Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,606 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) (48440 Views)

Scientists Discover Pencil-Sized Species Of Snake, Hiding In Plain Sight (Pics) / New Species Of Green Pit Viper Discovered In India, Named After Hogwarts Founder / A Hippopotamus Killed At Jebba, Niger State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Owodiran1(m): 7:30pm On Aug 26, 2019
This green mamba nah

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Odinaka00(m): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2019
Can't just any of you snake killers make video of you killing the snake? Why always posting a video of a dead snake?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Sirseedorf(m): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2019
From the look of the snake, it is LALASNAKELALA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by ronyman(m): 7:31pm On Aug 26, 2019
Guy u funny die grin grin
adewest1999:
grin Na xenzia snake......if you play that snake game for Nokia rock with me you go sabi qm

Very dangerous breed na God save you o....... as e dey chop e dey grow

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Sirnioking(m): 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2019
Philothamnus semievariegatus. Spotted bush snake
PBeni:
Good day nairalanders. Pls pardon me, I wasn't sure which section to post this.

I drove in only to find this snake in my compound, at the backyard. It was ready to attack even though it seemed to have a swollen belly, probably swallowed a lizard or so.
I wasted no time to do justice to it.

Mods Pls help me push this to the front page. I've got extreme fear of snakes, someone might be able to identify the type of snake and how to prevent getting in contact with another one around.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by chuckjonesbaba(m): 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2019
adewest1999:
grin Na xenzia snake......if you play that snake game for Nokia rock with me you go sabi qm

LMAOOOOO! Omg see answer! Lol!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Odinaka00(m): 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2019
Even the blue rope in the last pic come pose like a blue snake too.. Op watch out for that tiny blue rope cuz I nor trust am at all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Toscarel: 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2019
Looks like a boomslang

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Nathan2016: 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2019
Just going through the page, you will know that Nigerians are duance. No one was ever to identify it. Chai, this generation is gone, i swear

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by JoffreyBeroth(m): 7:33pm On Aug 26, 2019
Most likely green mamba

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Codes151(m): 7:34pm On Aug 26, 2019
We should help you identify what you have identified already?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by OdefaGirl(f): 7:34pm On Aug 26, 2019
adewest1999:

grin grin grin grin, very dangerous my brother.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Stevegoddy23: 7:34pm On Aug 26, 2019
Witches & Wizards from ur villa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Sirnioking(m): 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
Philothamnus semievariegatus!!! Spotted bush snake.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Kevinsamba: 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
Looks like the non venomous common grass snake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Toscarel: 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
Maverickking1:
Looks like a garter snake. Non venomous kind.

Off point google before you assume , do you don't mislead people into getting bitten unnecessarily spot the difference
the first is a garter snake
The second a boomslang

Which of the two would be the one they posted

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by penjm: 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
Just a Green snake looking for Greener pasture that's all!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Lonelypacifist6: 7:35pm On Aug 26, 2019
This is a very friendly snake it was named after a mod on Nairaland, Lalasticus Serpentine.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Ostrogoth(m): 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2019
adewest1999:

cheesy grin cheesy You have the wisdom of the ancestors! May oversabi never kee you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Sirtee19: 7:36pm On Aug 26, 2019
This is green mamba. In Yoruba land, it's called sooro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Kevinsamba: 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
Na from the shape of the head it's visibly not one
Toscarel:
Looks like a boomslang

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Sirnioking(m): 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
I just identified it pls!!!
Nathan2016:
Just going through the page, you will know that Nigerians are duance. No one was ever to identify it. Chai, this generation is gone, i swear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by kareemkamil(m): 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
The most dangerous snake ever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by akpunda86: 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
PBeni:

Can you identify the snake? I got fear of snakes man.
Mods pls

Snake is called buhari.common in the North mostly in katsina.hard to die.the male is called kalu.check the zoo ull see more of it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by penjm: 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2019
Codes151:
We should help you identify what you have identified already?
specimen A

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by dmltoyin(m): 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2019
Harmless bush snake
Non venomous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Sirnioking(m): 7:38pm On Aug 26, 2019
Sirtee19:
This is green mamba. In Yoruba land, it's called sooro.
No its not

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by nickxtra(m): 7:39pm On Aug 26, 2019
PBeni:
Good day nairalanders. Pls pardon me, I wasn't sure which section to post this.

I drove in only to find this snake in my compound, at the backyard. It was ready to attack even though it seemed to have a swollen belly, probably swallowed a lizard or so.
I wasted no time to do justice to it.

Mods Pls help me push this to the front page. I've got extreme fear of snakes, someone might be able to identify the type of snake and how to prevent getting in contact with another one around.

You do "justice" by killing an innocent snake? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Aayourmi9(m): 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2019
shilenji:
From the black spots its an harmless bush snake which feeds on rat,mice,geckos,lizards but people often mistake it to be green mamba or boomslang. Clear the bushes around you and make your enviroment cleaner. The snake no get venom.
You hear mister fear fear man.

You got this from snakes in the city��

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Kevinsamba: 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2019
PLs ignore my earlier replies it's a venomous boomslang snake

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Green Snake Killed At My Backyard: Help Me Identify The Species (Photos) by Coldfeets: 7:40pm On Aug 26, 2019
What will you do after knowing the specie?

Instead of just directly asking lalasticlala the snake-loving maestro to take your post to the front-page, which you know he will eventually do once you mention the pass code : snake, you are here forming intellectual by asking after the specie as if knowing the specie will make Ekweremadu to start eating yams again.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Woman Kills Python And Scorpion After Invading Her Home In Lagos. Photos / Super-chilled Chameleon Leans On His Arm As He Reclines In The Sunshine(Pics) / Big Turtle Captured By A Woman In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.