't even make the charts!

I am lost here.   So piracy boost gaming numbers?

I think you will find that once a machine is badly hacked and unauthorised user access granted, there is nothing stopping the user from buying a game, copy it to HD and head back to the shop to ask for a return. You know, just like you hinted in the beginning. And there, is just one of the problems.

I'm not holding brief for piracy here, just reminding you of the facts before you start spreading FUD. Insisting that piracy 'ruined the PS1, 2 and Xbox for everyone' is just silly.

Again, please take time to read my post. I pointed out that Other Os was removed because people who share your idea of hacking a games console ruined it for the rest of us. That is, if no one hacked the PS3 in the first place or allow unauthorised user access, then Sony won't pull the plug on other Os.

While, I do not use other Os much, I will like to know it is there IF I need it, but thanks to people like yourself, it is now taken off by Sony.

Mobinga:

Spambot's at it again.  
And why is ElRazur spewing thrash?

Thanks for your input. Very nice of you.  Have you considered making an actual contribution?  undecided

@Tex

I really do not expect people to share my view, not on this part of the internet anyway. smiley
Re: Finally Hacked My Ps3 To Play Copied Games! by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2010
Ripped PS3 games are beginning to appear online, but at tens of gigabytes in size, only the most hardened fellow with a great connection would start downloading such. Much easier to just buy the damned thing.

enter the repack lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

mass effect 2 comes in at some 12gbs if i remember

the rip comes in at 4gb - downside - low res cutscenes lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

sony took a smart strategy out hardware pirates

emulation of a ps3 is not feasible , so runningps3 titles on your pc is out of it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things To Consider Before You Purchase That PS2,PS3 and PS4 Console. / What Does Man Do 3 Times A Day And Woman Do Once In Lifetime?? / Illuminati Symbol On Candy Crush Saga? (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.